What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WARL Results

joondalup_giant

Staff member
http://www.sportingpulse.com.au/clu...7@@Joondalup Giants@19854@@@11@@1@&sID=43

Thanks for the display of sportsmanship Sharks

Last weekend saw the Giants under 18 team take on the Sharks at Dowling Reserve Rockingham.
With only 8 fit players making the trip, under 16's injured player Travis Brown made an early return from a serious knee injury in order to make up the minimum required number of players to allow the game to be played.

With what is seen as a most sporting jesture by the Sharks Coach, George Napa, the Giants were only ever playing against 10-11 players at any one time. Although the Sharks had 16 players available and were well entitled to field a full side, the extra players were regularly rotated from the bench.

This great show of sportsmanship, typical of the Sharks, should be an inspiration to all other clubs and team coaches and would ensure that Rugby League only gets stronger for it.

Once again, a big thank you to the Sharks in what made for a truly exciting game which went right down to the wire, the Giants managed to hang on for a two point win ( 36-38 ), with huge efforts put in by all the players that turned up.

A great game by Jeremy Browne who opened the scoring with a great one on one steal, Daniel Sneddon tore into the opposition with his pace and agility.Both of these players fighting aff a bad bout of the flu.

The two Adams (Smith and Perttula), Jason Tuitama and John Lovi were their ever reliable selves with strong tackles and equally strong hitups. I still don't know how Adam Perttula keeps getting up after some pretty savage tackles.
Adam Smith worked out the only way to get a well earned 10 minute spell on the bench would be for the Referee (thanks Mike!) to give it to him.

Kali Takapu put in a big effort after sustaining a knee injury early in the first half and not only managed to stay on the field, but carried out his role in defence and attack whilst in obvious pain.
Travis played as if he hadn't missed a game and his eagerness to make a comeback this season was evident.
(much to his mothers dismay, lucky she wasn't there to stop him running on!)
Beau Hookham proved the difference in the end, with his outstanding kicking skills.

SalfordRedsWA

Juniors
Giant
Im in Perth and would like to know when the Swan Brewery Cup starts again this year.
BTW I am an owner of Brett Clarke's 2001 Joondalup GF jersey! :D

Nuke

Staff member
Salfordcityred said:
I am an owner of Brett Clarke's 2001 Joondalup GF jersey! :D
How'd you end up with that, SalfordCityRed? You know Clarkey?

I can also narrow down when the season starts.
Pre-season: 2nd April
Season proper: 30th April (Round 2 is the same weekend as the Sharks-Warriors game).
Not that I'm being picky, Fieldo!

SalfordRedsWA

Juniors
He had it on ebay and I won it, its now in my prized collection. Hope to get the 2005 jersey when Paul has them in and maybe even tempted to get a numberplate!! :shock: :mrgreen:

Nuke

Staff member
Salfordcityred said:
He had it on ebay
That sounds like Clarkey all right! He's always buying League jerseys from all over the world via ebay!

I take it you managed to get an order for a Giants jersey then? I'm glad, especially given that I didn't know if it was even possible!

fieldo

Juniors
This weekends predictions April 16th

Armadale to beat Joondalup easily
Sharks to just edge out Norths
Souths to add to Fremantle's woes.

Next weekends competition games

Souths to beat Armadale
Norths to beat Joondalup
Sharks to beat Fremantle

joondalup_giant

Staff member
Once again it will be a 2 horse race in the WARL South Perth - North Beach then the rest.
Same as previous years.
[armidale] will do OK will they are injury free but will struggle against the 2 top sides.

Joodalup just do not have the numbers will only field 1 side, they should be in premier grade not first grade.

Fremantle like the gaints lack depth and some quality players- will struggle

Sharks will have success againts the gaints & freo will struggle with the size of the warriors Not in the same league as North Beach / South Perth.
Top 4
South Perth
North Beach
Warriors
Sharks
The numbers in the 18'S do not look good either, not sure what sort of competion this will be Sharks will have a good side along with the gaints . NORTH Beach & SOUTH Perth are still short of players and eastern districts should have a side I hope.

Mick

Nuke

Staff member
There are no games next weekend (the ANZAC Day long weekend), and Round 1 kicks off the following weekend - April 30th.

Joondalup host North Beach at Admiral Reserve in Heathridge in that first weekend of the season.

I don't know what the other fixtures are.

fieldo

Juniors
Norths are going to be hard to beat....just alot of speed and have been together some of those guys for a while.

Souths will be strong but I believe beatable.

Armadale will self destruct once they have to play the top teams every week....first two games vs Norths and Souths. Teams that follow Armadale in the draw will win a few if they are any good as that team will be suffering injury from the bruising game that Armadale play.

Sharks have a belief problem but have some good players if they can get them out on the field together...have a huge injury list already

Fremantle are an unknown quality but will need to get people to training first before they can win.

Joondalup went alright against armadale for 2 thirds of the match...10 6 at half time was the score I think....no team has done that except Norths.

I don't think its clear cut yet.

joondalup_giant

Staff member
This weeks representitive fixture, Sunday 24 April 2005 at Centenary Park, Belmont

9.00am
Under 11 North v South Field 2
Under 12 North v South Field 1

10.00am
Under 13 North v South Field 2
Under 14 North v South Field 1

11.10am
Under 15 North v South Field 1

12.20pm
Under 16 North v South Field 1

1.40pm
Under 18 Perth City v Perth Kiwi Field 1

3.00pm
Ladies Perth City v perth Kiwi Field 1

Goldthorpe

Bench
First Grade Perth Kiwi & Perth City sides for their curtain raiser match prior to the Cronulla Sharks and New Zealand Warriors Fixture at Members Equity Stadium on Saturday May 7.

2005 Perth Kiwi Squad
1. Paratene Waikari (Armadale Warriors)
2. Heke Bayne (Fremantle Roosters)
3. Shannon Apaapa (North Beach Sea Eagles)
4. Dave Tito (Rockingham)
5. Santana Touro (Joondalup Giants)
6. Jason Bishop (Armadale Warriors)
7. Jon Livingstone (North Beach Sea Eagles)
8. Frank Ah Kuoi (Armadale Warriors)
9. Lui Talamaivoa (South Perth Lions)
10. James Blake (North Beach Sea Eagles)
11. Shannon Smith (North Beach Sea Eagles)
12. Vinnie Rawiri (Armadale Warriors)
13. Richard Nikorama (North Beach Sea Eagles)
14. Justin Paul (Armadale Warriors)
15. Michael Purcell (Fremantle Roosters)
16. Jerry Toopi (Armadale Warriors)
17. Reno Burkhardt (South Perth Lions)
18. Barry Masters (Rockingham)
19. Eddie La’ulu (North Beach Sea Eagles)
20. John Toelupe (Rockingham)
21. Pikari Tewara (South Perth Lions)
22. Craig Joyce (Armadale Warriors)
23. Marty Edmunds (South Perth Lions)
24. Mel McEnteer (Fremantle Roosters)
Coach: Justin Nixon

2005 Perth City Squad
1. Marty Collis (South Perth)
2. Jason Godecke (North Beach)
3. David Neville (South Perth)
4. Mick Kestel (North Beach)
5. Dave Wilmot (Rockingham)
6. Craig Phillis (North Beach)
7. Glen Godecke (North Beach)
8. Andrew Herbert (North Beach)
9. Shane Brook (South Perth)
10. Matt South (South Perth)
11. Jamie Watt (Rockingham)
12. Daniel Green (South Perth)
13. Jon Phipps (South Perth)
14. Simon Smith (Fremantle)
15. Brad McEwen (Joondalup)
16. Shane Totten (Rockingham)
17. Damian Hodge (Armadale Warriors)
18. Robert Mathews (Rockingham)
19. Matt Jones (North Beach)
20. Daniel Tuckerman (North Beach)
Coach Daniel Bucknell

Nuke

Staff member
Should be a good game.

I'm still disappointed the WARL changed it's mind 2 weeks ago regarding the Joondalup-Fremantle game being the curtain-raiser. It WAS to be that game, but they changed it to the Perth City vs. Perth Kiwis (almost) at the last minute.

I reckon it would've been great fun running around in front of about 20,000 people, but it's not to be.

PS: I say 20,000 people because I believe it will be a full-house, and that many people should be there towards the end of the curtain-raiser.

fieldo

Juniors
Shame for Joondalup that they will not be playing at the Warriors vs Sharks game but this probably gives more players/clubs exposure.

I am not sorry Fremantle wont be there...

I hope the Sharks thrash them on Saturday Night at Dowling.....shame I wont be there to see it.

joondalup_giant

Staff member
http://www.sportingpulse.com.au/clu...=DETAIL&articleID=123500&sectionID=45

Results on sundays Perth Kiwi vs Perth City U/18's game.

The Annual Perth City V Perth Kiwis clash was held at Belmont on Sunday 24 April, which saw the Perth Kiwis run out winners 42 - 32.
This was a great contest with 11 players representing the Mighty Giants in this match. The game was played at a fast pace with both sides prepared to throw the ball around at will.

The Kiwis got off to a great start with a knock on from the kick off, which saw the Kiwis cross for the first try of the match. Perth City hit straight back with a nicely weighted kick from half Paul Bates into the waiting arms of North Beach winger Sean Raines. The first half was almost try for try with Perth Kiwis going to the break leading 20 - 18.

The second half started like the first with the Kiwis scoring in the first few minutes of the restart. Perth city never really gained the upper hand in the second half, but with 5 minutes remaining 2 quick tries to the city boys got them to within 4 points of the Kiwis with the scores at 36 - 32. The Kiwis 5/8 Giant, Jeremy Browne sent a beautiful pass to centre Jesse Eiao who scored in the corner to seal the victory for the Kiwis, Jesse converted his own try to take the final score to Perth Kiwis 42 Perth City 32.
A big thanks to Paul - Sports Trainer Tony - Running the water Brad - for doing a great warm up and of course the players from both sides for putting on such a fantastic display of rugby league.

Man of the Match for Perth City was Chris Clark from Rockingham
Man of the Match for the Perth Kiwis was Jeremy Browne from the Mighty Giants.

fieldo

Juniors
Round 1 results

Sharks beat Fremantle
Souths Thrashed Armadale...welcome to first grade
Norths beat Joondalup

Goldthorpe

Bench
fieldo said:
Round 1 results
Souths Thrashed Armadale...welcome to first grade

Yeah wasn't a good day for the First Grade Warriors, they finished the game with 12 men, 5 players suffered injuries. But they where still in the game about 10 mins after Half Time with the score 20-12, then South Perth's turbo whistled into gear.

I found it amusing that the South Perth coaching staff using walkie talkie's............... :roll: