What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warriors looking at Eel's Inu

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Warriors looking at Eel's Inu

THE New Zealand Warriors reportedly want to sign up Parramatta's Krisnan Inu as the Kiwi club continues their search for an outside back for next season.

The New Zealand Herald newspaper reported that the return of Timana Tahu to the Eels from rugby union meant that Parramatta has a wealth of talent at the back and out wide.

"The suspicion is that could create difficulties under the salary cap, with the need to foot wages for the likes of Jarryd Hayne, Eric Grothe jnr, Joel Reddy and Luke Burt," the report said. "If that happens and Inu, who was injured late last season and missed most of Parramatta's thrilling run to the playoffs, becomes available, the Warriors would be interested."

Inu is off contract at the end of next season. He is seen as an excellent recruit, not only for his ability but also his Kiwis connections which could bring extra fans to games.

Warriors chief executive Wayne Scurrah said: "He's the type of player we're looking for and we're aware he's off contract at the end of 2010. In terms of a time frame, we've made some inquiries - it doesn't look like there are any opportunities this year but we're still interested if circumstances change."

The Warriors had shown previous interest in goalkicking wing and fullback Burt who has since re-signed with the 2009 grand finalists. Even though the club is believed to have salary cap cash to play with, Scurrah has stressed the need for quality rather than just making up the numbers.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/warriors-looking-at-eels-inu/story-e6frexnr-1225815279372

Redback71

First Grade
where really gonna struggle to keep our boys next year i think. but if clubs like the storm can keep theirs i cant see why the eels cant keep there best stock also.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Haha, at this rate, we're gonna lose Mateo, Mortimer, Inu, Grothe, Cayless, Fui Fui and Burt. We're screwed :lol:

strider

Post Whore
Haha, at this rate, we're gonna lose Mateo, Mortimer, Inu, Grothe, Cayless, Fui Fui and Burt. We're screwed :lol:
but we'll have lots of cap space .... oh hang on, we are putting that all to hayne's $3.5m per season upgrade :lol:

Fathead

Bench
Personally I think that if Inu doesnt have a stellar year, he will be lost to whomever wants him.
He has the potential to be a world class player but so far under the reign of Ando, he has failed to show it.
This is his watershed year. I do hope that he is training the house down and ramping up that aggression because he is going to have to come out with all 8 cylinders firing.
If he comes out with that 'dont really care ' attitude, whether this attitude is real or perceived, he will be punted.

parra pete

Referee
As I have posted previously, Inu, Grothe and Burt...were offered to Clubs by the CEO. One of the Clubs was keen on Inu, but he didn't want to go to them.
I will be mildly surprised if one of either Krisnan or EGJ is still with the Eels in 2010.
Hope I'm wrong, but that is a feeling I have..and I know Sevens has been on here and said it is all bullsh*t..It seems to me that there is a problem with managing the Salary Cap to keep everyone happy..something has to give, and I have a feeling it is going to be one of the 'classy backs'..

Stagger eel

Staff member
As I have posted previously, Inu, Grothe and Burt...were offered to Clubs by the CEO. One of the Clubs was keen on Inu, but he didn't want to go to them.
I will be mildly surprised if one of either Krisnan or EGJ is still with the Eels in 2010.
Hope I'm wrong, but that is a feeling I have..and I know Sevens has been on here and said it is all bullsh*t..It seems to me that there is a problem with managing the Salary Cap to keep everyone happy..something has to give, and I have a feeling it is going to be one of the 'classy backs'..

ofcourse there's been problems managing the salary cap, the contracts of Weller, Oake and Caylo were signed when Hages and Hill were still here and they're all on very good coin, infact Caylo is at the tail end of a backloaded deal which sees his contract bill to around 400K this year..both Weller and Oake are over 100 I believe.

Gaffman

Juniors
Inu adores Tahu, he'll stick around for a while yet.

For mine, EGJ can find a new home, I know he has his band and stuff but i can't understand why this bloke isn't mad keen for a stint in the UK.

Stagger eel

Staff member
having said that, the only classy back that will leave is EGJ, if he has the right offer infront of him and as of today it appears he'a still waiting.

parra pete

Referee
That's good then...I am looking forward to 2010..and I will let what happens after that take care of itself. There is always someone to fill someone's shoes and 'there ain't nuffin we can do about it'...so to quote George 'Dubya' Bush ..."The future will be better tomorrow."

Suitman

Post Whore
That's good then...I am looking forward to 2010..and I will let what happens after that take care of itself. There is always someone to fill someone's shoes and 'there ain't nuffin we can do about it'...so to quote George 'Dubya' Bush ..."The future will be better tomorrow."

The future only looked better when Dubya left office.

Suity

Stagger eel

Staff member

Absolutely, a classic example would be that both Saints and the Dogs finished the season 1, 2 respectively and that was just after they lost Gasnier and SBW...

no player is irreplaceable, and that includes the Golden child....:lol: