What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warnes suspension

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Actually Joe, I was being sarcastic... damn keyboard doesnt have a chuckle key.
You can be sure that Warney has been advised to keep his head down.

imported_JoeD

Juniors
Lay the boot in lads... its easier when a bloke's down.:)

Hey we learnt it from the best (aussies)

. . . know what you mean about the chuckle key, have been wanting to get one installed for ages.

imported_midas

Juniors
ozbash
the rule or category under which he was charged carries a minimum<u> </u>penalty of two years.This was apparently reduced to one year (which means it obviously isn,t a minimum at all) on the advice of the boss of the drug testing authority.So there,s nothing too cunning about getting charged under the toughest category.
If your looking for a conspiracy theory ,try the Black Craps,who all got pissed as newts ,chucked out of a Durban club and Cairnsy got clobbered into the bargain.
Instead of being publicly humiliated a la Ricky Ponting,they,ve been sent to bed without any supper and asked not to get too pissed too often.
Talk about pots and kettles.

O

ozbash

i knew somebody would bring that up..
emcry.gif

forget cairnsy getting flattened by a yellow bellied king hitter, this is about his grousiness..

if what you say is right about the minimum sentence, then i am not surprised.
it smells a bit off to me. the 3 man panel were aussies so i expect no surprises.

i think it was the great man himself who let slip to one of his mates at the SMH that the 2nd test came back worse than the first,, it would evoke a feeling of sympathy when it was proved to be lies and the sympathetic 3 man aussie drug panel would say"' there ya go shaney,, you,ve suffered enough mate, cop a year."

told you he was a cunning prick...

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Talk about leaving your brains in the back of the bus.
Word is that Cairnsy had a skinfull and started chatting up the local lasses...in front their other halves. I supposeCairnsy could always claim that he was stupid and naive.

imported_midas

Juniors
Story from SAf says Cairns was clobbered front-on.King-hit story emanates from NZ.
Still can,t grasp what you Kiwis are on about.There was no motive other than vanity involved.The use of steroids was ruled out by the boss of ASDA plus no one with any brains could see an advantage in steroids except to heal the shoulder faster and this has also been ruled out by the medicos.
So there has been no attempt to gain an unfair advantage which is why drug testing was introduced.Noone,from ASDA,the cricketing fraternity,opposition players,anyone believes there were any performance -enhancing drugs involved.
In view of this ,the penalty is full tote odds for the offence.
Ninemsn poll shows 22k agree with the 12 months,8k disagree.so there you have it .most involved in the game believe the sentence is harsh,the general public believe it is justified and only the Kiwis believe it is light.
Still from a nation who still don,t quite grasp that Trevor Chappell delivered a perfectly legitimate delivery after 20 years,what can you expect?

O

ozbash

nope, no shielas involved.
they were doing the haka.
as every kiwi knows, the haka must be performed with a bare chest and the night club management were not to happy about this.
there was a bit of jostling involved during the stirring rendition of the impromptu haka and the culturally insensitive manager suelled the bouncers on to the happy cricketers.
in the ensueing melee, some bastard came up behind cairnsy and clocked him with a haymaker after he and our wicketkeeper(mr mccullem) had been sociable enough to go outside for a while..

no dramas, just a group of happy cricketers having a night out and some local idiot spoilt it.

anyway,, lets get back to warney..:p

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Doing an impromptuHaka?
You mean they were tanked up to the eyeballs....?

O

ozbash

the ADSA said they were not going to release any info on the technical stuff involving warne.
which of course on this side of the creek seems pretty strange..

imported_midas

Juniors
Ozbash
had another look at your post
"the great man himself let it slip to his mates at the SMH that the second test was worse than the first."
Firstly they are the same sample ,taken from the same yellow sream at the same time.The second one is kept sealed so that the test can be confirmed in the presence of the athlete.They were ,as you would expect,exacly the same.
Secondly Warne,s media contracts are with Nine Network and News Ltd,publishers of the Daily Telegraph etc.,so he wouldn,t leak anything to the SMH.
Plus the SMH story was contradicted by ASDA and subsequently the SMH ducked for cover.
Warne has copped a far more severe penalty for taking a diuretic than your potheads got for puffing away for years.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I want to know what disciplinary action is going to betaken against the Kiwis for bashing up the locals.

O

ozbash

well, nothing really...:D
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The report on an assault on Chris Cairns outside a South African nightclub has been given the "return to sender" treatment by New Zealand Cricket.
Team manager Jeff Crowe has sent the report to his bosses in Christchurch detailing the Durban incident which left Cairns nursing cuts and battered pride.
New Zealand Cricket has sent the report back to South Africa with a request for more information.
Crowe has confirmed giving all 15 team members a note about their responsibilities in public and told them to drastically improve their behaviour.
He's also had a one-on-one meeting with Cairns, whose memories of the assault are thought to be "hazy".
An amended report is expected back from Crowe within the next 24 hours.

Poor old Cairnsy, always been one of my favourtie players

But if i were to pick 3 guys who i always thought were on some form of jungle juice, id go for Cairns, Wayne Carey and Daley. Just the eyes, something about them

Anyways, i dont have a lot to say on Warney. He did the crime, now he must serve the time. Personally, i would've given him 2 years. Warne is lucky that he didn't get the full sentence.

Cheers,
Moffo

Well I though he should have got a bit more, but I won’t be appealing the decision ;) I don’t know if this true, but I have heard somewhere that the 3 months / 2 years sentences are the IOC rules. As cricket is not an Olympic sport, there was no need to follow these guidelines, although morally it is expected. I think that because he had made a very speedy recovery from an injury to play in a major tournament for last time, this would have gone against him. According to other Aussies he should have known what he was taking is banned. Publiclyhis teammatesare saying he wouldn’t have taken it, but what else would you expect them to say. Yes ASDA didn’t find anything else, but doesn’t the pill mask everything else. Also if he is so vain, why was he overweight for so long. It all smells a bit fishy to me – what he is sayingis full of holes. Even if it is true it is not a valid excuse. Take your punishment Warney, and I hope to see you playing again in a year.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Ozbash - "The report on an assault on Chris Cairns outside a South African nightclub has been given the "return to sender" treatment by New Zealand Cricket. "

So its a cover-up, eh?

"Crowe has confirmed giving all 15 team members a note about their responsibilities in public and told them to drastically improve their behaviour. "

Reading between the lines, that's code for 'stop bashing up the locals'.

"He's also had a one-on-one meeting with Cairns, whose memories of the assault are thought to be "hazy".
LOL... okay.. do I have to say it? The bloke can't handle his piss.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
MFC - "Poor old Cairnsy, always been one of my favourtie players"
'Poor old Cairnsy' has been misbehaving... probably not for the first time.

But you're right mate... never trust a bloke with beady eyes.
emdgust.gif

imported_midas

Juniors
saw an interview with David Hookes who said that since Warney had lost the weight he had become notorious amongst his Victorian team mates for parading around the dressing room in the bollicky.Apparently he,s the first to get undressed and the last to get dressed.
when the vanity issue was put to Steve Waugh,he hummed and hah,d for a while ,obviously not wanting to bag a mate,but eventually conceded that warney "took a fair amount of pride in his appearance these days"
You only have to look at the outfit he wore to the Alan Border Medal Night (looked like a bleached John travolta gone wrong) to realise that the vanity story holds a fair amount of water (which is more than Warney does)
Now if Cairns took as much pride in his appearance he would stop head-butting blokes in the fist.

O

ozbash

well i thought dick pound showed real courage and integrity over the "pee wee warne"affair.