What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warriors interested in Parramatta fullback

Eelementary

Post Whore
T-BONE MCGRAW said:
Couldn't agree more. Adam is probaly worth less than he is asking for while his brother would be a better option. However they may want to stay together.

If we are looking at Souths I believe Scott Geddes and Luke Stuart are still off contract. Either or both would be very handy additions. Some people may say they are injury prone but so was Stringer and he was one of our better players last year. These two players are also younger (I believe). They also would not be asking as much as the other players we are chasing like Creagh, O'Meley or Asotasi

Is it official now?

jayman

Juniors
yeah just read the mad dog article.. not many clubs are after him.. that sucks... there goes one of my hypotheticals...

number8

Juniors
McDougall is past it in my opinion.

As for forwards I'd like to see a few already at the club get bumped up in pay & only chase a few guys like say....... Nigel Plum from the Roosters or Newcastles Clint Newton & throw a heap at Steve Simpson to try get him across. I have no idea of the contract status of these guys but I do like the way they go about their business.

Failing that I'd like to see an Andrew Ryan or Jason Cayless come back home as soon as an opening in their contract presents. Lee Hopkins is another who I'd like to see get an opportunity in a good year for the Eels, huge ticker.

Above all though, I'd love to see David Solomona come back. Ecspecially if Widders goes to souths. I know they are different types of player but for mine they are of a similar on feild presence & offer much the same impact. I'd put Fui in that class too now! Bump his pay up for sure.

lucablight

First Grade
jayman said:
mmm that reminds me of another person people were talking like that about...

tahu was his name...yeah that guy.. all of newcastle was saying how rubbish he was injury wise.. coz the 2 yrs b4 he came.. he missed the majority of em..look at him now.. sure he misses the odd games.. but worth it

age shouldnt be a factor. ..look at menzies.. going great guns still..

i believe whoever picks him up with benefit from his presence greatly...

There is no comparison. Tahu was not a 31 year old. He just had alot of bad luck with injury and was always going to do well provided he got the opportunity. Speed probably isn't as important in the back row but you definitely need it to be a winger/centre/fullback.

lucablight

First Grade
Eelementary said:
It's a pain, isn't it?

So much is said about guys like Cordoba and Taia - but when they make the leap to First Grade, they struggle.

The Dragons young forwards, on the other hand...

Which "young" Dragon forwards are really good?

number8

Juniors
I thought Cordoba did ok & Zeb was very good in his couple of games. A few errors but nerves will do that. what he did do well, he done very well! They'll be alright.

James_Hardie

Juniors
lucablight said:
Which "young" Dragon forwards are really good?

Wicks
Henderson.

They are both REALLY good.

I would predict they will shine as better players than Sims and eventually Creagh.

lucablight

First Grade
James_Hardie said:
Wicks
Henderson.

They are both REALLY good.

I would predict they will shine as better players than Sims and eventually Creagh.

Wicks seems like a good player but he's still young so it's too early to comment. I don't really think Henderson is all that special. Out of the so called "young" forwards the dragons have the only one who I would really rate is Young. When Stringer came out and said Poore, Simms and Henderson were as good as Bailey and Ryles I thought it was very patronising to be honest.

James_Hardie

Juniors
Time will tell but I think Henderson will be better than Ryles.

He has a tonne of attacking potential like Ryles, but is alot smarter and more selective about when to pass and off load, even at such a young age.

The only thing Ryles has over Henderson at the moment is that he is engaged to Brownie's sister-in-law.

scottyeel

Bench
Back to the topic, this was in todays Sunday Telegraph:
No room for Wade
Wade McKinnon's future at the Eels is bleak with the fullback almost certain to leave the club at the end of the season.
Unsigned for 2007, McKinnon was hopeful of securing a new three year deal but the Eels have refused to budge on a two year contract.
With talks having stalled, McKinnon will test his value on the open market, with the Warriors interested.

Stagger eel

Staff member
scottyeel said:
Back to the topic, this was in todays Sunday Telegraph:
No room for Wade
Wade McKinnon's future at the Eels is bleak with the fullback almost certain to leave the club at the end of the season.
Unsigned for 2007, McKinnon was hopeful of securing a new three year deal but the Eels have refused to budge on a two year contract.
With talks having stalled, McKinnon will test his value on the open market, with the Warriors interested.

with the sort of players we currently have at our disposal a three year contract just isn't feasable.

Avenger

Immortal
eelavation said:
with the sort of players we currently have at our disposal a three year contract just isn't feasable.

Exactly. I think fullback I think Hayne. I also think Inu on the wing to replace Hayne's original spot in first grade.

Latest posts