What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Waldron has explosive tell-all book in works

LESStar58

Referee
we already know who was 'privy to the dodgy deals' IT WAS YOU! f**k me dead he set up the whole shebang now he is going to point the finger at who was involved? here's a tip brian you will need a mirror

Mate, there's every chance in hell he's privy to deals at OTHER clubs (I've always said I'm convinced all clubs save for 3 are operating outside of the cap and this book, if published, may prove me right...but it may prove me wrong as well) and in terms of people at the "Storm" he will probably also have the goods on the subsidiary of News that actually owns the Storm whose name escapes me ATM. Wether or not he names players is something else but I don't think he will... if the NRL suopeana (sp?) players financial records as they have threatened to do in the legal action there'll be no need for Brian to do that.

I've always been of the opinion that News have SOMETHING to hide out of this whole affair and they are afraid of it becoming public. News don't support the legal action of the independent Storm directors; why? I smell a rat and it's bound to be a bigger on than Brian Waldron. Could you imagine if someone at News actually knew about and encouraged the cheating that went on? It would bring the entire game down as they are part owners of the code. Heads would be rolling at News Limited not to mention the jobs of people at the NRL.

Just on Waldron's potential knowledge of "rorts" at other clubs, keep in mind that it was reported he was held in pretty high regard by the other CEOs like Searle, Greenberg, Cullen etc before this all went down... who the f**k knows what information they shared amongst each other!

I'll watch these developments with great interest. As for the book, I've always wanted answers on this whole mess....this might provide me with SOME of them.

LESStar58

Referee
Far from fair? He was the CEO FFS. He had ample opportunites to leave the club, blow the whistle etc. etc. Why shouldn't he cop the brunt of the backlash. The wanker could at very least make a public apology to the fans of the Storm and RL in general.

Didn't he approach Gallop in regards to an "amnesty" on cap rorting in 2006 or 2007?

If that's true I reckon it's a given that he had information on other clubs as well and didn't just try and do it to cover his own arse.

LESStar58

Referee
Mate they can't apologise for Mundine dropping the ball over the line or Ainscough taking Smiths head off :)

Methinks he is talking about the players involved between 2005 to present... but on that argument you just put forward in your post you should know that using that logic with Dragons fans is like beating your head against a brick wall... don't you know it's all Bill Harrigan's fault? :roll:

LESStar58

Referee
mundine dropped a ball? :-k but he's the greatest player to ever lace a boot just ask him he'll tell you :crazy::crazy:

This is the same bloke who quit the game after being in a team that copped a 60 point hiding in a GF rematch after shooting his mouth off....

Mate, there's every chance in hell he's privy to deals at OTHER clubs (I've always said I'm convinced all clubs save for 3 are operating outside of the cap and this book, if published, may prove me right...but it may prove me wrong as well) and in terms of people at the "Storm" he will probably also have the goods on the subsidiary of News that actually owns the Storm whose name escapes me ATM. Wether or not he names players is something else but I don't think he will... if the NRL suopeana (sp?) players financial records as they have threatened to do in the legal action there'll be no need for Brian to do that.

I've always been of the opinion that News have SOMETHING to hide out of this whole affair and they are afraid of it becoming public. News don't support the legal action of the independent Storm directors; why? I smell a rat and it's bound to be a bigger on than Brian Waldron. Could you imagine if someone at News actually knew about and encouraged the cheating that went on? It would bring the entire game down as they are part owners of the code. Heads would be rolling at News Limited not to mention the jobs of people at the NRL.

Just on Waldron's potential knowledge of "rorts" at other clubs, keep in mind that it was reported he was held in pretty high regard by the other CEOs like Searle, Greenberg, Cullen etc before this all went down... who the f**k knows what information they shared amongst each other!

I'll watch these developments with great interest. As for the book, I've always wanted answers on this whole mess....this might provide me with SOME of them.
i dont think if clubs are cheating the cap they are likely to broadcast it to all and sundry more people knowing about it increases the chance of a leak

news are the meat in the sandwich between the storm and nrl seeing they have a share in both organisations which must tie their hands behind their back a bit they cant take action without risking a conflict of interest

This is the same bloke who quit the game after being in a team that copped a 60 point hiding in a GF rematch after shooting his mouth off....
oh i LOVED that game all week mundine was mouthing off and then the dragons got flogged! is that score still a record loss for them?

LESStar58

Referee
i dont think if clubs are cheating the cap they are likely to broadcast it to all and sundry more people knowing about it increases the chance of a leak

Mate, as proven with both the Storm and the Bulldogs all it takes is one. Storm and Canterbury would never... well I won't say never, there's a greater chance that Melbourne and Canterbury would have got away with it if it wasn't for a whistle blower.

I'm sure the CEOs have shared information with each other from time to time. If Waldron has the goods on one person it could lead to a bit of a domino effect. I'm not prepared to rule anything out at this juncture.

Cammo

Bench
the Dogs were busted by SMH reporters who were looking at the Oasis project

After a disgruntled investor gave them the documents that they knew would get the Bulldogs in trouble, basically a whistleblower to the media as opposed to the NRL in the Storms case

El Diablo

Post Whore
After a disgruntled investor gave them the documents that they knew would get the Bulldogs in trouble, basically a whistleblower to the media as opposed to the NRL in the Storms case

the women who found it were not even League reporters

Ulysseus

Bench
I think so? Might have to ask a Saints fan...

Yep, a record loss but I don't think he played in the game, he f**king should have, he deserved to be on the end of the score.
Mind, it was his mouth leading up to the game that was the issue.
Just one of the reasons why I scratch my head when he remains loved by a sh*tload of Saints supporters.
At 600K a year he was overpaid, he talked the team into a whole heap of trouble leading into that game, didn't show and then promptly declared himself as a "boxer" and held some clown arse media conference with a f**king lollipop in his mouth, which is fitting because the entire sordid episode sucked the big one.

I would not piss on Mundine if he were on fire, he walked away from the club TWICE and proceeded to fight some of the Philippines best rickshaw drivers and claims to be a real fighter.

Mundine can go and f**k himself.

Ulysseus

Bench
Well, if he did play I certainly don't remember him doing half of f**k all.
It would have done him the world of good to get dropped on his head by Steven Kearney.

Yep, a record loss but I don't think he played in the game, he f**king should have, he deserved to be on the end of the score.
Mind, it was his mouth leading up to the game that was the issue.
Just one of the reasons why I scratch my head when he remains loved by a sh*tload of Saints supporters.
At 600K a year he was overpaid, he talked the team into a whole heap of trouble leading into that game, didn't show and then promptly declared himself as a "boxer" and held some clown arse media conference with a f**king lollipop in his mouth, which is fitting because the entire sordid episode sucked the big one.

I would not piss on Mundine if he were on fire, he walked away from the club TWICE and proceeded to fight some of the Philippines best rickshaw drivers and claims to be a real fighter.

Mundine can go and f**k himself.

Yep, he did play that game, according to rugbyleagueproject.
http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/s...Melbourne-vs-St_George_Illawarra/summary.html

I found the Big League issue that had the feature article on him mouthing off about it in a Gosford store for 25 cents. Good read. Many lulz.