What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WARL site under redevelopment!

joondalup_giant

Staff member
surely there's some1 who could keep it up 2 date on a regular basis. I bet if they advertised in the red's newsletter 4 some1 2 do it (as a love job ofcourse) they'd find some1 with the time

Last edited:

black and gold

Juniors
This was discussed via the WA Reds Newsletter emailed out to members and external parties.

It doesn't excuse the problem.

In any company - when someone has annual leave, or in this case, is rather sick - another person in that company is directed to cover their duties. Updating the webpage is one such duty which might take ten minutes per day (or one hour each week) to ensure it's progression and maintenance.

I, like all of us aware of Val's condition; wish him good health and a speedy recovery.

This does not, however, negate the fact that the remaining staff should be able to keep it updated. It also does not explain the severe lack of information which has always been deficient on the webpage over the past 3 years. It does not explain their lack of ability to check email communications and provide a written response. It does not explain their lack of communication - period. That is their largest fault is poor communication, and poor dissemination of information ... which in the business world would be one of the most important factors for successful enterprise.

The person(s) charged with redesigning and uploading the new webpage - for example - should have created the new design, with all information updated, PRIOR to uploading it to the server, so that there would be no downtime at all. Rather, it went down mid-season for almost two weeks.

I think those of us frustrated with issues such as this, are more annoyed with the amatuerish processes employed by the entire organisation. I don't think ANY of us are personalising this to Val, or to anyone else. The purpose of an organisation is to work as a cohesive team to achieve a goal, and that is what we're all expecting.

I am not saying the people working for the company are not capable. Most of them have a far greater experience than I, in the realm of business and sporting administration. However, I won't sit back and remain silent over some of the routine issues that are constantly arising, which are providing those external to the WARL with a poor view of it. Too many people sit back in silence, because they don't want to be the "messenger", fearful of some form of retribution; or because they're simply too gutless to speak up; which becomes tiresome in its own right.

Progress won't occur without pressure.
Pressure won't be applied without accountability.
you have just proved that you are heartless bastard and have not a clue about much at all.if your so keen to get a web site up to date, get of your ass and get in there and do it yourself.the rugby league community dosent need whinging pricks like you.get a life

joondalup_giant

Staff member
you have just proved that you are heartless bastard and have not a clue about much at all.if your so keen to get a web site up to date, get of your ass and get in there and do it yourself.the rugby league community dosent need whinging pricks like you.get a life

Explain to us all how nicolas harts comments are "heartless"? they might come across aas a bit rough but they are reality.

As i posted previuosly if the WARL advertised for some1 to help out with the website im sure they would find someone.

Nicolas Hart

Juniors
With the 1000 word response I'd say to have so much time on your hands you must be either a school teacher or a uni student?? It can be a frustrating hobby Rugby League wheather your a PLAYER?? or administrator. Mate I reckon there are far more important issues in the world than a website or lack of? Maybe if The REDS / WARL deveoted more time to there website than trying to recruit members / sponsors / fly a team across the country every second week and respond to every piece of coorespondance that lands on the mat they'd stand more chance of getting and NRL side do you think!!!?? The WARL probably needs articlulate people like your self, people with vision. Mate from what I have seen of the Reds when they travel to Sydney apart from their results they are a very professional club that has certainly turned a few heads in Sydney. They should be comended for their efforts.

I don't see how the length of the post translates to having too much time on my hands. It only took about 3 minutes to write.

I am aware of the fact that there are greater issues in this world than a webpage. I was using the webpage as an example or representation of the wider picture.

I want to make it clear that I was discussing the whole operations of the WARL, and not the WA Reds. I have a tonne of respect for the players and administration for the way they are handling the WA Reds - though you must remember this club is a division of the WARL within a wider community of the governing body as a whole.

I'm already working with a few people in relation to the WA Reds. The WARL as a whole are very internal / inward, so it's difficult to offer them direct assistance in that circumstance.

Nicolas Hart

Juniors

I would like to also ask you to explain yourself.

Everything that I have written has been conveyed by other individuals, in addition to my own thoughts. It is a culmination of a wide variety of opinion. It was all written in good taste, and while may have seemed blunt, was still expressed respectfully.

Clearly you are involved in some capacity within the league, purely based on your continual over-emotional, and over-exaggerated responses to multiple people on this forum, when the decisions and behaviour of the WARL come in to question.

