What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warriors interested in Parramatta fullback

Hellsy

Immortal
lucablight said:
Why do you think this?

I don't know, he just seems to score a sh*tload of tries from out on the flanks, he looks like he enjoys running down the sidelines and out-running the opposition winger

paulb88

Juniors
jayjayselmes said:
apposed to what ??

reddy didnt even make 1 bust at all on the weekend and 2 dropped bombs.

wade made 224 metres aginst the dogs. And appetly he is hopeless according to some on this site.

Cazy cazy crazy

Uh yes he did

Hurriflatch

Referee
Joel Reddy

Line breaks: 1
Metres: 146
Hitups: 16
Tackles: 4
Missed: 2
Errors: 2

Eric Grothe
Line Breaks: 0
Hitups: 11
Metres: 89
Tackles: 6
Missed: 6
Errors: 1

Reddy made more metres, had more hitups, made more linebreaks and missed fewer tackles then Grothe

so I guess when Wade comes back into the fullback possy Reddy should be shifted to wing and Grothe dumped because it's obvious that Reddy is better then Grothe.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
jayjayselmes said:
i was just checking the stats on nrl.com and i am amazed as wades stats.

go check them out each round

metes gained

118(half a game and went off for his jaw)

man and we want to offload him ??? sheez and lets not talk about line beaks. only wesser comes close in the stats comparing.

amazing

good stats but you need to put in in perspective

he's a fullback so he does say 5 or 6 kick returns a game, thats 100 or 120 easy metres per game

jayjayselmes

Juniors
it wasnt a line beak pj made the bust and reddy took the ball in the gap fool.

even i could have made a bust though that 10 metrer gap.

MrT

Juniors
Ideally if we could re-sign Wade for 2 years and Play Hayne on the wing in that time. Hayne would then make a great transition I feel. Let's not forget Inu, he needs to play 1st grade also. Hayne has more natural ability than Reddy. I can see Reddy perhaps going to another club long term.
1. Hayne/McKinnon
2. Inu
3.Smith
4.Tahu
5.Grothe

I believe this to be our best backline

bartman

Immortal
Suitman said:
I see a Delaney-esque future for him.
Ouch. Is that kind of like going to the tarot card reader and they turn over the unlucky card? (For some reason I have visions of Suity and a crystal ball linside a tent... ;-))

Wade is a solid fullback, and was in good form (apart from a game or two) in a side that wasn't exactly always going forwards. He's going to attract offers from clubs in need of exactly that. Just comes down to whether those clubs offer him better $ than we can match, or guarantee him more years than we are willing. And I'm pretty sure NZ will do both...

Goleel

Juniors
Are we forgetting just how many dumb things Wade has done on the field this year? Dropped balls returning kicks in clutch situations in games, running towards the sideline and being put into touch on a return, leaving so many balls to roll only to have to then pick up and run out of the in goal, running away from his support when he makes a break. It's like his football instincts have just gone kaput this season. He's a damn good player, excellent in support, great on returns, runs hard, but he needs to get rid of these dumb moments that have snuck into his game this year.

For mine, I see Reddy replacing McKinnon sooner or later, or he goes somewhere else, I can't really see him spending another 2 years as a reserve grader, but he needs a bit more time before he's ready for firsts, as this weekend showed. Depending on how long we sign McKinnon for if we do sign him, should determine Reddy's future.

Bigfella

Coach
One thing we really need is a strong finisher on the wings.

Eric has been great, but he has not been scoring tries. One reason is that he generally touches the ball early in the tackle count or early in the play; he tends to make breaks rather than finish them.

If he could learn to combine with Tahu a little better he may start building his tally; he often comes in when Tahu is clearly expecting him to stay out; he often gets caught alongside or in front of Tahu in half-break situations.

Hayne on the other wing has great instincts and will offer a lot on the wing short term while he adjusts to the speed of the game and the size and strength of his opponents.

Amos clearly caught him out on Sunday; he left him for dead and it was a good effort to come back with the ankle tap. A stint on the wing will not hurt ...

Suitman

Post Whore
Bigfella said:

Eric has been great, but he has not been scoring tries. One reason is that he generally touches the ball early in the tackle count or early in the play; he tends to make breaks rather than finish them.

