What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WARL Results

fieldo

Juniors
The suspension system is flawed.

They have the same points allocated for offences as the NRL who have more skillful players, better technology (we are relying on one camera), 24 games a year, and better referees.

They then load the charges up after that for any similar offence in the last twelve months by 50% and any offence by 20% (all offences not just the last one).

A player goes in the tribunial for an offence that looks minor on video and because he may have a previous he is slammed with that and ends out walking out with 2-4 game suspensions.

The players are on a beating to nothing.

Its a shame as it is turning players into monsters when they are not.And it is also turning players away from our game.

Now I am all for getting rid of the thugs in this game (we have very few) but this is capturing the minor incidents and blowing them out of all proportion.

I understand the WARL are going to look at it now but this was mentioned to them in may this year that the system was flawed, the NRL have relised it too and the AFL who have also taken the system on are also reviewing it.

The problem I have is not with the initial points but the loading.....it just never goes away ......you can not serve the time for the crime....you are serving the time for all the crimes you have done in the last twelve months.

fieldo

Juniors
First grade Tooheys Cup Results

Joondalup beat Kalgoorlie
South Perth beat Sharks
Fremantle lost to North Beach
Willagee bye

fieldo

Juniors
Sharks will be there and I believe after the weekends resultd Freo may have a half decent side......mind you the Sharks were like in another world and played terrible. 28-22 Sharks

joondalup_giant

Staff member
Round 4

North Beach 40 - Rockingham 24
Fremantle 76 - Kalgoorlie 36
Joondalup 52 - Willagee 22
South Perth - Bye

Pos Team Pld Pts
1 South Perth 3 8
2 North Beach 4 6
3 Rockingham 4 4
4 Fremantle 3 4
5 Willagee 3 4
6 Joondalup 4 4
7 Kalgoorlie 3 2

Perth Tiger

Bench
How are the Kalgoorlie team going? If Freo are putting 76 points on them i'd imagine it is going to be a long year for them or have freo improved alot?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Looks dead set for a Nth Beach v Sths final. There seems to be a growing gulf between teams which is a bit of a worry. Noticed Easts advertising in RLWeekly for players to come over. Maybe a way of strengthening some of the weaker teams. Would a draft work?

On the plus side a Nth BeachvSths final will be close and high skill level and at MES so should be a great day out

Latest posts