What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wants for sequel (Short guide)

First and formost for me is better positional play, the game has to feel more like rugby league before you start asking for extras. ie Hookers that stay at dummy half, half backs that get into first reciever 5/8's that get into second reciever, fullbacks that join the line to create overlaps, wingers that hold their wing. The positional play of forwards is pretty good in the current game though.

shaggy

Juniors
copying on what is done in nba 05 in which u move players using the annalogue sticks & the direction buttons sets up options, eg sqaure & left grubber, square * right cross field kick

2 being able 2 move players on the field 2 diffrent positions

Monkey

Juniors
Ok, my second is intelligent players.

People have suggested gettin other players to run angles etc. but i'd like to see this depend on player fitness, ability, morale etc, especially in season mode.

So basically if you were halifax 2 years ago, your players wouldnt be running many angles at all :D

Goleel

Juniors
A better short kicking game so you can utilise grubbers and bombs more effectively, and a smoother passing engine, say like Rugby 2001 where the players have markers underneath them and you tap the pass button that many times to get the ball to the exact man you want.

Corbin

Juniors
A better short kicking game so you can utilise grubbers and bombs more effectively, and a smoother passing engine, say like Rugby 2001 where the players have markers underneath them and you tap the pass button that many times to get the ball to the exact man you want.

Yep on money! :clap:

it would solve the problem with passing it too the wrong player

strong_latte

Juniors
Classic matches of some of the more famous SOO matches and GF's.

More varied and realistic animations for everything from running to try scoring

Realistic fatigue (ie: a fit team will almost always keep getting back the 10, but a team with lower fitness starts to struggle getting players back on side after long matches).

Dr Crane

Live Update Team

Very rarely in the first game the only time i ever scored off the grubber was when i'd broken the line and a kicked ahead to try to avoid the fullback.

Otherwise i only got goal line dropouts off them, and that was if i managed to get the kick away.

Kris_man

Bench
most important thing is to get rid of the "bugs" from Rugby League 1, which were:

1) you can get tackled while diving. to me, this seems silly.
2) there is no "place the ball" option when grounding the ball, so now and then a player will dive over the in-goal line, instead of just placing the ball for a try.
3) after momentum carries an attacker forward, the defence (apart from the markers) is always offside.
4) penalties for high tackles even when i don't press R1 for "aggressive tackle".
5) a short kick-off from a dropout always results in a penalty to the kicking team.
6) Kick-offs go out the sideline far too often.
7) It's far too easy to score off a scrum.
8] Passes to a player who is standing still (very annoying)

girvie

Staff member
* Bigger International/State of origin squads. eg 20+ rather than 17 players.

* As many international teams as possible

* More realistic stats. eg hit ups dont always register.

* North Sydney Oval to be included [-o<

strong_latte

Juniors
Kris_man said:
most important thing is to get rid of the "bugs" from Rugby League 1, which were:

1) you can get tackled while diving. to me, this seems silly.
2) there is no "place the ball" option when grounding the ball, so now and then a player will dive over the in-goal line, instead of just placing the ball for a try.
3) after momentum carries an attacker forward, the defence (apart from the markers) is always offside.
4) penalties for high tackles even when i don't press R1 for "aggressive tackle".
5) a short kick-off from a dropout always results in a penalty to the kicking team.
6) Kick-offs go out the sideline far too often.
7) It's far too easy to score off a scrum.
8] Passes to a player who is standing still (very annoying)

From what I've heard all these things have been fixed
The passing system has been given particular attention to and completey revamped! Don't ask how I know

Moffo

Referee
I liked the matrix system. Keep that

What they need to fix up

1) Grubbers and bombs. Shit setup on the first version, please fix it

2) Sinbins/sendoffs. I had no idea what was going on. Why does the game stop when a player comes back on after the sinbin?

3) Needs ballboys

4) Wider field. It was hard to split them in the first version unless you went wide

5) Wingers in the middle of the field making all the tackles. That sucked as well

6) Better stats. I want to be able to see the stats at any time!

7) No bugs such as when the player runs into the crowd to chase the ball when they kick it out :lol:

NZtiger

Juniors
* Players/Team confidence Levels (effects your teams game-play)
* The ability to 'hold down in the tackle' to try slow the play-the-balls, and an opposite play for the attacker to speed up the play-the-ball (conflicting plays can create penalties)
* More emphasis on FINALS games (Logos on field, always bigger crowds, different things said in Voss' commentary, clips of celebrations at the end of GF)
* well structured and competitive Franchise Mode (Hard to get hold of STAR players, emphasis on building up and coming players)
* Improved Stats

I think I've mentioned these quite a bit :?