What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warriors at the Gong.

qld redvee

Juniors
well this is interesting Ben was interviewd by john gibbs after tonights game , and of course gibbs had to mention the crap and then says to Ben " are you playing friday night " Hunt replied yes I only played about 30 minutes ...
Buckle in for the next instalment when he hits wollongong

Yes i feel the same way now too-i cant stand to see him in our jersey. Silence can be misconstrued-booing cant be. I personally dont think he'll be brave enough to front. More to the point will the rest of the team want him there.And surely he cant be captain. Watching him tonight being such a grub for Queensland, and playing in a position many times that he has told us he doesnt want to play in-it just makes my blood boil. My mission for the rest of time that this guy plays is to make his life shit as much as possible every time he's at Kogarah. I personally will never let him forget

qld redvee

Juniors
Yes i feel the same way now too-i cant stand to see him in our jersey. Silence can be misconstrued-booing cant be. I personally dont think he'll be brave enough to front. More to the point will the rest of the team want him there.And surely he cant be captain. Watching him tonight being such a grub for Queensland, and playing in a position many times that he has told us he doesnt want to play in-it just makes my blood boil. My mission for the rest of time that this guy plays is to make his life shit as much as possible every time he's at Kogarah. I personally will never let him forget
I just want a nice hefty transfer fee for him and potentially a player swap ( as long as player happy to come ) and then bye bye benny

Victoire

Juniors
I remember feeling embarrassed when the crowd would boo Darius Boyd late in 2011 at home games. I thought that was dumb and very unfair, he was a Clive Churchill medallist who was a big reason for our premiership win and two minor prems.

Bun Hunt, on the other hand.... helped us get nothin but some has-been broncos old boys. May the boos ring out

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I remember feeling embarrassed when the crowd would boo Darius Boyd late in 2011 at home games. I thought that was dumb and very unfair, he was a Clive Churchill medallist who was a big reason for our premiership win and two minor prems.

Bun Hunt, on the other hand.... helped us get nothin but some has-been broncos old boys. May the boos ring out
So true. Darius is probably the best fullback St George Illawarra has had and he did win us a comp playing outstanding footy throughout the years. He should never have been booed that is for sure.

How awkward would it be for Ben when he gets back to the sheds to face his team mates. I would be embarrassed.

He is taking ownership though and offered to give up his captaincy which Carr should seriously consider. I don't think there is any value giving him the captaincy as he definitely wants to go to Qld and has offered to give it to someone else which is a huge call by him.

dannyt

Coach

I appreciate what you're saying, and my first reaction was to boo the crap out of him. However, it is a bad look for supporters, as evidenced by the recent booing of Buddy Franklin at several AFL games. My protest will be to clap and cheer the team when they're each announced. but be silent when Ben is announced. Won't make a difference because I'm sure I'll be in the minority.

P.S.- provided he actually plays.

Ive heard second hand from a player in that team what caused the blowup in 2011 where we went from Premiership favourites to nothing and it’s directly related to Darius Boyd. The fans booed him for the wrong reasons but if they knew what he’d done the booing would have been even louder. It destroyed the dressing room and we barely won again after it happened. After i was told this, ive had nothing but contempt for him. We should have won our 2 nd comp that year but it died at half time in one match.

dannyt

Coach
Ive heard second hand from a player in that team what caused the blowup in 2011 where we went from Premiership favourites to nothing and it’s directly related to Darius Boyd. The fans booed him for the wrong reasons but if they knew what he’d done the booing would have been even louder. It destroyed the dressing room and we barely won again after it happened. After i was told this, ive had nothing but contempt for him. We should have won our 2 nd comp that year but it died at half time in one match.
OK. You can't just put that out there with no other information. What the hell did he do?

Victoire

Juniors
Ancient history now, but even so, he still didn't deserve the boos. I've heard similar scuttlebutt, but I believe it's all been forgiven. He did a podcast with Jason Nightingale and they both spoke of his time at the club in affectionate terms

RedVee_8

Juniors
I appreciate what you're saying, and my first reaction was to boo the crap out of him. However, it is a bad look for supporters, as evidenced by the recent booing of Buddy Franklin at several AFL games. My protest will be to clap and cheer the team when they're each announced. but be silent when Ben is announced. Won't make a difference because I'm sure I'll be in the minority.

P.S.- provided he actually plays.
Exactly

Slippery Morris

First Grade
It's always a players wife or girlfriend. Players should not mix their partners with their team mates as it seems to cause a lot of love triangles. I am not saying that it's not true @Dragonssupporter but it is not the first time we hear about these in the NRL.

So does that mean Wayne Bennett lost the dressing room? It was odd how they did fade in 2011 as the way they started it looked like a sure thing they would make the GF. Surely Wayne would have been able to sort it out amongst the players?

ralph18

Juniors
I remember 2011 very well and it was pretty clear to me that the fade coincided with Bennett's announcement (or rumours) that he was leaving.

It was quite a shocking reversal of form as during the first half of the season I thought they were even better than they were in 2010.

RedVee_8

Juniors
It's always a players wife or girlfriend. Players should not mix their partners with their team mates as it seems to cause a lot of love triangles. I am not saying that it's not true @Dragonssupporter but it is not the first time we hear about these in the NRL.

So does that mean Wayne Bennett lost the dressing room? It was odd how they did fade in 2011 as the way they started it looked like a sure thing they would make the GF. Surely Wayne would have been able to sort it out amongst the players?
We started the season playing the best footy seen for many a long year - so good the bookies paid out on bets that we would be Premiers -and then crashed. I assumed the crash was because Bennett announced he was leaving. Maybe not.
we did have a love triangle issuecyears before with Bartrim & Treacy if I remember correctly

I think the results show that he couldnt. It became so deep seated that we were never the same after it. Some things once done become irreparable. I think much the same as Hunt and Dragons supporters now. This cant be undone no matter what they do. He’s dug his own grave and i think the news about the Titans shows that this has been planned. We should run him in reggies for the rest of the year. That would shit both him and the Titans