What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warriors declare interest

Drzoidberg

Juniors
ooo this is good, almost like he did it to the warriors already! (why are you so wound up skinz?) mate I made massive errors in my youth he was 22 with peeps telling him he was worth so much more with less pressure.

Who hasnt kicked the sh*ts with an employer when they completly spend you out?

He was singlehandedly expected to keep a club like the dogs who are drenched in history up to the standard that they always were for not really the wage that shouldve been! especially considering Mason walked out in that preseason which freed up cap.

Something had to give, something had to give

ozbash

Referee
He was singlehandedly expected to keep a club like the dogs who are drenched in history up to the standard that they always were for not really the wage that shouldve been! especially considering Mason walked out in that preseason which freed up cap.

pretty much the guts of it doodlebug, Mason, Shrek, Anasta all slung their hook.
The only marketing/promotional "tool" the mutts had left was SBW and, maybe, Hazem.

In other words, he was being used and abused..

AliN

Live Update Team
ooo this is good, almost like he did it to the warriors already! (why are you so wound up skinz?) mate I made massive errors in my youth he was 22 with peeps telling him he was worth so much more with less pressure.

excellent points, and agree totally..
Contracts these days don't seem to be worth the paper they are written on, money is what talks.

And yes Skinz, what's got your tits in a tangle here :cool:

Micistm

Bench
So the SBW fans are happy with the little video he sent back from France to play on the Footy Show? Calling the Club Racist, knocking the game and code, suggesting he was like cattle, a slave, a mere 'bus driver?'
FFS. There's youth silliness, and then there's Primadonna antics of a person who starts believing all the hype about how great they are. SBW is in the latter. He went from the nice humble fellow we saw on 60 minutes (or 20/20, can never remember which), to some Mundine clone tosser talking about himself in third person.
You really can't say he 'did nothing wrong, but the way he went about it was.' That's a contradiction on the grounds the two are interlinked. To suggest he did what he did as he's a 'Professional' had coffee coming out of my nose. He did not leave the club like Mason etc: He was unhappy with his lot, thanks to some morons whispering in his ear and brainwashing him- But then went back into talks and RE-SIGNED. That's the big thing here. He was unhappy-but re-signed his contract, for a bigger paypacket, and a longer time. A big risk by the Dogs considering his injury history.
He was pledging alligence to his club right up to the day he left. The only indication he was, was a text to a fellow player he didn't need a ride to training!
He left his car, supplied by his club, back in the dealers yard overnight with the keys still in it. He hid in airport toilets on the way to France, and in toilets once he got there. Then the video sent back to play...basically his whinge list on all who had 'feckked him off.'
Professional my arse.
I won't even go into the leaving on World Cup year, and the coach, players, fans and country he let down there.
But we can go into the fact the Dogs have gone from strength to strength without him, and the Kiwis won the WC. ;-)

So, IMO, with his attitude, injury history, and huge amount of money it would cost to get him=Liability to avoid at all costs. I can't believe this topic is even going, and I can't believe the Warriors are even considering him.

Of course, no one even knows if SBW is interested. I said before and I'll say again- If he sticks with his Rugby dream-What he wanted-I would have more repect for the guy.

Micistm

Bench
I think it's the way SBW left the code, Tuquiri and Sailor are different stories in that respect.

Yes, and the way he re-signed and pledged allegience before going, leaving his team mates totally in it may have something to do with his popularity as well:roll:
Seriously-Honestly-How many people have to be wrong to make SBW right?!:shock:

Drzoidberg

Juniors
Fair enough Mic, I may be wrong (apparently?)BUT sign him up! we are good at wasting money so, why dont we waste it on someone who has oodles and oodles of X factor?

Drzoidberg

Juniors
A bit grubby from the sqeaky clean bulldogs wanting a cool million because of "huge commercial benefits" the Warriors would recieve.

3 things you should never argue about money, politics and religion always ends ugly.

And the Dogs and Sonny Bill were arguing about money.

If the dogs believe the warriors would make huge amount with his now extremely damaged image then you could imagine what would they (dogs) would have been expecting out of him with the popular "I wanna be SBW" sonny image.

I dont like being used, I get out of that situation as quick as possible cut my losses.

He must of been pretty low to get to the state he was in, crsis meetings then the downfall of changing managers then walking out and not telling anyone.

Iafeta

Referee
Lote is no different, he's back.

Tuqiri was axed from his ARU contract. $BW still had his.

So is Tahu.
What did Tahu do wrong? He negotiated commercially viable contracts for himself. He hasn't broken any contracts.

Both welcomed back from the 'dark side' with open arms, I might add.
Again, to highlight the obvious, none burned the midnight embers by doing the dirty on their team mates mid season and bailing off to France to earn more money.

What SBW did, wasnt wrong. He is a professional.
A professional honours his commitments and fights through the hard times. You're confusing professional with the adjective scum.

How he did it is questionable, I put that down to bad advice.
Isn't he a grown man?

So, come on, lets forgive and forget, lifes too short (and all that jazz)...
Why should we forgive and forget? The bloke still figures what he did was right.

SBW would look groovy in a Warriors jersey.
I wouldn't know as I wouldn't watch them.

