What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warriors to Sign Sam Tomkins

spear tackle

Juniors
Not reading much into it until (if ever) theres an article that says "Warriors HAVE signed Sam Tomkins" and he actually shows up and doesn't run screaming from the building as soon as he arrives.
The whoile player swap has always bemused me it's kind of reminecent of slavery.

WireMan

Bench
i heard at the other end of the grapevine that the three players were Locke, a reserve Second rower (don't know the name) and Leuluai going back to Wigan.

But the chances are if i start from my end and you lot start from your end of the grapevine and walk towards each other there will be a big piece of bullsh*t in the middle... :)

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
i heard at the other end of the grapevine that the three players were Locke, a reserve Second rower (don't know the name) and Leuluai going back to Wigan.

But the chances are if i start from my end and you lot start from your end of the grapevine and walk towards each other there will be a big piece of bullsh*t in the middle... :)

I can see it being TL, after he already left wigan.
Unless he left wigan because he fell out with Sam Tomkins, or he has an old flame over there lol

Also you would think TL would replace Friend at hooker or at least be bench hooker.
Friend, will at least consider retirement you would think.

Locke or Fish, would in theory carved over there and also command a good salary.
Fish, in particular could gain quite a bit.

like mentioned above, this will only be done if it benefits some of teh players.

hitman82

Bench
Sorry Ropo haters, we couldn't really be trading off contract players.
Here's the list I compiled on another forum, should be fairly up to date:

Current squad / Year contract expires:

Glen Fisiiahi 2015
Ben Henry 2015
Konrad Hurrell 2015
Simon Mannering 2015
Ben Matulino 2015
Dane Nielsen 2015
Thomas Leuluai 2015
Dominique Peyroux 2015
Russell Packer 2014
Shaun Johnson 2014
Jacob Lillyman 2014
John Palavi 2014
Sam Rapira 2014
Bill Tupou 2014
Todd Lowrie 2014
Harry Siejka 2014
Nathan Friend 2013
Pita Godinet 2013
Kevin Locke 2013
Sam Lousi 2013
Sione Lousi 2013
Alehana Mara 2013
Feleti Mateo 2013
Jerome Ropati 2013
Manu Vatuvei 2013
Steve Rapira 2013

Carlos Tuimavave Contract length unknown
Sio Siua Taukeiaho Contract length unknown
Sebastine Ikahihifo Contract length unknown
Suaia Matagi Contract length unknown
Charlie Gubb Contract length unknown
Elijah Taylor 2013 - Contracted to Penrith from 2014

Contractual status unknown:

Ivan Penehe
Dylan Collier
Nathaniel Peteru
Atelea Nafetali
Siliva Havili
Atu Tupou
Nathaniel Peteru
Siulongua Fotofili
Jethro Friend

The main weird one is Nathan Friend I believe is under an option clause, so technically he could still be under contract for another year.

Of that bunch, Wigan would likely want a spine player, a forward and a young potential star.

Fish, Tui, Friend.

hitman82

Bench
Probably no better than Locke.

:lol: have you not seen Tomkins at international level?! He's the best player in the ESL, would be second only to Slater as far as fullbacks go, and can also play well in the halves.

Meth

Staff member
:lol: have you not seen Tomkins at international level?! He's the best player in the ESL, would be second only to Slater as far as fullbacks go, and can also play well in the halves.

I wonder if that's the plan

hitman82

Bench
I wonder if that's the plan

I hope so. I would love to see this team:

1 Locke
2 Laumape
3 Hurrell
4 Nielsen
5 Vatuvei
6 Johnson
7 Tomkins
8 Package
9 Friend / Leuluai if Friend leaves
10 Matulino
11 Mannering
12 Powerful new second rower
13 Lowrie

14 Martel / Sam Lousi if Martel leaves
15 Rapira
16 Lillyman
17 Benry / Godinet / Leuluai if Friend remains

chrisD

Coach

I've seen him plenty, he'd struggle to make the top 8 fullbacks in the NRL.

vvvrulz

Coach
I've seen him plenty, he'd struggle to make the top 8 fullbacks in the NRL.

I've never seem him play and yet I'll still blindly vouch for this.

I don't care how good he is in the ESL, the NRL is so far above it to the degree that almost every NRL club would comfortably thrash the best ESL club.

I expect him (if he comes here) to be decent at best, pretty much where Locke is. And if not that, worse.

vvvrulz

Coach
Mara may be one of the players earmarked for trade.

Which sucks... he has a lot of potential but gets no game time. How Taylor got ahead of him at hooker is inexcusable unless he was injured for all those games.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Cant see any truth behind this.

If there is, you'd be looking at 3 of the star names of those off contract, Vatuvei probably, Mateo perhaps? Locke?

I find it funny people are suggesting Ropati, Mara, Steve Raprira and Fish.
You really think they'd let an international player go for either an injury prone centre and 2 bit part, non-regular 1st graders?

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Cant see any truth behind this.

If there is, you'd be looking at 3 of the star names of those off contract, Vatuvei probably, Mateo perhaps? Locke?

I find it funny people are suggesting Ropati, Mara, Steve Raprira and Fish.
You really think they'd let an international player go for either an injury prone centre and 2 bit part, non-regular 1st graders?

How can we trade them for 2014 when they're not contracted to us yet for 2014?

It would be like us trying to offer Taylor as a trade.