What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

warriors next week

Redback71

First Grade
the warriors biggest problem is they make to many errors and drop the ball to much so if we tidy up and stop making stupid errors like on the weekend we should win

Eelementary

Post Whore
Doesn't matter how big their pack is or how wet the ground is.

We have confident, fit and happy players playing in a great team coached by two very capable men.

I guess being an Eels supporter, there is always a tiny amount of doubt and skepticism in the back of your mind regarding whether or not the team can win a certain match.

But slowly but surely that skepticism is evaporating.

We're the real deal.

gustarny

Juniors
I was told on sat night that T would be back for the rooters game we are travelling well why risk bringing him back to early .

Hurriflatch

Referee
mickdo said:
I seem to remember every time we have played in NZ since 01 we had a lot of young players being blooded for some reason, who put up a very good fight but never quite got the cash. The side we will be sending over this time will be much stronger, and in much better form.

also had to blood a lot of kids in 2000

In fact in 2000 the avg age of the team was 20 and there were about 6-7 teenagers in the side including Lyon, Vaealiki, Robinson and Irvine. Parra win 11-10

IN 2002 players like Ashley Graham and Matt Petersen (playing fullback) made there debuts while the likes of Tonga, Richards, Russo, Mogg and Meads were late call ups into the side when players pulled out. Parra lose by 22-10 (from memory)

In 2003 Michael Witt played his 2nd 1st grade game and missed 2c goals from right in front as Parra went down 14-12.

In 2004 Chris Thorman scored his one and only try in 1st grade as an Eel, Matt Petersen was denied a fair try in the 1st half as Parra go down 20-10

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
mickdo said:
We are very good in the wet. I don't think that would be an issue.

We took you buggers in the wet last year.

The ground should be dewy, it was slippery for the Lions/Maori game that kicked off at 7:30 local time.

Should be good fun, good luck.

hindy_fan

Juniors
i think we should maybe rest tahu until next week when we take on the roosters,im not sure if tahu would be 100% yet and i wouldnt want to risk him against the warriors.

ozbash

Referee
you guys are under the impression the warriors pack is huge, its not.
the big bloke is paleasina who has lost a lot of weight since last season.
the warriors are very fit, very mobile.

we do make a lot of errors but thats because of the boys style of play, the old polynesian flair. sometimes it works, sometimes it dont....

we will have sione faumuina back for this game and he will enjoy the eels open style of play.
we should have manu vatuvei back on the wing and he will hurt whoever he is marking.

guttenbiel and toopi are not having the best of seasons, te mata and louie anderson are playing well.
meli is on a final warning (which could work for us),
both sides look pretty even to me.

its going to be great to see pj back, he,ll get one hell of a welcome.

waikato stadium is a great place to watch footy, the locals are sports fanatics. we played a pre-season against the drags premier league side couple of seasons ago, close to a full house.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Vatuvei should be marking Grothe I think, he's usually a left winger? If he's marking Burt I think we'll be in trouble, but Grothe won't struggle against him, both very powerful though.

fridge said:
stacey jones doesn't have 2002-3 form but he's got a deft little kicking game.

man if third in the dally m voting is not good form for him then i wonder what is good form. he was awesome last weekend so look out i will be at waikato stadium to cheer the warriors on. and pj.

fridge

man if third in the dally m voting is not good form for him then i wonder what is good form. he was awesome last weekend so look out i will be at waikato stadium to cheer the warriors on. and pj.

cmon douglasallen, u have to admit the biggest reason u warriors went crap all of a sudden is stacey jones' form disappearing. in 2002 and 2003 he was probably the second best half in the game, some ppl were even saying he was better than johns, but he's disappeared since then. he had a solid game last week but by no means awesome.

if u think he played awesome last week, then you're gonna cream ur pants when u see tim smith play.

and ozbash, u know u boys are not very fit. reason why u fellas lose is because u can't keep the same intensity for 80 mins ! and whatever happened to meli and toopi. toopi was the 2nd best centre in the game behind jamie lyon, and meli used to be able to power any winger in the game. dude used to score hat tricks like nothing.

and to be honest, we have no idea what type of game the eels will be playing next week. brian smith is one of the most methodical coaches out there, and he has very strict game plans. heck, he might decide the team will be running out of dummy half most possessions !

mickdo

Coach
fridge said:
he might decide the team will be running out of dummy half most possessions !
On the back end of each half, that would be my bet. The Warriors definitely seem to tire more than other forward packs.

Stagger eel

Staff member
They'll be 4 blokes doing OT this week to make sure we get home on saturday night.

Peter Sharp: not only will he be carefully viewing fottage of their win against Melbourne but he'll be going through their other victorys this year, he'll spend time today and tomorrow working ouit ways to stop their forward progress.

Guru, peto and Wade: Brian should send Timmy and Morrie pestering these three with kicks close to the goal line for the rest of the week and also make sure all the footballs are wet make them as challenging as possible because Stacy Jones will give us hell on saturday night.

I would basically choose the same side leaving out Tahu as I don't think the conditions will help Timana coming back from injury.

fridge

that's a good idea eela, never thought about that before.

in training we should recreate their team and environment as much as possible. things like a good short kicking game. running the ball on the last tackle. the players should put their hands on hips after 10 mins of game time. there needs to be sheep.

i disagree with u about tahu though, i reckon he should play as soon as he is ready. for 400k a year that fella wouldnt be bludging at home on my watch !

Stagger eel

Staff member
fridge said:
that's a good idea eela, never thought about that before.

in training we should recreate their team and environment as much as possible. things like a good short kicking game. running the ball on the last tackle. the players should put their hands on hips after 10 mins of game time. there needs to be sheep.

i disagree with u about tahu though, i reckon he should play as soon as he is ready. for 400k a year that fella wouldnt be bludging at home on my watch !

all but 1 Warriors trys came from Kicks against the Storm.

Latest posts