What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warriors looking at Eel's Inu

I encourage people to have another look at the Bulldogs semi, he was awesome. And probably our best player along with FUI. His footwork and skill is amazing.

He had a bad start to 2009 but so did the WHOLE team. Even Benny Smith was dropped also ... but I don't see the get rid of him comments for Smith.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I encourage people to have another look at the Bulldogs semi, he was awesome. And probably our best player along with FUI. His footwork and skill is amazing.

He had a bad start to 2009 but so did the WHOLE team. Even Benny Smith was dropped also ... but I don't see the get rid of him comments for Smith.

he may of played great against the bulldogs but his overall season was dissapointing by his standard and his pay packet, shall we talk about how we're going to miss Lowrie after he was our best against the Titans in the semi?

Ben Smith is a much more important member in the side imo, given that he's now playing in a position which he's started to excel in and the fact that we're not exactly flush with depth in the backrow.

The Colonel

Immortal
the problem is the size of his pay packet...

The problem with the size of his pay packet is the club's problem though, not his. He accepted the deal he was offered..... while he may not have played to that pay packet, they still have to pay him.

yy_cheng

Coach
I still think INU is still at the Potential stage only.

He has all the attributes to make it but I feel he is a) Not consistent and b) still immature in his decision making.

Last year, he still threw some wild passes for the sake of not being tackled with the ball. Like Mateo, they have to be measured.

I think that Hayne will help INU's game. They are mates. Hayne knows that INU is under pressure and mates will help mates. Considering now that Hayne's future is settled and they are not competing for a contract like the last time. Furthermore, they know each other's game. I recall during an interview with INU, he said that Hayne has been doing this since he was playing backyard footy.

You will see Hayne (who is our playmaker) use INU more. There were times last year that Hayne went to link with INU instead of the other support. (I thought he should've used the other support.) Hayne will pass to him more and kick to him more and INU's confidence will grow.

With a backline of flashy players, I just think we need a stable head like Reddy there. A mister fix it.

And so, I think Grothe should be moulded as a 2nd rower. Get his fitness up and get his back right.

He rucks it out already like a 2nd rower and it's defense that he needs to be retrained in.

1. Hayne
2. Reddy (Interchanges with INU now and again)
3. Inu
4. Tahu
5. Burt
6. Mortz
7. Robson/KK
8. Caylo
9. MK
10.Poore
11.Hindy
12.Smith
13.Mateo

14. KK/Robson
15. FFMM
16. Mannah
17. Shack/Grothe

Grothe to come on and do Hell Yeah for short periods.

yy_cheng

Coach
The problem with the size of his pay packet is the club's problem though, not his. He accepted the deal he was offered..... while he may not have played to that pay packet, they still have to pay him.

I agree.

The thing is is that INU probably does as much as any other centre in the comp. Maybe not as consistent though.

It's us who expects more from him. It was similar with Hayne.

But the jump from being good and then to jump to your full potential is alot harder than what we think.

Hayne did it and I honestly believed that Finch's move was the catalyst for this.

When Hayne had to take on more responsibility, he became more confident. When Finch was still here, Finch was the main playmaker and Hayne one of the accessories.

I think INU has to be more involved in him game rather than just sitting out wide and wait.

eel4life

Juniors
We have the 3 Amigos ...

Mateo, Jarryd and Inu ..

Now that we have Tahu ...

We have morphed into the Fantastic 4 ...

Genuine Game Breakers ...

only player i was sad to see leave from last season was Joe, i think he played very well for us ...

I cant wait to see the 4 guys play together this year ... its gonna be fun to watch ...

The Colonel

Immortal
Ben Smith is a much more important member in the side imo, given that he's now playing in a position which he's started to excel in and the fact that we're not exactly flush with depth in the backrow.

That is an interesting one though. The debate we are having now is very reminscient of the one that was had in regard to Ben last year - his paypacket, the length of his contract and would we better off finding a club that would take him off our hands. Many would now consider him to be an important player in the team.

