What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

watts and farah charged with striking facing suspensions

no name

Coach
Why do NQ fans find it so hard to believe that Watts would just start a fight out of nothing yet think that Farah decided he would just elbow Watts out of the blue?
From the evidence provided I think it's fair to say there was no elbow from Farah.

TFS85

Juniors
I have watched the replays. Watts shot on Farah in the first scrum was a dog shot and then the very next play he is involved in a high tackle that gives away a penalty. Then he hits Galea the initial contact is high and he attempts an elbow on the way up.

As far as I am concerned yeah it fine to dish it up but at the same time when you get justice dealt back to you you cop it. And wasnt the justice Farah fed him sweet. The farkwit needed to be brought down a peg or two.

Watts tried to say several Tigers players were hitting him. No one else touched him it was one on one with the rest of the team keeping the Cows from jumping in. LMFAO we wont the fight and the game. LMFAO even more at Watts face today.

TFS85

Juniors
Don't mess with those ghosts of Leichhardt

Phil Gould | July 20, 2009

IF YOU haven't already caught up with the story, the Cowboys were leading 8-0 and seemingly in control of proceedings when their hooker Anthony Watts decided to use Wests Tigers rake Robbie Farah as his own personal punching bag after the ball had long left a scrum.

Memo to Cowboys players - when you visit Leichhardt Oval on a Sunday afternoon it's a bit like the advice you give your children when you take them to the zoo: "You can go and look at the Tigers, but just don't rattle their cage. They get very upset."

When the next scrum packed down only minutes later, the ghosts of Leichhardt Oval and all past players were looking down on the Tigers pack. They gave Farah the nod as if to say: "You know what to do now, my son." Farah and his mates didn't let their predecessors down. As soon as this second scrum packed their big boys held the North Queensland big boys aside, so Farah could dance one-on-one with his attacker.

Half a dozen well-directed left hooks later and Watts was on the ground, Farah stood over his fallen rival, the Tigers fans were on their feet, the two bantam weights were sent to the sin bin, and from that point the game was as good as over. The Leichhardt gods nodded their approval, sat back down in their seats, and watched the home side proceed to run away with the contest, 34-14. Social and sporting commentators will now debate the rights and wrongs of these events. Political correctness and the effects these incidents supposedly have on "Little Johnny's mummy" will no doubt dominate discussions.

My opinion is very simple - IT WAS BLOODY GREAT!

End of story.

Best piece of "Journalism" I have seen in ages.

Don't mess with those ghosts of Leichhardt

Phil Gould | July 20, 2009

IF YOU haven't already caught up with the story, the Cowboys were leading 8-0 and seemingly in control of proceedings when their hooker Anthony Watts decided to use Wests Tigers rake Robbie Farah as his own personal punching bag after the ball had long left a scrum.

Memo to Cowboys players - when you visit Leichhardt Oval on a Sunday afternoon it's a bit like the advice you give your children when you take them to the zoo: "You can go and look at the Tigers, but just don't rattle their cage. They get very upset."

When the next scrum packed down only minutes later, the ghosts of Leichhardt Oval and all past players were looking down on the Tigers pack. They gave Farah the nod as if to say: "You know what to do now, my son." Farah and his mates didn't let their predecessors down. As soon as this second scrum packed their big boys held the North Queensland big boys aside, so Farah could dance one-on-one with his attacker.

Half a dozen well-directed left hooks later and Watts was on the ground, Farah stood over his fallen rival, the Tigers fans were on their feet, the two bantam weights were sent to the sin bin, and from that point the game was as good as over. The Leichhardt gods nodded their approval, sat back down in their seats, and watched the home side proceed to run away with the contest, 34-14. Social and sporting commentators will now debate the rights and wrongs of these events. Political correctness and the effects these incidents supposedly have on "Little Johnny's mummy" will no doubt dominate discussions.

My opinion is very simple - IT WAS BLOODY GREAT!

End of story.

Best piece of "Journalism" I have seen in ages.

Ditto, short, succinct and to the point. Nice.

tiger_nick

Bench
Hahaha what a joke, Farah elbows Watts in the scrum so Watts belts the little grub, it flares up again later and they both go to the bin, as far as im concerned it was dealt with then.

What I was pissed off about was the referee telling Watts "you retaliated" before sending him to the bin and giving the Tigers the f**king penalty!! If he's retaliated to something then why is he the one penalised??

There was some serious home crowd refereeing decisions yesterday but in the end we didnt play well enough to overcome them, and the Tigers played well.

seriously mate your hate for farah is disturbing. did he refuse to sign an autograph for you or something?

Charlie124

First Grade
seriously mate your hate for farah is disturbing. did he refuse to sign an autograph for you or something?

