What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warriors interested in Parramatta fullback

redeel

Juniors
wake up people.We have plenty of backs ,we need forwards who go forward,its a simple game, go forward and create space for your backs, if you are serious about Mad dog what do you think our young guys are gunna do just wait around til he retires.
Then you ,ll be whinging about our young guys leaving or not getting a go.
Focus on our up front weakness and stop fantasising about a guy who was great ONCE

jayman

Juniors
lucablight said:
You people do realise that one of the reasons Souths are willing to release their best player in Adam Macdougall is because of his lack of durability? He's only played 29 games in the couple of years he's been there.
Also Eelevation I'm surprised that you wouldn't mind having a 31 year old winger but a 30 year old backrower is too old especially when speed is a must for wingers/centres.

mmm that reminds me of another person people were talking like that about...

tahu was his name...yeah that guy.. all of newcastle was saying how rubbish he was injury wise.. coz the 2 yrs b4 he came.. he missed the majority of em..look at him now.. sure he misses the odd games.. but worth it

age shouldnt be a factor. ..look at menzies.. going great guns still..

i believe whoever picks him up with benefit from his presence greatly...

Utey

Coach
jayman said:
mmm that reminds me of another person people were talking like that about...

tahu was his name...yeah that guy.. all of newcastle was saying how rubbish he was injury wise.. coz the 2 yrs b4 he came.. he missed the majority of em..look at him now.. sure he misses the odd games.. but worth it

age shouldnt be a factor. ..look at menzies.. going great guns still..

i believe whoever picks him up with benefit from his presence greatly...

Sorry dude but you simply cannot compare Macdougall to Johns and Menzies.

Eelementary

Post Whore
We don't need backs.

We've got guys like Inu, Hayne, Reddy, Ben Smith and many more.

What we need are good forwards.

It's times like these I wish we were more like the Dragons - our Juniors are generally really good backs, and theirs are generally veryr good forwards.

Utey

Coach
Eelementary said:
We don't need backs.

It's times like these I wish we were more like the Dragons - our Juniors are generally really good backs, and theirs are generally veryr good forwards.

Thats right, we produce so many damn backs. Whilst its awesome we always have little tested depth up front and get excited over players who generally arent up to scratch.

Eelementary

Post Whore
It's a pain, isn't it?

So much is said about guys like Cordoba and Taia - but when they make the leap to First Grade, they struggle.

The Dragons young forwards, on the other hand...

Delboy

First Grade
Its all about recruiting size, something Reddy and Jones have not done.
Jak and Weller are small, Josh is not big, Zeb can fill out a bit , but recruitment has to take some blame, the Drags get size abnd athletes and teach them how to play.
Thats disappointing we havent learnt

Stagger eel

Staff member
Eelementary said:
We don't need backs.

Eele, if you have a look at our backline under contract for next year it looks a little like this.

1 Jarryd Hayne
2 Kris Inu
3 Ben Smith
4 Timana Tahu
5 Eric Grothe
6 Joel Reddy
7 Tim Smith.

underneath that, there's absolutely no one with firstgrade experiance and Inu hasn't even played first grade while Reddy and Hayne have played 5 between them. If we're going to lose Delaney, O'Dwyer, McKinnon, Jeremy, Williams, Peterson and Burt don't you think we'd need to sign 3 to 4 outside backs to replenish the depth?

we need backs as well as forwards, don't kid yourself with the amount of blokes we have under contract in our full time squad next season, at this stage we could be barely hit 20 players in the books...there's alot of work to be done in most areas between now and the end of the year to prepare for next year.

Delboy

First Grade
Recruitment ands retention is the key to our success.
Some quality backs and forwards are needed, actually rep standard forwards are a must if we are to do anything

Eelementary

Post Whore
I don't know.

PERSONALLY, I'm not big on the issue of "experience". If you're good enough, then play. But that's me.

I think we need better forwards, and our halves and backs will slaughter the comp next year.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I believe we need

* A Fullback/Winger of first grade standard ie: McDougall brothers or Anthony Quinn would do me.

* An X-Factor at 6, one who could turn a game with a blink of an eye ie: Lyon :pray:

* a backrower of represanative standard ie: Matua, Creigh, Myles or Stagg

* a frontrower/enforcer ie: O'Meally, Morely or Asotasi

let's concentrate on those 4 signings then see where we're at about looking for a couple of bargains here and there.

jayman

Juniors
eelavation said:
I believe we need

* A Fullback/Winger of first grade standard ie: McDougall brothers or Anthony Quinn would do me.