Iafeta

Referee

LOL - singlehandedly. Having a tug there mate. The name $BW is far from synonomous with guiding the Bulldogs out of tough times. The Bulldogs were founded on the principle of loyalty and the family spirit. Names like the Moores, Mortimers, Hughes, Terry Lamb, hell even Hazem El Masri has more Bulldog in him in his pinkie finger then $BW will ever have. $BW is a myth compared to them all because all he stands for is numero ono.

What was he on? $500,000 under a salary cap of $4,000,000? So 1/8th of the total cap. And that wasn't enough for his royal highness? You'd never catch a great Bulldog like the aforementioned doing that, $BW wouldn't have a clue what it is to be one of them.

Iafeta

Referee
So the SBW fans are happy with the little video he sent back from France to play on the Footy Show? Calling the Club Racist, knocking the game and code, suggesting he was like cattle, a slave, a mere 'bus driver?'
FFS. There's youth silliness, and then there's Primadonna antics of a person who starts believing all the hype about how great they are. SBW is in the latter. He went from the nice humble fellow we saw on 60 minutes (or 20/20, can never remember which), to some Mundine clone tosser talking about himself in third person.
You really can't say he 'did nothing wrong, but the way he went about it was.' That's a contradiction on the grounds the two are interlinked. To suggest he did what he did as he's a 'Professional' had coffee coming out of my nose. He did not leave the club like Mason etc: He was unhappy with his lot, thanks to some morons whispering in his ear and brainwashing him- But then went back into talks and RE-SIGNED. That's the big thing here. He was unhappy-but re-signed his contract, for a bigger paypacket, and a longer time. A big risk by the Dogs considering his injury history.
He was pledging alligence to his club right up to the day he left. The only indication he was, was a text to a fellow player he didn't need a ride to training!
He left his car, supplied by his club, back in the dealers yard overnight with the keys still in it. He hid in airport toilets on the way to France, and in toilets once he got there. Then the video sent back to play...basically his whinge list on all who had 'feckked him off.'
Professional my arse.
I won't even go into the leaving on World Cup year, and the coach, players, fans and country he let down there.
But we can go into the fact the Dogs have gone from strength to strength without him, and the Kiwis won the WC. ;-)

So, IMO, with his attitude, injury history, and huge amount of money it would cost to get him=Liability to avoid at all costs. I can't believe this topic is even going, and I can't believe the Warriors are even considering him.

Of course, no one even knows if SBW is interested. I said before and I'll say again- If he sticks with his Rugby dream-What he wanted-I would have more repect for the guy.

Yep, that confirmed the guy is Grade A scum/tool, whatever you want to call him. He isn't fit to wear a Warriors, Bulldogs or Kiwis jersey. I wouldn't watch him go around for Eketahuna in the Wairarapa-Bush club comp.

Iafeta

Referee
A bit grubby from the sqeaky clean bulldogs wanting a cool million because of "huge commercial benefits" the Warriors would recieve.

3 things you should never argue about money, politics and religion always ends ugly.

And the Dogs and Sonny Bill were arguing about money.

If the dogs believe the warriors would make huge amount with his now extremely damaged image then you could imagine what would they (dogs) would have been expecting out of him with the popular "I wanna be SBW" sonny image.

I dont like being used, I get out of that situation as quick as possible cut my losses.

He must of been pretty low to get to the state he was in, crsis meetings then the downfall of changing managers then walking out and not telling anyone.

And you seriously expect the Warriors under the same salary cap constraint could be any different with P Money? Not a chance.

shiznit

Coach
okay then... so how many 'die hard' fans here will turn there backs on the club if they sign SBW??

Dirty Hoe

Juniors
one player doesnt make or break a club...why be so snotty to not support your local team because of one player.

dr crane you are a tosser

Jesbass

First Grade
one player doesnt make or break a club...why be so snotty to not support your local team because of one player.

dr crane you are a tosser

Agreed. (Except for that last line, because he's a good guy in real life!) :cool:

Im amazed by the emotion in all this. This is business in reality isnt it ?

I earn my living with clients and bank platforms and there is one saying that always rings true. The only people who ever get emotional about money in a deal are the brokers. The big players dont get upset they have patience and get the deal placed in its right time.

SBW is a business venture, Think of him as an Asset, thats all it is or all he is in this picture. Thats how the bulldogs are shaping him in this and I bet my money that is how they were treating him before. Read between the lines.

When a player is treated like an asset he starts to see himself as an asset before being a player in the game he loves. Its not until you ship off elsewhere and you have geniune time to reflect that you can see the truth that was blinded by the glaring sydney lights. That is what turns a boy into a man. Failure and pain.

Im 30 years old and I still make mistakes, the guy was a kid in a shark eat Shark business world. Im sure no matter how you look it, if the Warriors, Tigers, Knights or whoever signed him they will milk and expolit him for every intentional business opportunity possible, given the price is right.

Dont think for one moment if a club can run a smoother cleaner business they wont ditch your favorite player for $ reward. Happens more than you may like to think. There is rarely loyality involved.

You the fan are also commercial item also. A bond to be cashed into at the maturity date.

Having said that I dont think the Warriors are the most onto it sophisticated club out there, just look at their player profiles on their website. They are still 2009 profiles 1 week out from the new season.