What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WARNE @ 55.45

pogo

Juniors
the drivel you have just posted exposes you as a goose with no idea about cricket.

first it is PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE to throw when you bowl leg spin and that is exactly why dav watmore sent out instructions to murali to bowl a few leg spinners and see what happened!!

well what happened was that emerson mde a complete arse of himself and was not sighted off nobbys ever again!!

the other crap is fairy tale crystal ball at its best i would have loved to see warne try and intimidate clive lloyd or sobers that would have been funny, lloyd would have stuck his bat fair up warnes generous sized arse!!

so spinners go for more than pace bowlers so maybe warne is just the best spinner ever hey???..............ahh well like mcsheep dont let the facts stuf your story.

wittyfan

Referee
pogo said:
well what happened was that emerson mde a complete arse of himself and was not sighted off nobbys ever again!!

All that showed was the weakness of the ACB!!!

pogo said:
the other crap is fairy tale crystal ball at its best i would have loved to see warne try and intimidate clive lloyd or sobers that would have been funny, lloyd would have stuck his bat fair up warnes generous sized arse!!

The West Indies were useless against quality spin. Bob Holland destroyed them once in a Test at the SCG!!!

pogo said:
so spinners go for more than pace bowlers so maybe warne is just the best spinner ever hey???..............ahh well like mcsheep dont let the facts stuf your story.

Spinners average more per wicket, but Warne's economy rate is excellent!!!!

JJ

Immortal
Warne has had a huge impact on the sport - the most influential - yes. The best? We could debate that until the cows come home

lockyno1

Post Whore
first it is PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE to throw when you bowl leg spin and that is exactly why dav watmore sent out instructions to murali to bowl a few leg spinners and see what happened!!

NO, it's not impossible its just unlikely to be able to do it! Murali just proved it's possible! I don't rate him as much as Daryl Hair- A ABSOLUTE CHAMPION, but Emerson did what he felt was the right call, and I agree with him! :clap:

JJ

Immortal
lockyno1 said:

NO, it's not impossible its just unlikely to be able to do it! Murali just proved it's possible! I don't rate him as much as Daryl Hair- A ABSOLUTE CHAMPION, but Emerson did what he felt was the right call, and I agree with him! :clap:

If they think he's throwing, then fine, call him. BUT DO IT FROM SQUARE LEG AND THEN YOU DON'T LOOK LIKE A KNOB WITH A GRUDGE

pogo

Juniors
the acb knew exactly what any cricketer worth two bob knows that you CANNOT throw when you bowl leg spin.

so he was sent to coventry!!

as i said before lloyd sobers and co would have rissoled warne , yet sullyfan would have you believe two of the best batsman ever to grace the game cant play spin.....this is laughable!

wittyfan

Referee
pogo said:
as i said before lloyd sobers and co would have rissoled warne , yet sullyfan would have you believe two of the best batsman ever to grace the game cant play spin.....this is laughable!

You bagging an Australian champ is laughable!!!

lockyno1

Post Whore

Guys, you will NEVER EVER KNOW how well they would have played spin! They played on hard seaming wickets everywhere! They were probally OK with spin, but they would not have been great at playing spin becuase they would not have faced anyone like Warne who spins everywhere! The reality is that we won't know anything, so to say taht they would have cartered warne is an overstatement to the extreme :lol:

pogo

Juniors
well if vvs laxman and dravid can bat all day against warne and when warne is so called free of injury struggle to dismiss parthan and partel in bangalore i reckon from what i SAW of lloyd and sobers they would have had fun with him too!!

llockyno1 shows his ignorance as well as he either is unaware of ignores the fact that the windies played with and against one of the best leg spinners ever lance gibbs.

like i said dont let the facts stuff a good story.......particularly if it involves an aussie

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
well in regard to murali lockyno1 can you tell me how and why he was no balled in adelaide when bowling LEG SPIN?????

Not true pogo. He was no balled for bowling his offies, then he bowled leggies in order to get through his over. He was not no balled when he bowled leg spin. I saw that game live.

as i said before lloyd sobers and co would have rissoled warne

Lloyd and Vivvy could not even play Dutchy Holland and Murry Bennett, at the SCG, and they were average spinners, at best.

These West Indina greats played alot on bouncy fast wickets to the benefit of their fast bowlers. They did not perform very well on the sub continent, but still managed to win, mainly becuase their bowlers were so could back then, they could win on any surface, but it wasn't theri batsmen that got them home.

On a turning wicket, I'd back Warney to clean them up, but on an even wicket, it would be a great contest, although I'd still back Warnie. Other spinners I'm not so confident about.

Macca

Coach
Careful Twiz, you'll fall into the McSheep category. Don't go messing up Pogo's story with facts.

pogo

Juniors
twizzle you may have seen that game live but what ever you do dont bet that he was not no balled for bowling leg spin because he WAS!!!

the discussion and shock from the commentary panel was obvious and they debated how could emerson possibly no ball him when he was bowling leg spin

as for the lloyd sobers argument i suggest you dig up the records and see how well they went , your reference to the scg or sullyfans is a laugh as at that stage the last innings on that deck was worse than anything india ever served up.

lloyd and sobers would have killed warne.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
pogo said:
as for the lloyd sobers argument i suggest you dig up the records and see how well they went , your reference to the scg or sullyfans is a laugh as at that stage the last innings on that deck was worse than anything india ever served up.

This was my point. Bennet and Dutchy were not that good, and yet Australia beat the Windies on a turner, with ordinary spinners.

pogo

Juniors
the scg pitch at that point in time was a disgrace as a fifth day wicket..............under those conditions anyone could take wickets.

by saying lloyd and co couldnt handle quality spin you make me laugh.

Macca

Coach
While we're at it why don't we ask how Bradman would have gone against the 70's and 80's pace attack of the Windies?

How would Tendulker go against Bodyline?

Silly argument really. How would Pogo go against the lighting fast McSheep???

We'll never know. :lol:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
pogo said:
the scg pitch at that point in time was a disgrace as a fifth day wicket..............under those conditions anyone could take wickets.

the Windies spinners couldn't, Harper and to a lesser extent Vivvy.

wittyfan

Referee
pogo said:

Yet, the Windies couldn't dismiss Australia once on that pitch with all their great bowlers!!!

pogo

Juniors
the lightning fast mcsheep ............give yourself a wrap champion.

did i read on an earlier post where you bowl at 120k, i reckon thats your slower ball!!

mcsheep he bowls swing he bowls zing he bowls any f**kin thing!!!

pogo

Juniors
hey sullyfan tell me ???? did australia declare every innings in that series???

yeah i am coming round to your way of thinking....lloyd and co were legless against spin..i was wrong

ROTFLMAO give it another stroke mate

Latest posts