What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warriors declare interest

Why wouldn't the dogs want to get something out of him for the damage he caused them. He is a risk to take on though. Injury prone. 1 mill for a bench sitter.

tezzah

Juniors
Pay it up Warriors... your season is going to stink this year. The Warriors club are in need of a marquee player and he is your ONLY answer! Not JT, Mase or any other second rate NRL player wanting to cash in on your clubs recruitment misery.

Stuff the nay-sayers. When he's back playing everyone will be back to loathing him and talking about SBW. End of the day the Bulldogs club tried to withhold money from him -money he should have received considering he took a major pay cut. He only asked what he deserved which fell on death ears and with an idiot coach at the time who could blame him? Mase and O'Meley left for greener pastures yet SBW is having to put up with the crap? Eventually Willie Tonga, Roy Asotasi, Brent Sherwin (although at the end of his career), Corey Hughes and Reni Mairua were outs.

Pay the man his money- clubs and executives make a whole lot more than SBW and yet he is not bickering about there pay rates nor the disloyalty they've showed with the Hughes family dillema. Makes you think why the Mortimers want nothing to do with the Bulldogs club. Scandal and disloyalty from the TOP down!

Warriors welcome an Auckland Son back home with an open wallet. The only way to boost memberships and excitement for the Warriors in 2010!!!! GET REAL EVERYONE!!!

You have got to be kidding Timmah.
Tell me one other coach that would put up with those morons. Steve Folkes was a hero. Watch how the tigers go this year.

End of the day the Bulldogs club tried to withhold money from him -money he should have received considering he took a major pay cut. He only asked what he deserved which fell on death ears and with an idiot coach at the time who could blame him?

You have been brainwashed as well dude.

tezzah

Juniors
Seeing that you are all nobel and all 30+ would you take a salary pay cut to compensate the livelihoods of of others in your workplace? ...

Folksey did a fine job at one point. Brought a team together and created NRL champions. Not SBW, however he lost the plot in the end. Tigers were good as they could have been in 2009. Will be watching closely how the Tigers go this year as it may be do or die for Sheensie IMO.

ozbash

Referee
Everyone (and I mean everyone) is getting a hard-on about Sam Burgess and Dave Taylor at Souths, they are not worthy to be in the same room as SBW.

The guy is the ultimate in ball playing forwards. Can just picture SBW and Matulino together...

f**k the mongrel Dogs, they sold their soul to Tulon, they'll do it again.

One Warrior

Bench
Just reported on Radio Sport that Wayne Scurrah has said the Warriors have no intention whatsoever of paying the Bulldogs One Million dollars for SBW.

Micistm

Bench
He's the biggest flake and fraud in the game. I'd rather lick my own gonads then have him at the Warriors.

Lol, I was going to say scull a bottle of turps and piss on a forest fire, but that sums it up just as well.

Seriously, WTF?! Waste, no, correction there- RISK a huge chunk of the salary cap on that...I'll just say dishonourable injury prone player...is appalling.
Enough to make me change support to another club. I feel that strongly about it.

Micistm

Bench
Pay it up Warriors... your season is going to stink this year. The Warriors club are in need of a marquee player and he is your ONLY answer! Not JT, Mase or any other second rate NRL player wanting to cash in on your clubs recruitment misery.

Stuff the nay-sayers. When he's back playing everyone will be back to loathing him and talking about SBW. End of the day the Bulldogs club tried to withhold money from him -money he should have received considering he took a major pay cut. He only asked what he deserved which fell on death ears and with an idiot coach at the time who could blame him? Mase and O'Meley left for greener pastures yet SBW is having to put up with the crap? Eventually Willie Tonga, Roy Asotasi, Brent Sherwin (although at the end of his career), Corey Hughes and Reni Mairua were outs.

Pay the man his money- clubs and executives make a whole lot more than SBW and yet he is not bickering about there pay rates nor the disloyalty they've showed with the Hughes family dillema. Makes you think why the Mortimers want nothing to do with the Bulldogs club. Scandal and disloyalty from the TOP down!

Warriors welcome an Auckland Son back home with an open wallet. The only way to boost memberships and excitement for the Warriors in 2010!!!! GET REAL EVERYONE!!!

