What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WARL site under redevelopment!

nswred10

Juniors
Well maybe it was worth the wait.... Its as good as any NSW webistes. I would presume they would work on a limited budget compared to here...

albert

Juniors
Does any one ever have anything positive to say over in Perth? Seems like you guys spend all day bagging people out!! Hmm wonder why the game doesn't take off over there..

Who the hell are you? We have always wanted a team in the NRL! I am positive that in the future we will have a team in the NRL.Thisforum is dedicated to the people of W.A. and we stand behind the future of the game.
We have a team in the Bunderberg Cup although we a not travelling that well at the moment at least we are getting our name out there.

Western_Eel

Juniors
Does any one ever have anything positive to say over in Perth? Seems like you guys spend all day bagging people out!! Hmm wonder why the game doesn't take off over there..
Your an idiot mate, obviously we are just making fun of creators of the website not the actual club! The reds are moving very strong with the support they are getting with there fans, but obviously they are not getting the result on the, but it will come in the coming weeks, were not making fun at that, Just the website!

Nicolas Hart

Juniors

You should probably reserve your comments for issues you're educated on.

Additionally, criticism is a necessary component of any assessment of an organisation which is developing towards a higher performance; especially with an NRL bid which will ultimately generate greater interest in the WARL.

Nicolas Hart

Juniors
whats up with the great britain lion on the footy in the top right corner of the page!!!!

I thought the same thing.

The webpage, while it looks much better, still has the same basic information.

Until it is updated, with a greater breadth of information; it'll still only serve its basic limited function.

It barely educates external constituents of rugby league about it's operations, about it's departments, about coaching and refereeing development; about athlete developmental pathways, and so forth.

Painfully basic, in my opinion.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Looks a lot more professional and easier to find the critical info re the leagues. The true value of a website though is in keeping people coming back to it. That can only be done with regular news , game reviews, previews etc. All the WARL clubs have a role to play in that by sending in stories to the WARL every week then the WARL need to make sure they keep the website updated. Some video highlights from games on a Monday would also be an easy thing to do.

nswred10

Juniors
Mate this idiot as you put is very well versed in the comings and goings in rugby league WA. May well be support from a far but would love to see the game develop in the west. People always find it easy to criticise the work people put in for little or no reward. Lets just hope the NRL dream becomes a reality...

Perth Red

Post Whore
well said. It's an improvement and as long as we keep improving then we are heading in the right direction.

Nicolas Hart

Juniors
People always find it easy to criticise the work people put in for little or no reward.

So, we should only ever criticise decisions on the basis that the people making them are receiving a reward?

I'd much rather judge a decision based on its merits.

Smithtown

Coach
As with all information websites, content is king.

The new improved WARL website provides no updates past Round 5, a current Tooheys Cup ladder at Round 6 (R8 is completed), no hint of any ladders or info for Reserve Grade, 3rd Grade, Ladies or Juniors. But it does look better so well done.

The above isn't criticism, just info that should really be on the website. I miss the old 'Reserved Grade' section for obvious reasons.

Not to mention the British footballs and Rugby Union pics!! (Obviously some young Pom has googled these and passed them off as good enough). As Nicholas Hart said, pretty funny but also very amateurish from the website designer.

black and gold

Juniors
As with all information websites, content is king.

The new improved WARL website provides no updates past Round 5, a current Tooheys Cup ladder at Round 6 (R8 is completed), no hint of any ladders or info for Reserve Grade, 3rd Grade, Ladies or Juniors. But it does look better so well done.

The above isn't criticism, just info that should really be on the website. I miss the old 'Reserved Grade' section for obvious reasons.

Not to mention the British footballs and Rugby Union pics!! (Obviously some young Pom has googled these and passed them off as good enough). As Nicholas Hart said, pretty funny but also very amateurish from the website designer.
there is a very serious reason the latest results are not been updated. Operations manager Val Murphy is not to well in hospital. he looks after the website. i would like to send Val my best wishes and a quick recovery

Nicolas Hart

Juniors
there is a very serious reason the latest results are not been updated. Operations manager Val Murphy is not to well in hospital. he looks after the website. i would like to send Val my best wishes and a quick recovery

This was discussed via the WA Reds Newsletter emailed out to members and external parties.

It doesn't excuse the problem.

In any company - when someone has annual leave, or in this case, is rather sick - another person in that company is directed to cover their duties. Updating the webpage is one such duty which might take ten minutes per day (or one hour each week) to ensure it's progression and maintenance.

I, like all of us aware of Val's condition; wish him good health and a speedy recovery.

This does not, however, negate the fact that the remaining staff should be able to keep it updated. It also does not explain the severe lack of information which has always been deficient on the webpage over the past 3 years. It does not explain their lack of ability to check email communications and provide a written response. It does not explain their lack of communication - period. That is their largest fault is poor communication, and poor dissemination of information ... which in the business world would be one of the most important factors for successful enterprise.

The person(s) charged with redesigning and uploading the new webpage - for example - should have created the new design, with all information updated, PRIOR to uploading it to the server, so that there would be no downtime at all. Rather, it went down mid-season for almost two weeks.

I think those of us frustrated with issues such as this, are more annoyed with the amatuerish processes employed by the entire organisation. I don't think ANY of us are personalising this to Val, or to anyone else. The purpose of an organisation is to work as a cohesive team to achieve a goal, and that is what we're all expecting.

I am not saying the people working for the company are not capable. Most of them have a far greater experience than I, in the realm of business and sporting administration. However, I won't sit back and remain silent over some of the routine issues that are constantly arising, which are providing those external to the WARL with a poor view of it. Too many people sit back in silence, because they don't want to be the "messenger", fearful of some form of retribution; or because they're simply too gutless to speak up; which becomes tiresome in its own right.

Progress won't occur without pressure.
Pressure won't be applied without accountability.

Last edited:

nswred10

Juniors
With the 1000 word response I'd say to have so much time on your hands you must be either a school teacher or a uni student?? It can be a frustrating hobby Rugby League wheather your a PLAYER?? or administrator. Mate I reckon there are far more important issues in the world than a website or lack of? Maybe if The REDS / WARL deveoted more time to there website than trying to recruit members / sponsors / fly a team across the country every second week and respond to every piece of coorespondance that lands on the mat they'd stand more chance of getting and NRL side do you think!!!?? The WARL probably needs articlulate people like your self, people with vision. Mate from what I have seen of the Reds when they travel to Sydney apart from their results they are a very professional club that has certainly turned a few heads in Sydney. They should be comended for their efforts.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Nic's a student, he he.

He does have a point but I also agree that in the grand scheme of things a website is a minor issue. However as a main articultaion of the organisation and the comp here in WA it should be accurate and up to date, especially atthe time of its relaunch and after being off line for 2 weeks.

Totally agree about the way the Reds are being run. We may not be getting results on teh filed but for a Bundy cup level team they are a very professional outfit on teh whole.

Latest posts