I actually think it is the people who sit on their laurels - such as yourself - that are the detrimental species in all of this. Complacency and mediocrity is what will create instability. If you cannot take criticism, and if you will not open yourself up to other suggestions and alternatives; you should not be in any position to make decisions.

TooheysNew

Coach
Sorry, but I can't take anyone seriously who posts pictures of themselves in their undies on the internet, much less a rugby league forum full of blokes. :lol:

Smithtown

Coach
I want to make it clear that I was discussing the whole operations of the WARL, and not the WA Reds. I have a tonne of respect for the players and administration for the way they are handling the WA Reds - though you must remember this club is a division of the WARL within a wider community of the governing body as a whole

I think you've stumbled across the answer Nicolas. Time, effort, money, resources etc... are all being spent more towards the Reds and obviously something has to suffer - that being the WARL comp. This is a shame because it is looming as the best WARL comp for many years.

Directing these resources to the Reds is totally understandable, and if an NRL team ever starts to take shape then the WARL resources would be further stretched beyond breaking point.

Other than that, your comments are spot on.

Last edited:

Smithtown

Coach
Sorry, but I can't take anyone seriously who posts pictures of themselves in their undies on the internet, much less a rugby league forum full of blokes. :lol:

FMD - what are you doing here Coby:D

You do make a fair point

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
I think you are bang out of order B&G! Nothing in that post suggests anything of the like. There is not many of WA RL fans on here, we certainly don't need you creating ill feeling in the small community we do have!

Nicolas Hart

Juniors

Haha. You love it mate. FYI: they're normal shorts, nothing sinister!

I just don't believe in hiding behind fake names and persona's , that's all!

black and gold

Juniors
I would like to also ask you to explain yourself.

Everything that I have written has been conveyed by other individuals, in addition to my own thoughts. It is a culmination of a wide variety of opinion. It was all written in good taste, and while may have seemed blunt, was still expressed respectfully.

Clearly you are involved in some capacity within the league, purely based on your continual over-emotional, and over-exaggerated responses to multiple people on this forum, when the decisions and behaviour of the WARL come in to question.

I actually think it is the people who sit on their laurels - such as yourself - that are the detrimental species in all of this. Complacency and mediocrity is what will create instability. If you cannot take criticism, and if you will not open yourself up to other suggestions and alternatives; you should not be in any position to make decisions.
i wasnt taking any critisisim from you. i was referring to your comments about a website not been up to your satasfaction, when the operations manager and life member of the warl is very unwell in hospital and you bag him for not having the website up to date. well this is bullsh*t. you need to pull your head in and apoligise to him and all of the warl community for your comments about this web site been a prioity. people to who i spoke to today took offence to your reasoning when a freind is not well in hospital. you are a young person who has had limited life experiences and you immurturity could i suppose be an excuse for your unrealistic opinions and comments.please try not to use to many big words in your next post as for most of the readers who have been out in the workforce before you were born dont really give a sh*t about this uni student jargon just write it in plain english. p.s change the photo, we cant take a bloke posing in his underwear serious at all.

joondalup_giant

Staff member
This was discussed via the WA Reds Newsletter emailed out to members and external parties.

It doesn't excuse the problem.

In any company - when someone has annual leave, or in this case, is rather sick - another person in that company is directed to cover their duties. Updating the webpage is one such duty which might take ten minutes per day (or one hour each week) to ensure it's progression and maintenance.

I, like all of us aware of Val's condition; wish him good health and a speedy recovery.

This does not, however, negate the fact that the remaining staff should be able to keep it updated. It also does not explain the severe lack of information which has always been deficient on the webpage over the past 3 years. It does not explain their lack of ability to check email communications and provide a written response. It does not explain their lack of communication - period. That is their largest fault is poor communication, and poor dissemination of information ... which in the business world would be one of the most important factors for successful enterprise.

The person(s) charged with redesigning and uploading the new webpage - for example - should have created the new design, with all information updated, PRIOR to uploading it to the server, so that there would be no downtime at all. Rather, it went down mid-season for almost two weeks.

I think those of us frustrated with issues such as this, are more annoyed with the amatuerish processes employed by the entire organisation. I don't think ANY of us are personalising this to Val, or to anyone else. The purpose of an organisation is to work as a cohesive team to achieve a goal, and that is what we're all expecting.

I am not saying the people working for the company are not capable. Most of them have a far greater experience than I, in the realm of business and sporting administration. However, I won't sit back and remain silent over some of the routine issues that are constantly arising, which are providing those external to the WARL with a poor view of it. Too many people sit back in silence, because they don't want to be the "messenger", fearful of some form of retribution; or because they're simply too gutless to speak up; which becomes tiresome in its own right.

