What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warriors 1st game

Blair

Coach
I had turned 25 that very week, and was in Japan working.

A lifetime ago!

Bloody Warriors.

JJ

Immortal
So much promise then, really should have made the playoffs that year but for a sideline error, you have to wonder if the whole history of the club might have been different if they had

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
I had turned 25 that very week, and was in Japan working.

A lifetime ago!

Bloody Warriors.

We didn't have Sky, so would head down to the neighbours place to watch the games on a Friday night, i would have one eye on the footy and one on the hot daughter ;)

Rich102

Staff member
What an atmosphere. Spine tingling. I had to feel for Tea Ropati. Ran onto the field and his nerves got to him and he spewed, in front of a packed house. They played so well.

And in answer to your question JJ, it would have made no difference at all. They played Illawarra the following week and got spanked.

We still lack the hard edge. Players who expect to win and know what it takes, or if they don't know thay work it out - quick. Forwards who are abrasive. We still have a soft underbelly.

Campion was the last hard man we had. Half the size of Webke but he knew what had to be done when his team mates were being dominated.

Reactions: JJ

Matua

Bench
I was at Uni in Hamilton and drove up to watch the game with my Mum and a couple of her friends (who had driven up from HB) - then went straight back down and went on a flat crawl.

Was a great night, aside from the final result.

So much promise then, really should have made the playoffs that year but for a sideline error, you have to wonder if the whole history of the club might have been different if they had

It set up our legacy of being screwed by refs! :)
First try Carnes knee touched the sideline!
Taewa tackled before the ball gets to him in the air - Alfie scores.