What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Watching SOO3 in Malaysia.....help

bluey

Bench
Food is awesome in any of the side street cafés, seafood heaven and nice and cheap. Thai's don't do the breakfast thing too good though. I'm doing a cooking class tomorrow to learn how to do the curries from scratch, I will post some recipes when i get back if you like.

Awsome

Card Shark

Immortal
Anyway we both destroyed all comers and won every race we went in.
The kid who came 2nd to me was the son of some very high up local royal.
They invited us to their mansion ( complete with huge swimming pool )for lunch the next day.

Thought you were gonna say they sacrificed your sister as punishment!

coolumsharkie

Referee
My GF and daughter are going to Phantasea tonight you bloody ripper. I'm going into Patong to get shit faced and watch the game. Happy days!!

sharknows

Bench
We'll I've been to Shangri la, Hardrock & roamed the streets of Georgetown & SOO ain't to be seen anywhere that I can find......hope my live stream on the iPad works ......anyway if it doesn't I'll just have to have a few tigers & listen to tune in radio.....
Thanks for the advice everyone

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
I stayed at the Shangri-La and Plantation Island in Fiji about 4 years ago.

Shangri-La had much more of an "adult" feeling to it than Plantation.

husky65

Juniors
We'll I've been to Shangri la, Hardrock & roamed the streets of Georgetown & SOO ain't to be seen anywhere that I can find......hope my live stream on the iPad works ......anyway if it doesn't I'll just have to have a few tigers & listen to tune in radio.....
Thanks for the advice everyone

https://www.hidemyass.com/pricing

For 10 USD you can set up a VPN on the ipad for 1 month, it works with livestream as long as you have a decent internet connection.

I used it to watch SOO 2 in Chiang Mai (on an MS Surface) with no problems.

jack059

Juniors
I went to the game in Brisbane, wore my Sharks jersey.
Every second male around the age of twenty roared SHARKIES - TODD CARNEY! and gave me the thumbs up. He's very popular with the younger generation up here it seems.

sharknows

Bench
how did you go ?

No good mate......thought the site you sent me was to be my saviour after NRL site wouldn't work but it wouldn't process my credit card and after stuffing around for so long it was too late to try anything else.....ended up listening to ABC Grandstand on tune in radio .......and commiserated with a few icy cold Tiger beers...
Thanks for the advice anyway.....if I look like being in such a position again I'll get sorted earlier.

carcharias

Immortal
Be careful what you wish for .
I was in Bali a few years ago and found a joint showing sharks v merger
Just myself and a few mates at first.

Then right on kick off a bus load of Wollongong bogans came in.
Mums dads fat arse daughters the lot .

We got flogged.

sharknows

Bench
I don't understand how that hidemyass thing works. Does it trick say NRL 2014 to think I'm still in aus or is the footy through that site? Sorry but I'm a dumbass with all this stuff.....

husky65

Juniors
I don't understand how that hidemyass thing works. Does it trick say NRL 2014 to think I'm still in aus or is the footy through that site? Sorry but I'm a dumbass with all this stuff.....

HMA tricks livestream (via an encrypted virtual private network to one of a number of servers that they operate all over the world) into believing that you are in the country that the server is in, eg Belgium and since Belgium has no cable deal to show NRL, the NRL allows you to watch NRL games via livestream if you are in Belgium, because of HMA you appear to be in Belgium.

Malaysia (your PC/iPod etc)----------Belgium(HMA server)-----------Livestream (NRL Feed)

I've not done it, but I assume you could use HMA to pull in the Telstra feed

Malaysia (your PC/iPod etc)----------Australia(HMA server)-----------Telstra (NRL Feed)

Last edited:

redvscotty

First Grade
A bit late, but I just got back from Korea - Langkawi - Penang - Singapore and finding anywhere outside Korea to watch live sport decently was f**ked.

I downloaded a VPN app called Hola and used that to watch the league. Worked like a charm and was free, plus easy to use. This is on Android though.

Latest posts