* An X-Factor at 6, one who could turn a game with a blink of an eye ie: Lyon :pray:

* a backrower of represanative standard ie: Matua, Creigh, Myles or Stagg

* a frontrower/enforcer ie: O'Meally, Morely or Asotasi

let's concentrate on those 4 signings then see where we're at about looking for a couple of bargains here and there.

exactly :clap:..couldnt have written it better my self...

personally.. i think some people are over estimating the quality of our backs.. of hayne reddy inu ... haynes the only one i think will be a fulltime top grade player...

and i agree with Delboy... we need size... big outside backs.. Ben Smith is a regular.. u cant say hes an up and coming player anymore.. hes an established first grader.. in our top side.. only the wing/fullback are up for grabs.. and like i said.. i dont see us playing reddy and hayne together.. i think there is a definite opening for a good winger

Sorry dude but you simply cannot compare Macdougall to Johns and Menzies.

sorry mate.. i wasnt comparing the 2.. i was merely stating.. u cant use age as a reason why u cant pick someone.. and no they arnt in the same class.. but u cant say he wouldnt be a good buy

not too long ago.. people were saying how good delaney would be.. and a few weeks later.. everyones bagging him out.. i think some people are too eager with our juniors.. too many big wraps.. folkes once said that from any PL team u prolly get 1-2 long term FG players.. i think that holds true here...

I think we need better forwards, and our halves and backs will slaughter the comp next year.

Dont get me wrong.. i definitly believe we need to recruit forwards.. and i agree with everything uve said about our forwards etc.. but after thats all done and dusted.. IF there is any cap remaining after lyon and the forwards.. which i think there will be.. a good top grade winger should be next on that list...

Eelementary

Post Whore
I understand what you guys are saying.

I just feel that first and foremost we need some GOOD props.

Then we can (in my opinion, HOPEFULLY) sign Lyon as a livewire 5/8.

The we can concentrate on signing some backs.

Pazza

First Grade
Adam MacDougall would be a great gain for the club. We have so many Young inexperianced outside backs and a guy like macdougall who has been there done that would really help in the development of these players. Ala Gary Larson Back in 2000 with our young forwards such as Ryan, I Hindmarsh, J Cayless and so on. He would prolly be more help off the field than on the field for this club. Even if he was only here for 1 year. It would be well worth it.

Macdougall would help taking the team forward aswell. Macdougall, Smith, Tahu and Grothe are big powerful players that would all make good ground comming out of our own end.

jayman

Juniors
exactly pazza....

u got 4 players all around the 100 kilo mark.. playing in ure back line...hark back to the days of lote and wendel.. u basically got forwards on ure wings...

not only does that relieve the pressure on our own line coming out...ud have the same effect as NSW has over Qlds backs.. Gould is always talking about having big fast mobile backs to compliment a strong pack..

man for man.. they would be impossible to stop...

dont underestimate what Mad Dog would bring.. iam hoping Hagan has some pull..ie that they didnt split on bad terms.. and even tahu buttering him up..

i dont think he'll be expensive.. around the 200 marks.. if that..

noosa-eel

Juniors
I have heard 3 possible rumours :

1. Dean Widders going to souths ?(already mentioned in another post)
2. John Morris going back to Newcastle ?
3. Wade Mckinnon going to England ?

As I said i have only heard these & can't confirm or deny if they are authentic.

The Colonel

Immortal
jayman said:
dont underestimate what Mad Dog would bring.. iam hoping Hagan has some pull..ie that they didnt split on bad terms.. and even tahu buttering him up..

i dont think he'll be expensive.. around the 200 marks.. if that..

MacDougall is talking about England. I'd be more interested in his brother as he is a much more durable player and has longer left in him. I don't underestimate what the bloke can do but its how long he can do it for is the problem.

$200k for Adam MacDougall is VERY expensive for someone who debuted over ten years ago and has only just recently played 100 games. Of the 58 he could have played at Souths he has missed at the very least 29.

T-BONE MCGRAW

Juniors
The Colonel said:
MacDougall is talking about England. I'd be more interested in his brother as he is a much more durable player and has longer left in him. I don't underestimate what the bloke can do but its how long he can do it for is the problem.

$200k for Adam MacDougall is VERY expensive for someone who debuted over ten years ago and has only just recently played 100 games. Of the 58 he could have played at Souths he has missed at the very least 29.

Couldn't agree more. Adam is probaly worth less than he is asking for while his brother would be a better option. However they may want to stay together.

If we are looking at Souths I believe Scott Geddes and Luke Stuart are still off contract. Either or both would be very handy additions. Some people may say they are injury prone but so was Stringer and he was one of our better players last year. These two players are also younger (I believe). They also would not be asking as much as the other players we are chasing like Creagh, O'Meley or Asotasi

Latest posts