What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Walker fined 10% of salary and dropped from Roosters team

Kaz

junior
Johnsy

The QLD Police have been in the headlines for the overuse of capsicum spray.

So them using it doesn't surprise me.

_Johnsy

Referee
Kaz

Each time OC spray is used it HAS to be justifiable use of force..believe me they dont use it just for the hell of it. The civil libetarians scream black and blue when it is used. Yes a person has died from OC spray beacause he was an asthmatic a very sad incident indeed. The incident on the coast went for 45 minutes, there was another 40 odd minutes of "action" before those 2 people were sprayed, but the whole incident was not reported just the 2 minutes of the 2 guys getting sprayed. those 2 guys followed the cops abusing them, and trying to start a fight with other people in the mall, for over 500m, they were told on 5 seperate ocassions to leave, and we subsequently aressted. The police were found to be justified in their use of force, and believe me the people who investigate these measure are known as toe cutters, they do not protect the cops at all.

It is the use of force option below a firearm so it is not used willy nilly. He was oibviously out of control and quite worked up. What would you have the police do?
Go toe to toe with him, use their batons, not many options when there is a fight with several people and one or two are the aggressors. He would have been given at least a couple of warnings. The police present at that incident have a responsibility to the other people involved in the stoush, people watching and Walker, not to mention themselves. If another person present gets belted by walker while police are there they are held responsible. Depending on who the officers were at the scene, it may have been 2 women whore were smaller in stature and had to get control of the situation straight away. Parity disparity.

Anyway, the media loves to give to the cops at evry single opportunity, I am not sure why Terry Ogorman has not been on the front page of the Courier mail yelling at how all police abuse their position, by assaulting someone with oc spray and taking away his civil liberties. :lol:

dice

Juniors
Stgillaman said:
The Dragons had a player turn up to training one day dellusional after smoking POT. His contract was terminated ON THE SPOT.

If it was a reserve grader, he would have been bannished. :roll:

Do you think the Saints would have terminated Barrett's contract if he was the player?

TRANSLATION

Juniors
dice said:
Stgillaman said:
The Dragons had a player turn up to training one day dellusional after smoking POT. His contract was terminated ON THE SPOT.

Do you think the Saints would have terminated Barrett's contract if he was the player?

Nope.
That's what i was saying in my post later, if your high profile, there are a different set of rules.

Walker at best should be sitting out the season.

super_coach

First Grade
CRIMES ACT 1900 - SECT 60

I don't know what the Queensland equivalent is but I'm sure its pretty similar to NSW. If Chris Walker is found guilty he faces up to 5 yrs in gaol for assaulting an officer and 7rys if this assault caused actual bodily harm.
He might still be a bolter for QLD in 2009...
Regardless of the court's verdict he is an absolute idiot and a dertiment to the game's already tarnished image.
In my d*ckhead 13 he would be captain and on the wing. Now we just need 12 more...

ozzie

Bench
Stgillaman said:
You guys can congradulate the Club all you like. I think the punishment stinks to be honest.

if reports are true that he *allegedly* Struck a FEMALE POLICE OFFICER, then as a Club, the right thing would have been to either stand him down for the rest of the season or Bannish him from the club all together.

10% of his contract is pathetic punishment.

What do you guys think, this is acceptable behaviour, that should be rewarded with a measley fine and alchohol ban ?

Also missing 1 game v the tiger ?

Ridiculous.

Any other club, would have done much more severe damage to mr Walker. Esp in these times.

protected Species, but then again, it all depends on which players at which clubs it is, does'nt it.

and you know a lot - who was the St george player that was terrorizing the Shire disco's and pubs?? People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones - ok!!! Never heard a word from the St Soxs did we...was it swept under the carpet??

And if you think that it my imagination maybe you ought to read the papers from last season - some reporter was going to spill the beans on the player if he didn't desist...

JK

He must be on at least $100,000 as the Telegraph and SMH reported him losing 10K+ as his 10% fine.

