What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

warriors next week

Macca_

Coach
Like any game it won't be easy. But its made even more harder if you don't show up thinking that way.

However, the confidence is sky high at the moment, its going to be hard for them to go over there thinking about nothing less than a win.

Put simply, if we show up and play like we have in recent weeks, it should be enough barring a major performance from the Warriors.

The coaching staff will have a game plan and if we play to it and don't make a heap of errors and missed tackles we will be to strong.

On the Warriors game vs the Storm, they got out of jail at the end for mine. The Storm came back from 20-4 to 20-16 and were coming at them. The Warriors looked tired and were not getting out of their own half but for 2 50-75m line breaks. Also added to that were a couple of silly errors and penalties that really hurt the Storm. The bomb followed by a miraculous catch from Byrne got the home. I dunno what others though but I felt they got out of jail.

I don't expect us to give them that chance. If we start well, we'll be to strong at the finish line.

Macca_

mickdo

Coach
eelavation said:
all but 1 Warriors trys came from Kicks against the Storm.
That's awful. Our defence from kicks has been very good of late (excepting the game vs the Cheats). McKinnon's positional play was back to its high standard on the weekend.

fridge

how much is tahu on !

hey, if souths can reportedly offer anasta 800k a season, i wouldnt be surprised if we were paying tahu 1.2 mill a year !!!!!

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
When we first signed Tahu, it said on NRL.com that Tahu had agreed to terms for two years with an option of a third, on a deal reportedly worth $400,000 a season.

mickdo

Coach
ParraDude_Jay said:
When we first signed Tahu, it said on NRL.com that Tahu had agreed to terms for two years with an option of a third, on a deal reportedly worth $400,000 a season.
That was probably 'reported' by Roy Hardly...

Macca_

Coach
Thought that was the case Coach.

Teams who take their 'home game' over there, have a good record hey.

May it continue!

Macca_

Nickeel

Juniors
... because someone has to say it. :lol:

Honestly though, it will be a test - I would feel a lot more assured if we had kept the game at home - but in saying that, I feel supremely assured anyway, and am 'quietly confident' we will extend the winning streak to six (and then seven, but one game at a time).

Anyone making the trip over? :)

Nick

Hurriflatch

Referee
Macca_ said:
Thought that was the case Coach.

Teams who take their 'home game' over there, have a good record hey.

May it continue!

Macca_

Yeah but those games have been in Christchurch or Wellington which is a fair distance fro Auckland.

Hamilton is like going from Sydney to Katoomba

fish eel

Immortal
Warriors will be tough.

They're only two points outside the top 8 and will know they need to start winning games back to back. Still, this is a game we should win and must win if we are to stay on track for a top 4 finish.

ozbash

Referee
there needs to be sheep

no sheep in the waikato, you,ll have to bring your own.
lots of cows tho, mooloo country, cowbells.

just got our tix and there are going to be a lot of people there according to the bods selling them.

mickdo

Coach
ozbash said:
there needs to be sheep

no sheep in the waikato, you,ll have to bring your own.
I'm sure ewes Warriors supporters will bring at least one each.

Macca_

Coach
Yeah but those games have been in Christchurch or Wellington which is a fair distance fro Auckland.

Hamilton is like going from Sydney to Katoomba

True mate. But not a home away from home I guess. They still have plenty of support at the other grounds.

Macca_

the rebel

Juniors
being a resident of the waikato i can't wait for the game on saturday night. should be a bumper crowd for the match upwards of 20,000. though iam a staunch warriors supporter , iam gonna find it hard to cheer against parramatta. i have to thank the parramatta club for playing the game over here. Many residents of the waikato are gonna see Nrl for the fiirst time and will see there is more to rugby league than the warriors. As a live spectacle league is awesome and i can't wait to show my union mates how great rugby league is.

The Colonel

Immortal
the rebel said:
being a resident of the waikato i can't wait for the game on saturday night. should be a bumper crowd for the match upwards of 20,000. though iam a staunch warriors supporter , iam gonna find it hard to cheer against parramatta. i have to thank the parramatta club for playing the game over here. Many residents of the waikato are gonna see Nrl for the fiirst time and will see there is more to rugby league than the warriors. As a live spectacle league is awesome and i can't wait to show my union mates how great rugby league is.

Great stuff mate. Hopefully a few of the Waikato locals can get behind our boys and its done as a regular event.

Latest posts