If he could learn to combine with Tahu a little better he may start building his tally; he often comes in when Tahu is clearly expecting him to stay out; he often gets caught alongside or in front of Tahu in half-break situations.

Hayne on the other wing has great instincts and will offer a lot on the wing short term while he adjusts to the speed of the game and the size and strength of his opponents.

Amos clearly caught him out on Sunday; he left him for dead and it was a good effort to come back with the ankle tap. A stint on the wing will not hurt ...

Agree with your current scenario of the happenings.

Our current problem is though is the centres and wingers aren't getting much ball in space.
When was the last time you remember Eric getting the ball in space? I mean good space. Honestly, stick Eric in the open and he will score a try 7-8 times out of 10.
No, I can't remember neither.

Until our forwards start laying a decent platform and dominating teams, enough so our backs get some space, we won't see either winger doing the sorts of things we expect to see wingers do.

Suity

James_Hardie

Juniors
Suitman said:

Our current problem is though is the centres and wingers aren't getting much ball in space.
When was the last time you remember Eric getting the ball in space? I mean good space. Honestly, stick Eric in the open and he will score a try 7-8 times out of 10.

Suity

Against the Cowboys, he had room and stood up Matt Sing.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Suitman said:

Until our forwards start laying a decent platform and dominating teams, enough so our backs get some space, we won't see either winger doing the sorts of things we expect to see wingers do.

Suity

On top of that we also need an X factor to make it all happen, we had those forwards last year and Timmy fed off the platform which meant our backs were very busy scoring trys.

I honestly believe a Timmy/Jamie combo could be anything if our forwards can get that roll on.

jayman

Juniors
iam a big fan of mad dog... stick him on the opposite side of tahu and eric...

a smith/macdougall combo.. and iam telling you.. we would be unstoppable on either side...hayne at full back... and that backline would destroy opposition..

at a good price.. now that hes out of favour and getting on.. i dont think he would cost alot.. and u could get a awesome couple of years out of him.. before stickin in our young stars...

i think in this day and age.. backs have to be big ..similar to how NSW play..tahu eric gaz and king are all big solid guys.. u throw in lyon and macdougall and thats prolly the strongest backline in the comp...

Stagger eel

Staff member
jayman said:
iam a big fan of mad dog... stick him on the opposite side of tahu and eric...

a smith/macdougall combo.. and iam telling you.. we would be unstoppable on either side...hayne at full back... and that backline would destroy opposition..

at a good price.. now that hes out of favour and getting on.. i dont think he would cost alot.. and u could get a awesome couple of years out of him.. before stickin in our young stars...

i think in this day and age.. backs have to be big ..similar to how NSW play..tahu eric gaz and king are all big solid guys.. u throw in lyon and macdougall and thats prolly the strongest backline in the comp...

you know what? you're speaking my language..except I'd also add his younger brother in the mix. but we definitely need the forwards to compliment such a backline.

jayman

Juniors
eelavation said:
you know what? you're speaking my language..except I'd also add his younger brother in the mix. but we definitely need the forwards to compliment such a backline.

great minds think alike...yeah his brother could be one of them mid range signings you were talking about...

cannings contract alone would cover mad dogs figure (reportedly 250gs..) but i doubt he would command that now...unless ESL

Stagger eel

Staff member
jayman said:
great minds think alike...yeah his brother could be one of them mid range signings you were talking about...

cannings contract alone would cover mad dogs figure (reportedly 250gs..) but i doubt he would command that now...unless ESL

the problem with Mad Dog, and he would come cheap, is his relationship with Hagan, I'm not really sure if he actually left Newcastle on bad terms or not but if didn't, he'd be ideal.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Bigfella said:

Our best combination was with Eric on the left wing with Ben Smith at left centre. The other side was Tahu and Burt and that worked really well because Burt is a great finisher and Tahu is creative.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
eelavation said:
I honestly believe a Timmy/Jamie combo could be anything if our forwards can get that roll on.

The problem is our pack get out musculed. So the biggest priority is so tough, go forward props and backrowers.

lucablight

First Grade
You people do realise that one of the reasons Souths are willing to release their best player in Adam Macdougall is because of his lack of durability? He's only played 29 games in the couple of years he's been there.
Also Eelevation I'm surprised that you wouldn't mind having a 31 year old winger but a 30 year old backrower is too old especially when speed is a must for wingers/centres.

Latest posts