_Johnsy

Referee
The facts are:
*edit*
There is not enough evidence to charge anyone.

This does not mean it did not happen, as the head of the investigation stated that *edit*

Kaz

junior
Stgillaman said:

Why should he be sitting out the season. :roll:

He was not a Roosters player at the time. He was a Queensland Player.

The Roosters didn't have to fine him etc.

But they wanted to show to the League community that they would not put up with this sort of thing.

Zoot said:
We Tiger fans have no problem with him being stood down ;-)

With Fitzgibbon out, and now Walker, does this mean ol' Freddy will be goal kicking?

Fitzgibbon (and maybe Wing) should probably be back for the Tigers game and Hegarty could be a chance also, which is a nice replacement for Chris Walker.

Anyhoo, I'm guessing Crocker will be kicking if Fitzy isnt back

TRANSLATION

Juniors
Kaz said:
Stgillaman said:

Why should he be sitting out the season. :roll:

He was not a Roosters player at the time. He was a Queensland Player.

The Roosters didn't have to fine him etc.

But they wanted to show to the League community that they would not put up with this sort of thing.

No Kaz. :roll:

He represents the Roosters, In Qld for a Rep Meeting ( Camp ).

No use twisting it around.

Melon as for you, is that the best you got.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

DJ1

Juniors
To be fair,

I believe that he should be stood down pending the court case. No penalties.

If found guilty he should have his NRL contract torn up.

If found not guilty, obviously no penalties.

Unfortunately fair didn't enter into it with the NRL precedent. So, to be consistent however,

I would expect a very heavy fine on the Roosters for a Rooster player bringing the game into disrepute.

This is a situation where someone has actually been charged with assaulting a police officer .

The evidence which is now coming to light (DPP documents) in the Bulldogs situation clearly shows that a verdict of "Not Guilty" would have been reached if the case had gone to court. All of the aspects which the NRL used to justify the $500K fine were unsubstantiated allegations with the exception of the players wardrobe. The NRL came out and clearly stated that the club is totally responsible for the actions of a player as a player is a paid employee of the club. This line needs to remain consistent or it simply becomes another example of one rule for one club another rule for another.

ozzie

Bench
excuse me - but the player was under the QLD SOO side control - again you are showing your immaturity.

Are club officials suppose to go to the QLD SOO camp too DJ1 & STidiotman - grow up a bit and think before you write...all you are doing is showing your hatred for a good club...something one day you may find out about..

Maybe the Roosters ought to sue the organisers of the camp!!! oh dear me - then that would show you who was in charge of Walker at the time of the offence...

It certainly wasn't the Roosters

ibeme

First Grade
Who's charge would he have been under if he was at home for a family function and got into strife?

ozzie

Bench
His, and again the club would have acted responsibly like they did this time - but this was an official function and camp - different story...even the QLD coaches said the curfew was 1.15am or something like that - does their responsibilty stop there?? NO...he was in camp - sorry but your wrong if you are implying its the Roosters fault..

The Roosters have him on the books sure but sometimes you guys can't see the forrest for the trees -

also what would be your story if it was Mason - would it be the club's fault when he was in the NSW camp??

Supafly

Juniors
melon.... said:
Moffo said:
Roosters should've sacked him, he is bad news

And always will be
Is that why the Dogs are holding onto Mason? Give it a rest Moffo.

You give it a rest. Moffo isn't the Bulldog's management, nor is anyone in here (as far as I know), he's only stating his opinion. Good on the Roosters, still can't stand them though.

Southernsaint

Staff member
ozzie said:
and you know a lot - who was the St george player that was terrorizing the Shire disco's and pubs?? People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones - ok!!! Never heard a word from the St Soxs did we...was it swept under the carpet??

And if you think that it my imagination maybe you ought to read the papers from last season - some reporter was going to spill the beans on the player if he didn't desist...

Ozzie, you've got to stop reading Rebecca Wilson's columns :roll:

Cheers,
Ben S.