What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wash up v Panfas with special guest Chad Townsend

It’s to the point that if you are looking excuses for chad, I have to assume you are his wife, mum, dad, etc etc
who is making excuses? He had an average game. Kicking was good, but he doesnt have enough pace to do some things required, behind a beaten pack & he hasnt formed a combination yet with our spine.
Do I think he has the ability to form a lethal combination with Brailey, Johnson & Moylan? Yes I do. Absolutely lethal. Does he deserves the pasting he is copping on here? Absolutely not. he was far from our worst player last night.

Card Shark

Immortal
I’m a Chad fan but he WAS our worst player.

Passing & kicking game was terrible.

Use of the wind very poor.

snout

First Grade
His last tackle options were a live performance to rival milli vanilli.

Absolutely bottom of the barrel.
He definately had money on the pantherz.

Actually one of the worst performacnes this year was Moylan. Kennedy wasnt great. Next worse would be Mulitalo against Broncos. Then there was the game against the Titans, where everybody except Chad was awful. So, you are a long way off too. But I don't expect much from your footy analysis to be honest. its funny , like watching homeless drunks fight.

shadowboxer

First Grade
I can understand defending chads positive history or even early this years performances, but last night was up there as one of his worst. Why we are debating the level of his crap-ness is a waste of time, he was rubbish. Move on

I claim his performacne was poor , because we were poor, extremely poor, with go forward. Penrith looked good, becasue they went forward extremely well. Especially with the refs having a different interpretation over when a player was held.

MilkShark

First Grade
who is making excuses? He had an average game. Kicking was good, but he doesnt have enough pace to do some things required, behind a beaten pack & he hasnt formed a combination yet with our spine.
Do I think he has the ability to form a lethal combination with Brailey, Johnson & Moylan? Yes I do. Absolutely lethal. Does he deserves the pasting he is copping on here? Absolutely not. he was far from our worst player last night.
If that was an “average” game from him, a bad game must be absolutely horrifying to watch.

MilkShark

First Grade
I claim his performacne was poor , because we were poor, extremely poor, with go forward. Penrith looked good, becasue they went forward extremely well. Especially with the refs having a different interpretation over when a player was held.
So he was poor BECAUSE the team was poor?

Is that the excuse?

Sure reads that way

Marchad

Juniors
The chip to the head that led to the try just before halftime was just a touch of class. The skill it must of taken to hit the Penrith players head to get the perfect falcon would be astronomical.
Than not to be outdone. The grubber straight to the Penrith players legs in the second half when there was no kick on. Was just so inspirational.

MilkShark

First Grade
The chip to the head that led to the try just before halftime was just a touch of class. The skill it must of taken to hit the Penrith players head to get the perfect falcon would be astronomical.
Than not to be outdone. The grubber straight to the Penrith players legs in the second half when there was no kick on. Was just so inspirational.
Mate, this guy has won a grand final. That kind of stuff is easy for him

The other 9 kicks? no good? 2 repeats sets? no good? The bombs? no good? the fact we kciked fewer times than Penrith , but kicked for metres, no good? Yep just highlight those 2, 1 was a brain fart, the other happens every game, every week, even by the competition leading half backs

Quigs

Immortal

Credit where credit is dew..... he perfected that against the Warriors a couple of weeks back.

txta2

Bench
The other 9 kicks? no good? 2 repeats sets? no good? The bombs? no good? the fact we kciked fewer times than Penrith , but kicked for metres, no good? Yep just highlight those 2, 1 was a brain fart, the other happens every game, every week, even by the competition leading half backs
The competition leading halfbacks can do heads up plays. Chad can't, he tries, but he can't. And making those plays that he can't pull off at critical times of the game hurts the team.

Special K

Coach
Townsend is f**ked. He wouldn’t dare try those dumb f**k chip n chase plays with Flanno around. Let alone twice in a season.

Townsend is f**ked. He wouldn’t dare try those dumb f**k chip n chase plays with Flanno around. Let alone twice in a season.
Correct. Remember when this forum, yourself included hated Flanno one dimensional play so much, it became known as Flanno Ball?
Rememebr the ongoing threads about sack flanno now?
Well this coach, isnt flanno. If anything, we play Walker ball. & guess what the half back & five eight (cleeland) used to do in Walker Ball? Thats right, attack at every opportunity. Chips, grubbers, whatever they saw they were encouraged to try. Short kick offs, short drop outs & side to side play.
That is exactly how we play now & I reckon Chad has been enecouraged to give it a crack.

Latest posts