:lol:pay the man his money...suuurrrreee. Then watch him sit out injured for half a season before doing a runner to follow some dream...and whinge about his slave treatment at the clube and they're all racist...
More trouble than he's worth. Seriously.

ozbash

Referee
well, bless my soul.....

Warriors CEO Wayne Scurrah says the club has no intention of paying the Bulldogs $1 million to sign Sonny Bill Williams.

The Bulldogs will only allow Williams to play for a rival club prior to 2013 if they are paid compensation, but Scurrah says the Bulldogs already received $1 million when he walked out on the club.

Scurrah has confirmed he has spoken with owner Eric Watson about signing Williams.

"I would imagine he would be a commercial success in this country. And also a sought after for his on-field ability as well.

Scurrah has spoken with Williams' manager Khoder Nasser and is hopeful discussions can be advanced further. He says they plan to keep pursuing him, ideally away from the media.

- NEWSTALK ZB
http://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/newsdetail1.asp?storyID=172084

Micistm

Bench
Don't wish for something Mr Scurrah...you just might get it.

Should it come off...in that slight, SLIGHT chance...I hope they realise they will polarise their fanbase to the point they will lose a good chunk of them. They may get a percentage back with a winning streak, but it's a gamble. Should history repeat itself with injury or antics it could end up costing the Warriors a lot more than some of the salary cap.

Skinner

Coach
Let him go to Counties....I bet he would enjoy the Franklin Club out at Puke. Not sure about the class of sheilas in the sh*thouses out there though.

Iafeta

Referee
Tezzah,

You are aware that he up and left mid season, and was so brave and courageous and moralistic about his whole crusade that he didn't tell a solitary team-mate that that was his intentions... right? You honestly want a bloke in your team that A: would do that B: wouldn't trust his team-mates with issues he may be having?

Just sayin', I don't think you seem to be aware as to what sort of rubbish that bloke pulled. Is that the Kiwi way of resolving issues? I don't think it is.

I'm with you Mic, I'd consider changing club allegiances. I want nothing, I repeat NOTHING to do with $BW. The only way I'd accept $BW back to the club would be if:

A: He offered a strongly worded apology to all the league fans and all the fans of people being fair dinkum, honest, and trustworthy, to the point that he promises to put his physical crown jewels on a physical chopping block if he even contemplates it again
B: He has some sort of ankle bracelet that goes beep beep beep anytime he is outside a 5K radius of Mt Smart Stadium without the coach's permission
C: He leaves all women's dunnies alone
D: He becomes a man and gets rid of Mundane and the Khosser or whatever his name is
E: He is signed on a pay as you play basis
F: All of a sudden he is also now a 95% goal kicker
G: He understands he is committing to a contract not a "all good while I'm happy eh bro" type deal
H: Anytime any player feels he is about to disrupt team harmony or does disrupt team harmony that the other players at the club are fitted with a buzzing device that allows them to press it and send an electric shock through his body
I: Jesus performs a miracle and cures his glass shoulders and knees
J: It's done over my dead body

Let him go to Counties....I bet he would enjoy the Franklin Club out at Puke. Not sure about the class of sheilas in the sh*thouses out there though.

:lol:

ozbash

Referee
Lote is no different, he's back.
So is Tahu.

Both welcomed back from the 'dark side' with open arms, I might add.

What SBW did, wasnt wrong. He is a professional.

How he did it is questionable, I put that down to bad advice.

So, come on, lets forgive and forget, lifes too short (and all that jazz)...

SBW would look groovy in a Warriors jersey.

shiznit

Coach
id love to see him back in RL... if the warriors pick him up all the better.

the guy made me want to watch dogs games...

if he gets his body in order he will be an awesome buy... but of course thats the big question.

ozbash

Referee
What about Wendell, left in disgrace, went to union , then came back to his adoring Dragin fans ffs..

He crapped on the code and its fans with his drug use, then defected...

Seems a rule for one but not the other..

Martli

Coach
I think it's the way SBW left the code, Tuquiri and Sailor are different stories in that respect.

Skinner

Coach
What about Wendell, left in disgrace, went to union , then came back to his adoring Dragin fans ffs..

He crapped on the code and its fans with his drug use, then defected...

Seems a rule for one but not the other..

It's all about the modus oparandi. Those you mention went with complete
transparency and negotiation (with the possible exception of Wendell).

They didn't scarper in the night like this prick.

The rules are very correct in this case.

Latest posts