What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wallace

chrisD

Coach
Fox Sports stats has Walsh with 17 tackles 4 missed. Was mostly shit like BJ bouncing off him and then running sideways and losing the ball.

Prop rotation B played less minutes but didn't miss a tackle between them.

It was 40/40min split between Kingston/Segs, straight swap, I think from memory at the 25 mark?

franklin2323

Immortal
It was 40/40min split between Kingston/Segs, straight swap, I think from memory at the 25 mark?

Big League Has Kingston 43 mins. Sege 46mins. Which sounds right because Soward went off on with like 5 mins to and they took it in turns in the halves

mxlegend99

Referee
Fox Sports stats has Walsh with 17 tackles 4 missed. Was mostly shit like BJ bouncing off him and then running sideways and losing the ball.

Prop rotation B played less minutes but didn't miss a tackle between them.

Yeah nrlstats have him as:

17 tackles, 1 one on one tackle, 3 ineffective and 3 missed
14 kicks for 435m gained
62 touches for no runs and a try assist

Honestly Luke Walsh could play 5 games and only run the ball the once. Peter Wallace and Jamie Soward look to be a halves pairing that compliments each other well. It's still early days and our team has scored 30 points in the first outing with this halves pairing.

I know it was fortunate that the Knights had a few injuries. But we had plenty of games where we just weren't able to make the most of those sort of opportunities when Luke Walsh was our halfback.

Jamie Soward in his first game for us has already kicked a 40/20 and we've already scored a try from one of his kicks... and he only put in 8 kicks on the weekend. It's great having someone who knows the right kick to put in, and has the accuracy to make it work. Luke Walsh kicked about 2 40/20's in his entire career with us, Soward is half way there in his first game.

chrisD

Coach
Bring in John because he will take the line on or because he won't take the line on and he's otherwise better than Wallace?

I don't think any of them take the line on, I don't think any of them would be any good at it (anymore) either.

Yeah nrlstats have him as:
17 tackles, 1 one on one tackle, 3 ineffective and 3 missed
14 kicks for 435m gained
62 touches for no runs and a try assist
I don't know what he's getting credited with a try assist for. Was it his kick that bounced back for Latimore's?

Panther Pete

Juniors
So look at Wallace's stats from the weekend.

18 tackles, 8 missed. 0 line breaks. 1 hitup. 0 metres. 1 handling error. 16 kicks

Walsh did similar was bagged. Yet certain people say Wallace played well... Sort of proves the point that I would of kept Walsh over Wallace & Walsh was bagged because people didn't like him.

Although their stats may be similar, one thing I didn't see Wallace do was run from sideline to sideline looking for someone to pass the ball to to avoid being tackled. I also didn't see Wallace run with the ball then stop dead in his tracks to avoid being tackled then pass the ball to someone standing flat-footed next to him only for that person to get smashed. If Wallace does that for the next four years, then I will draw comparisons between them.

MaxPower

Juniors
So look at Wallace's stats from the weekend.

18 tackles, 8 missed. 0 line breaks. 1 hitup. 0 metres. 1 handling error. 16 kicks

Walsh did similar was bagged. Yet certain people say Wallace played well... Sort of proves the point that I would of kept Walsh over Wallace & Walsh was bagged because people didn't like him.

I agree. Also, bring back Matt Elliott and Mick Leary, we never would have signed Walsh without those guys. Bring back the scoreboard! Bring back the inept performances. Bring back the spoon!

Randy81

Juniors
Although their stats may be similar, one thing I didn't see Wallace do was run from sideline to sideline looking for someone to pass the ball to to avoid being tackled. I also didn't see Wallace run with the ball then stop dead in his tracks to avoid being tackled then pass the ball to someone standing flat-footed next to him only for that person to get smashed. If Wallace does that for the next four years, then I will draw comparisons between them.

:lol::lol:

Left out getting hooked then smiling on the bench without a care in the world

Pomoz

Bench
This. If Walsh wanted a third party sponsor his management team should look at getting a Private Hospital to advertise on his sleeve. He delivered more hospital passes than the front desk at St Vincents.

darkbloom

Juniors
I agree. Also, bring back Matt Elliott and Mick Leary, we never would have signed Walsh without those guys. Bring back the scoreboard! Bring back the inept performances. Bring back the spoon!

Didn't Gus and Ivan extend Walsh's contract? So I guess we did sign Walsh without those guys.

franklin2323

Immortal
Didn't Gus and Ivan extend Walsh's contract? So I guess we did sign Walsh without those guys.

Yep. On the back of a good pre-season without even taking the field under Ivan. Strange decision that seeing how bad we had been with him in the 7.

franklin2323

Immortal

Ivan and Gus re-signed Walsh a month or so out from the 2012 season. So yes they did. Our attack under Walsh was very 1 dimensional. Defences knew they could rush up. He wouldn't step around them would either kick or pass.

We rightly made the decision to punt him. Although with him in the 7 here given what's around him we make the 8. Though we don't have the x factor we need to beat the best team. The same is the case with Wallace we will make the 8 though need more then 4 runs from our halves a game to go deep into the finals

ACTPanthers

Bench
Ivan and Gus re-signed Walsh a month or so out from the 2012 season. So yes they did. Our attack under Walsh was very 1 dimensional. Defences knew they could rush up. He wouldn't step around them would either kick or pass.

We rightly made the decision to punt him. Although with him in the 7 here given what's around him we make the 8. Though we don't have the x factor we need to beat the best team. The same is the case with Wallace we will make the 8 though need more then 4 runs from our halves a game to go deep into the finals

Ha ha ha ha great joke....

chrisD

Coach
Walsh (and Coote) took the 2010 team which is not as good as our current team to the finals.