What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warnes suspension

Willow

Assistant Moderator
0,5001,238030,00.jpg

Warne - difficult time for the family.

Bloody hell....

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Fair dinkum... what is about Victorians? Wayne Carey has nothing on Warney....check these comments from Res Dog's link:

<span>My torment</span>

I COULDN'T believe it when the judge said Shane Keith Warne was banned

My heart sank – I was in shock.

It has been a very difficult time for my whole family, especially my mum and children

I have been a victim of all the anti-doping hysteria.

It has amazed me that so many people have thrown in their two bob's worth. A lot of them have been very influential and have been keen to be heard – the old 15 minutes of fame comes to mind.

But there is always a positive out of a negative. One is that hopefully no other athlete makes an innocent and silly misjudgment like I did because such an innocent thing can rock and turn your life upside-down.

I have a lot of angry and disappointing thoughts at the moment but I do have to start thinking clearly.

And to all my sponsors, thanks so much for sticking by me.

O

ozbash

pinkfishchris.jpg
cairnswomensweek70th.jpg

now thats what a sporting hero should look like.
clean cut, all round nice guy.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Yeah right... Cairnsy looks a special for toothpaste advert. Very clean-cut and grinning from ear to ear. Wouldn't trust him for moment.

Havent you learned anything from HollywoodOzbash? The ugly blokes are always the heroes.... you of all people should know that.

imported_JoeD

Juniors
"I am very proud of the way I have dedicated the past 12 months to fitness and bowling technique and have had the best year of my career.
This is only due to hard work and dedication and I will continue to work hard in this area." - Warney

If he has worked so bloody hard over the last year getting fit and trim why was there a need to take a pill to improve his looks?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Good question. In any case, he'll have plenty of time now to work hard at the fitness. I doubt very much if he'll appeal.

imported_midas

Juniors
Omygawd,they,ve started already !
Q.What,s the difference between Shane warne and George Bush?
A.Bush is going to Baghdad and Warne is going to bag Mum.

Q.Whats the difference between Shane Warne and Baghdad?
A.One is going to get bombed every day for the next 12 months and be constantly surrounded by smoke and the other,s the capital of Iraq.

They can only get better.

imported_midas

Juniors
moffo
the bloke in the middle,s the ladies man-he,s landed a quinella.The other two have dipped out-maybe they,re sheep men or maybe even ginger beer.

O

ozbash

cairns is a legend.

he was a bit unfortunate the other night,, wrong place at the wrong time.....

the nz cricket board are dealing with it in a proper and non hysterical way.
best thing sneds did was kick the media circus out..

rest assured,it will be sorted.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Bronco: "Cairns was out celebrating that his partner was expecting another baby. I hardly think he was out being a "ladies man". More like a drunken fool." I think Russell 'crusty pants' Crowe was supposed to be with a girlfriend as well.... didnt stop him chatting up some of the talent. I think he useda pick upline like 'wanna ron coote me?' .. such a smoothie, obviously taking lessons from our own El Duque.

Anyway, crusty pants is a Crowe and the cousin of the famous Kiwi cricketing Crowes.. its in the blood... all NZ cricketers muck-up like this.

imported_midas

Juniors
lovely to see Shagger Shane on ACA last night.
Does not regard himself as a stupid person,just "very silly".
emsad.gif

Never listened to any of the ASDA lectures because "I was like that at school,never listened"
Then claimed that a test he had on Dec 12 ,before his injury,as a result of a fluid-loss tablet he had taken in Tassie showed traces of the same substances.He seemed to regard this as major proof that he had never taken performance-enhancing drugs.
It also proved that he was (is?) a liar as he had stated he had only ever taken one.
Well,if all that doesn,t add up to stupidity,I,ll go he.
Having said all that,stupidity doesn,t justify a 12-month suspension.Shane may be stupid,his Mum may not be the brightest candle on the cake,the whole family may be thick for all I know-so what?We don,t expect him to cure cancer or to bring about world peace,we just expect him to play cricket and being stupid doesn,t preclude anyone from doing that.

imported_midas

Juniors
The full findings of the comittee have been published on www.baggygreen.com.au
Well worth downloading .Shane does not come out of it looking too good .
I,d say an appeal would carry better than 50% chance of getting the full two years-cop it sweet ,Warnie.

imported_Kaon

Juniors
In the report, they mentioned that they found no evidence that he was taking steroids. I'm not expert but i thought that's <span>precisely </span>what diuretics are used for and the reason they are banned. Warney has been shown to have lied throughout this whole episode so i wouldn't put it past him to have beenusing a banned method to recover from his shoulder injury.