What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Walmsley to sign - Possm take a bow!

possm

Coach
If he has / does sign with the Dragons we will have a very good rotation in the front row . The man would need a season to acclimatise himself to the N.R.L. But in his second year he would , imo be a very potent force to reckon with .

He would have a slight reduction in weight and his fitness would be the best it's ever been after getting into some hard training . Also by next year we may have the joint venture in more capable hands so with the addition of Whamlsley there may only be one other forward required .

Therefore allowing recruitment to concentrate on a couple of class outside backs / finishers , not forgetting of course our own juniors whom shall make up one hell of a team .
Very good post. I've always thought that 2018 is the best season to bring Walmsley to the Dragons mainly because:

1. We have enough space in our cap to do so.
2. He would have a season under his belt and be therefore more effective sooner.
3. We have a cap advantage in 2018 and might night retain this advantage for 2019.
4. Although our young props Lawrie, Kerr and possibly others are still developing in 2018, they should be ready to step into a vancant prop position in 2019.

kit66

Bench
He is highly rated better than Burgess and will sign with the Dragons 750.000 .At the age of 27 and plenty of experience that is what we need size and hands and speed plus a english international thats hungry for success in the nrl and a premiership on top with his good mates widdop and graham

Give me 750,000 I'll head to Canberra and come back with Josh Papali and Shannon Boyd to put on the bench for 2019.

I don't blame Walmsley for taking advantage of the feeding frenzy whipped up by the media and trying to get top dollar, he'd have to spend quite a chunk of it to set up shop in Aus for a couple of years if he brings the family. Not sure I'd want us rushing to sign him for big bucks, I'd rather we hold off until we see how our young forwards go this year. Having said that, I thing he'd do OK over here, would be a handy pick up for any team.

Last edited:

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Very good post. I've always thought that 2018 is the best season to bring Walmsley to the Dragons mainly because:

2. He would have a season under his belt and be therefore more effective sooner.
3. We have a cap advantage in 2018 and might night retain this advantage for 2019.
4. Although our young props Lawrie, Kerr and possibly others are still developing in 2018, they should be ready to step into a vancant prop position in 2019.

You can desist speculating about Walmsley, he isn't coming.

possm

Coach
Walmsley's price inflated by the rumours he was coming to the Dragons. Fans and myself all excited at the prospect of having a prop rotation second to none. If Walmsley was never coming, Millward could have shut down those rumours however, if there was a possibility he might be signed, then Millward has failed to capature a prop rotation like none other in the NRL competition.

On reflection I now believe he was never coming and the whole rumour was created to build up his price at St Helens.

Crush

Coach
Walmsley's price inflated by the rumours he was coming to the Dragons. Fans and myself all excited at the prospect of having a prop rotation second to none. If Walmsley was never coming, Millward could have shut down those rumours however, if there was a possibility he might be signed, then Millward has failed to capature a prop rotation like none other in the NRL competition.

On reflection I now believe he was never coming and the whole rumour was created to build up his price at St Helens.
Not to worry Possm, it kept the forum active for the whole off-season. Now bring on the footy!!!

Pablooo

Juniors
I wouldn’t be too dismayed about not getting Walmsley. You already have a strong prop rotation with backrowers who can also hold the middle and play a middle forward role. What you should be spending money on are outside backs. A highly rated attacking centre or winger would complete your starting thirteen and provide much better value than another prop.

possm

Coach
I wouldn’t be too dismayed about not getting Walmsley. You already have a strong prop rotation with backrowers who can also hold the middle and play a middle forward role. What you should be spending money on are outside backs. A highly rated attacking centre or winger would complete your starting thirteen and provide much better value than another prop.
Interesting proposition - sign a top line centre or winger. Please give me a hint on who in our current backline would you drop given the fact that Aitken, Lafai, Nightingale, Mann and Dufty had all had their contracts extended for the next few years. Surely, given that they all played first grade games last season and all except for Dufty did not play in the Cutters line-up last season, the player you nominate to be dropped for a new top line centre or winger, should never have been extended.

dragonssamy61

First Grade

Give up possm he is staying in England lol

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade

That last paragraph, where have I have I heard that before?

dragonssamy61

First Grade
He is highly rated better than Burgess and will sign with the Dragons 750.000 .At the age of 27 and plenty of experience that is what we need size and hands and speed plus a english international thats hungry for success in the nrl and a premiership on top with his good mates widdop and graham

Lol

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Interesting proposition - sign a top line centre or winger. Please give me a hint on who in our current backline would you drop given the fact that Aitken, Lafai, Nightingale, Mann and Dufty had all had their contracts extended for the next few years. Surely, given that they all played first grade games last season and all except for Dufty did not play in the Cutters line-up last season, the player you nominate to be dropped for a new top line centre or winger, should never have been extended.

It should be pretty bloody clear that MacDonald is the weakest link, and should've been punted at the end of last year.

Old Timer

Coach
The depth of your research and quality of your inside information knows no boundaries
Keep up the good work scoop