What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warriors looking at Eel's Inu

parra pete

Referee
You're a hard man, Bigfella, a hard (but fair) man.....:lol:
Hope you had a good break with your family..have you changed jobs with a new email?

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/n...-freight-for-inu/story-e6frfgbo-1225818215041

Kiwis must pay full freight for Inu

* By Josh Massoud
* January 12, 2010 12:00AM

THE New Zealand Warriors will have to pay full price if they want Kiwi international Krisnan Inu this season.

Parramatta officials are reluctant to release Inu, but will consider doing so if the Warriors agree to take on his entire $275,000 contract.

Although Inu is tipped to be the odd man out in Parramatta's slick backline when Timana Tahu's two-match suspension clears, a player of his calibre will come in handy when Jarryd Hayne goes off on Origin duty.

don't make a massive mistake and let him go :evil:

If anyone is doubting INU, they should have a look at the Bulldogs semi last season.. He tore them a new one. Inu is brilliant.

Same people bagging Inu were pretty much bagging Hayne in the last 2 seasons.

Can't even believe people are considering not even having him in the team. His footwork and skill are amazing.

Yesterday I gave a rap to the tele but after Massouds little paragraph today.... I'll take it back.

Gronk

Staff member
The thing is if INU! doesn't want to play in NZ this year, this is all a waste of time.

TheRam

Coach
Inu is awesome. He is an offloading master out in the centres, amazing footwork and brilliant finisher, who can also defend now. He is not living on potential anymore since he got his sh*t together half way through last season and in the team we have this year I hate to say it, but the odd man out imo and I don't say this lightly, should be Ready.

If we let him go, it will go down as one of Parra's GREATEST mistakes. Especially this year ffs.....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

LEAVE THIS TEAM ALONE ALREADY!!!

Now is not a time for tinkering with the makeup of the squad. There is a reason the bookies have made us NRL favorites and Inu is an integral part of that.

Please Ozzy don't let it be so. Don't even think of such a thing. PLEEEEASE!!!

Last edited:

Gronk

Staff member
Inu is awesome. He is an offloading master out in the centres, amazing footwork and brilliant finisher, who can also defend now. He is not living on potential anymore since he got his sh*t together half way through last season and in the team we have this year I hate to say it, but the odd man out imo and I don't say this lightly, should be Ready.

If we let him go, it will go down as one of Parra's GREATEST mistakes. Especially this year ffs.....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now is not a time for tinkering with the makeup of the squad. There is a reason the bookies have made us NRL favorites and Inu is an integral part of that.

Personally I think Inu has evolved into a bit of a myth. People are still in a spin about what he did all those years ago on the wing. Since then he's done SFA for 2 seasons. If letting him go gives us some room under the cap so we can pay Tahu without having to load his contract next year or if it means that we can blood some of the kids without cap pain, then I say do it. :arrow:

he was good coming inot h end of the season and i remember how good he looked outside tahu, and like what has already been said, tahu will spend time on the sidelines and then there is SOO, so the odd man out, whoever it is, WILL get time on the top side.

Would be good to be in DA's head to get a feeling about what he is thinking in regards to the team lineup come round 1?

The Colonel

Immortal
Big mistake to let a player of his calibre go this early in the season...... Origin, injuries and form will play a big part in the season and while he may be on decent money you don't let him go before his time is out. We've done that in the past only to see them kick on to better things in the past. Tahu wants him here and I'm pretty sure that players like Hayne and Mateo will as well.

TheRam

Coach
Personally I think Inu has evolved into a bit of a myth. People are still in a spin about what he did all those years ago on the wing. Since then he's done SFA for 2 seasons. If letting him go gives us some room under the cap so we can pay Tahu without having to load his contract next year or if it means that we can blood some of the kids without cap pain, then I say do it. :arrow:

I have all but forgotten Inu's exploits of 2-3 years ago. I am talking about what he was doing in the second half of last season.

Gronk

Staff member
I have all but forgotten Inu's exploits of 2-3 years ago. I am talking about what he was doing in the second half of last season.

If the coach agreed with you, he would not have given Inu permission to shop around for 2010. ;-)

The Colonel

Immortal
If the coach agreed with you, he would not have given Inu permission to shop around for 2010. ;-)

They've shopped Burt, Grothe, Inu, Oake and Hauraki around though Gronk. Methinks it has more to do with who is the most attractive prospect in terms of the salary cap as opposed to how well they did or didn't play. ;-)

Stagger eel

Staff member
it would be absolutely ludicrious to consider letting a guy of his ability go so close out to the start of the season, there's no doubt that his over paid and his form reflects that however with T's dodgy Hammy and Guru's shaky back we need all 7 outside backs (including Jono) ready to take up the challenge.

keep the whole squad how it is.

Bigfella

Coach
Inu played some top level footy during our run last year and I believe he is back on track.tbh I think the club have tried to scapegoat an outside back largely due to cayless contract being backended and already being overs. Doesn't seem fair to inu or help us for depth.
Inu is capable of being a world class outside back but certainly needs to show consistency.
He played a world class game two games ago. Tabu hasn't done so for more than two years. I can't agree we have the luxury of opting to give him to a rival to sign a bloke who has been out two years and is injury prone anyway.

spiderdan

Bench

despite being close to our best against melb and saints in last year's finals series i actually think grothe is the odd man out. grothe's biggest attribute is his ability to take pressure off the forwards by making running metres. inu makes a fair few metres as well out of our red zone but is better and cleaning up kicks and reading defence. i don't think there's too much difference in their offloading ability.

with the addition of poore and shack we should have a lot more go forward which would negate some of the need for eric's main strength.

Delboy

First Grade
To be frank, I don't think Inu wants to go anywhere, and probably won't if he has a decent season.

Could be a reflection of the inability to move a couple of players that were signed late in the reign of our previous coach. Hopefully Inu goes to battle this year and proves his worth