It is interesting what difference a season makes...... ;-)

Inu's start to the season wasn't very good. The finish was much better. While many won't accept a clean slate to start this one, he will be judged solely on what he does this year in terms of contract negotiations.....

Last edited:

dazeely

First Grade
I still think INU is still at the Potential stage only.

He has all the attributes to make it but I feel he is a) Not consistent and b) still immature in his decision making.

Last year, he still threw some wild passes for the sake of not being tackled with the ball. Like Mateo, they have to be measured.

I think that Hayne will help INU's game. They are mates. Hayne knows that INU is under pressure and mates will help mates. Considering now that Hayne's future is settled and they are not competing for a contract like the last time. Furthermore, they know each other's game. I recall during an interview with INU, he said that Hayne has been doing this since he was playing backyard footy.

You will see Hayne (who is our playmaker) use INU more. There were times last year that Hayne went to link with INU instead of the other support. (I thought he should've used the other support.) Hayne will pass to him more and kick to him more and INU's confidence will grow.

Agree to disagree IMO. Inu Is I winger. Inu to play in jersey 18. Backup for injuries and rep duties. Noticed you had shack/grothe on bench. Definately not fair leaving either of them out of team. Until inu turns his form and consistency around ( and obviously depending on trial form) then let him play for wenty.

With a backline of flashy players, I just think we need a stable head like Reddy there. A mister fix it.

And so, I think Grothe should be moulded as a 2nd rower. Get his fitness up and get his back right.

He rucks it out already like a 2nd rower and it's defense that he needs to be retrained in.

1. Hayne
2. Reddy (Interchanges with INU now and again)
3. Inu
4. Tahu
5. Burt
6. Mortz
7. Robson/KK
8. Caylo
9. MK
10.Poore
11.Hindy
12.Smith
13.Mateo

14. KK/Robson
15. FFMM
16. Mannah
17. Shack/Grothe

Grothe to come on and do Hell Yeah for short periods.

The Colonel

Immortal
Krisnan Inu has agent has played down reports linking the Parramatta Eels centre to the Warriors.
The Warriors have expressed their interest in the Kiwis back in recent months, but that seems to be news to Titan Management, who represents Inu.
In a short email, Titan Management player agent Isaac Moses said he knows nothing about the Warriors trying to secure the players services.
Sydney's Daily Telegraph reported on Tuesday that the Warriors would have to take on Inu's 275 thousand dollar a year contract if they want to lure him from the Eels.
They also said Parramatta are reluctant to release the star, but would consider the offer if the Warriors paid out his entire contract.
The Eels could well be keen to gain something out of selling the Kiwi international, who figures to be on the outer behind players like Jarryd Hayne and Timana Tahu.
However, Parra may decide to keep Inu around as cover for injuries as well as during State of Origin time.

http://tvnz.co.nz/rugby-league-news/inu-s-agent-denies-warriors-link-3328097

84 Baby

Referee
who figures to be on the outer behind players like Jarryd Hayne and Timana Tahu
Just like the other 3-4 guys in the mix. In fact I'd say there are only 3 players who will be definite starters - Hayne, Tahu & Hindmarsh. Every player is behind these 3 and has at least one guy who could easily take his spot

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Just like the other 3-4 guys in the mix. In fact I'd say there are only 3 players who will be definite starters - Hayne, Tahu & Hindmarsh. Every player is behind these 3 and has at least one guy who could easily take his spot

Id say Fui Fui would/should be a definate starter, but I fail to see why Tahu is an automatic starter other then reputation. Granted I havent seen anyone of these players at training so who knows.

If I had to put money on it, Id say the only players that would definatly start are Hayne and Hindmarsh. I think I read somewhere that Hindmarsh was injured but should be available for round 1. If something goes wrong he could be out.

The Colonel

Immortal

Tahu has spent the past two seasons in and out of the Waratah and Wallaby sides - from the bench to the starting side to the injury list and back again - what, if anything suggests he will be an automatic starter?

He will miss the first two trial games through suspension. For his sake I hope that Inu and Reddy don't get an early jump on him form wise.