I just dont like cheap little turds throwing elbows and getting away with it, its bullsh*t when the guy you start a fight against gets punished more than you.

Precious little Robbie is just frustrated that he blew his chance at Origin level after whinging about it for so long so he felt the need to take it out on the next hooker he played against.

I just dont like cheap little turds throwing elbows and getting away with it, its bullsh*t when the guy you start a fight against gets punished more than you.

Precious little Robbie is just frustrated that he blew his chance at Origin level after whinging about it for so long so he felt the need to take it out on the next hooker he played against.

lol cheap little turd, like Anthony Watts.

I've been watching Robbie for a few years now and he's as clean a player as anyone in the NRL. Hell, he even got punted from the NSW Origin team because he was considered too clean.

There was no elbow, you're just pushing that barrow because it would make you less of a psycopath if there was one.

Sorry, you're just simply a maladjusted nutbag.

What happened to Watts was well-earned. He should be thankful Robbie belted the snot out of him, it gave him more publicity than his playing will ever do.

hybrid_tiger

Coach

:lol:

Watts clearly tried to take Farah out of the game and it was a dog act. He king hit him when his hands were tied in the first scrum, made the excuse of an apparent elbow (which no-one can see) then when he gets seven shades of sh*t kicked out of him says that "a few players" were hitting him to try and save face. LOL.

There was only one Tigers player that laid a finger on Watts in that second scrum and it was Farah. Shame he didn't do more damage, though his face was swollen pretty well in the end.

First Farah is soft and a pretty boy and now he's a grub and a turd when he smacks the sh*t out of one of your players. Make up your mind champ. :lol:

anthony-watts.jpg

Gold.

Last edited:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Cowboys hooker Watts cops one-week ban
AAP Tue, 21 Jul 2009 13:44:11

North Queensland are facing a hooker crisis for Saturday night's NRL clash with Penrith after Anthony Watts on Tuesday accepted a one-match ban for striking.

Watts copped the early guilty plea for punching Wests Tigers skipper Robbie Farah at Leichhardt Oval on Sunday, Farah escaping suspension after also pleading guilty to a retaliatory punch.

With first-choice hooker Aaron Payne (shoulder) and back-up Clint Amos (knee) already out for the season, Cowboys coach Neil Henry will be left to name a makeshift No.9 against the Panthers.

Both teams enter the match on 22 competition points, with the loser likely to drop out of the top eight.

Farah's availability boosts the Tigers' chances of beating Canberra on Sunday, while the only other player cited - Bulldogs winger Matt Utai - was also cleared for selection after pleading guilty to a dangerous throw.

http://www.nrl.com/newsviews/latest...s-hooker-watts-cops-one-week-ban/default.aspx

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The thread was referring to the judiciary charges from the weekend, Farah and Watts were two of them. I merely pointed out Utai was the other.

I wasn't aware this was the WT forum... :sarcasm:

Charlie124

First Grade
lol cheap little turd, like Anthony Watts.

I've been watching Robbie for a few years now and he's as clean a player as anyone in the NRL. Hell, he even got punted from the NSW Origin team because he was considered too clean.

There was no elbow, you're just pushing that barrow because it would make you less of a psycopath if there was one.

Sorry, you're just simply a maladjusted nutbag.

What happened to Watts was well-earned. He should be thankful Robbie belted the snot out of him, it gave him more publicity than his playing will ever do.

aaaaaaaahahahahahhaha :lol::lol: yeah, THATS the reason he got dumped from the team, because he's too clean... its not that he is f**king rubbish at origin level and everyone (besides Tigers fans) knew that his selection was a mistake.

tiger_nick

Bench
aaaaaaaahahahahahhaha :lol::lol: yeah, THATS the reason he got dumped from the team, because he's too clean... its not that he is f**king rubbish at origin level and everyone (besides Tigers fans) knew that his selection was a mistake.

Farah dummies once, gives it to Laffranchi, LAFFRANCHI!! And the Tigers lead in the Grand Final 16-6!!!

TimmyB

Juniors
To be honest, I wish we could play the Cowboys every week. When they don't have the advantage of the Townsville heat - or more accurately, their opposition don't have the disadvantage - they are awful.

Charlie124

First Grade
He hates Farah cause of the GF.

:lol: You really really wish this was true don't you :lol:. I think it really gets to you that it doesnt get to me....

As I say every time one of you morons tries to bait me with it, im just not bitter about the grand final at all and never have been. We were just beaten by the red hot favourites on the day. If there was anyone for me to hate out of that game it should be Benji and Prince because they're the ones that did the damage, not Farah, but i dont hate them either. In fact i dont even hate the Tigers, they're irrelevant.

Latest posts