Progress won't occur without pressure.
Pressure won't be applied without accountability.

i was referring to your comments about a website not been up to your satasfaction, when the operations manager and life member of the warl is very unwell in hospital and you bag him for not having the website up to date. well this is bullsh*t. you need to pull your head in and apoligise to him and all of the warl community for your comments about this web site been a prioity. people to who i spoke to today took offence to your reasoning when a freind is not well in hospital.

I think you have misread what Nicolas Hart has posted, unless im blind i couldnt see anything written suggesting its Val Murpheys fault the website isnt up 2 date.

He even wished him well

So your mates at the WARL should have no reason to take offence.....

But anyway website looks great just needs to be regularly updated!

Perth Red

Post Whore
Seems B&G you are the only one who read that into his post. he was being critical of a revamped website, majority of his comments are fair and if you are honnest you would agree that a relaunched website should be accurate and not be featuring pics of RU teams!

Whilst some may disagree with how much of a priority the website is all agree that if you are going to take it down and relaunch it then you should at the very least have the info accurate and up to date. If the guy is ill who is responsible for it then fair enough but why bother doing it now in that case? ps I am sure a web developer was employed to revamp the site and with the personel the WARL/WA Reds have then someone could have taken responsibility to step in when it was obvious it was needed.

I'll not add any more as I don't wan't to add fuel to a pointless argument but pull your head in mate or stick to the main NRL thread where you can be as inflammatory as you like!

Smithtown

Coach
It'll come good in time I'm sure. The basics are very good so it just needs some tinkering.

Last edited:

Nicolas Hart

Juniors
i wasnt taking any critisisim from you. i was referring to your comments about a website not been up to your satasfaction, when the operations manager and life member of the warl is very unwell in hospital and you bag him for not having the website up to date. well this is bullsh*t. you need to pull your head in and apoligise to him and all of the warl community for your comments about this web site been a prioity. people to who i spoke to today took offence to your reasoning when a freind is not well in hospital. you are a young person who has had limited life experiences and you immurturity could i suppose be an excuse for your unrealistic opinions and comments.please try not to use to many big words in your next post as for most of the readers who have been out in the workforce before you were born dont really give a sh*t about this uni student jargon just write it in plain english. p.s change the photo, we cant take a bloke posing in his underwear serious at all.

I am not remotely phased by the "people you spoke to taking offense" because the reality is you would have conveyed an incorrect and manipulated message to them, in order to support your own juvenile response. I, too, have spoken with a few people within the WARL in previous days (and at varying levels) who are quite enthusiastic. So, you're really clutching at straws here.

Fortunately, everyone who has reviewed this thread in the real context of this discussion is very well aware of the actual message and intent. You are the only person who hasn't, and let's be honest, you're likely continuing to over-exaggerate your actions in yet another attempt to support your remarks.

I do find it highly amusing that you have the audacity to name someone else immature. You exemplify the very meaning of immaturity with every response you write.

For the record, since you clearly like to act 'tough and certain' via an anonymous forum; and as you so dearly attempt to gain credibility by loosely advertising your "links within the WARL" in conversations; why not inform everyone here of who you are, and what you do?

I think we would all enjoy knowing who you are. Then again, I'm sure you only speak freely when you're incognito, right?

Nicolas Hart

Juniors
It'll come good in time I'm sure. The basics are very good so it just needs some tinkering.

I agree.

The largest miscommunication (on my part) is that people here seem to think the webpage is the core of my concerns. It is not. It is only one small area of a larger picture.

Regardless, I'm very optimistic and confident that the WARL will make large strides in coming years. They already are as we speak. That's not to say they don't have alot of work to do, though.

Nicolas Hart

Juniors

When you review where Rugby League in Perth was pre-2007; and reassess the current situation we find ourselves in now .... the WARL has already made some clever, calculated and important decisions, and have progressed very quickly over the past 2 - 3 years. The sport itself has grown, and the position of the game is becoming stronger each year.

Naturally, the planning processes and further developments are not instantaneous. I'm not suggesting their 'large strides' will be immediate. Though, I'm fairly confident they meet regularly, and are routinely developing new strategies to increase the security and longevity of Rugby League.

As we noted earlier; due to their limited resources, it'll take time. Though, the endeavour is there, without a doubt.

Latest posts