What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wayne again?

speedster

Juniors
In all likelihood, unofficial chats sounding out Wayne pre-the JD sacking could well have signalled two things from Wayne. 1) he won't even enter into discussions about the coaching gig next year while JD is still the coach and 2) he wouldn't be crazy about coming back without a topline halfback which could leave the door open for Parramatta as his other option.

This week, boom, boom - check 1, check 2?. Dodd isn't signed as yet but it appears it's coming down the pipe. (Get on with it Ello. What's taking so long? Still stuck at airport VIP dining?)

Apparently sorted quick smart. Media? Let's paint pictures that the club doesn't know what they're doing.

Note to self: continue to ignore media.

Decks have been cleared. Time to vacuum the red carpet for his Wayneness.

Surely.

speedster

Juniors
Loved watching Wayne's presser today. Always so entertaining. Basically where things stand according to Wayne is he's told Souths he'll talk next week after this weekend's game which is obviously his first priority, as it should be.

So, patience is the order of the day. I can do that.

Hurry up weekend and be gone!

Loved watching Wayne's presser today. Always so entertaining. Basically where things stand according to Wayne is he's told Souths he'll talk next week after this weekend's game which is obviously his first priority, as it should be.

So, patience is the order of the day. I can do that.

Hurry up weekend and be gone!

(News flash from My little bird) whom rang me this afternoon and said bennett had already been signed just recently and has lined up 2 players to follow him to heffron park from 2 separate Sydney clubs with high profile's no players were named. Sam burgess will return to souths within 2 years under bennett and will be the next souths coach after wayne. and rest assured this little bird is no little bird but a long time friend of mine he said this was all done by rusty and rusty alone and not by any of the board room members whom have had their noses put out of joint by rusty's board room out bursts. apparently rusty is livered by a couple of the board room members decisions whom did not want sam to return but were happy for bennett to return apparently my little bird said sam and rusty are far far closer than many people know. hail the Gladiator SSTID.

Steenson123

Juniors
The club has offered Burt a 3 Year Deal.
Why not further that. Offer the man a 3 year Coaching deal then a team management deal Post Coaching-contract i.e for the rest of the man's football-working life he is a central fixed staple at the club. Give such a legend what he richly deserves - employment security for the rest of his working life.
Personally I cannot see Burt at Parramatta. He will not fit there and he will have to get along with individuals largely unknown to him. At 73, that would be far too stressful, particularly if team results are bad.
Conversely he knows Crowe, Sutton, The Burgess lads, Hornby et al very well and could trust them to implement what he needs to succeed, in terms of both personnel and training sessions. He will not have that comfort and trust factor at Parramatta.
I believe the squad played quite well under Hornby and really it all fell apart when the team ran out of personnel. Plus factor in the absence of Graham, Mitchell, Alex, Munroe, Tatola, Shaq etc plus the in-game injuries and a 12-0 start and realistically the squad did well overall.

Steenson123

Juniors
We all need to remember this man is 73.
Several US Football Coach legends - Nick Saban and Bill Belichcik are both the same age as Bennett. Saban has just retired, said the individuals he has to deal with are tiresome and waste his energy. Cannot be bothered anymore with them. Belichik, who has won 8 SBs, 6 as head coach of the legendary QB Tom Brady, no club wants him now. Belichick desperately wants to continue, in order to break the all-time NFL Coaching record for wins held by Don Shula. Only 15 wins short but no team is after him.
How much longer Bennett can keep coaching or maintain the enthusiasm for dealing with much younger individuals -especially assistant coaches and players - is a pure guess.

speedster

Juniors
Wayne will retire when Wayne can't keep going. When that is even Wayne doesn't know but he appears to be doing it on his ear still regardless of his age. Just watch and admire I say.

He is not a stress head and doesn't blow gaskets the way some do. He's fit as in not a bit over weight and is as sharp between the ears as ever, which is sharper than most. Age is just a number. There are more important numbers in this game than that one.

We thought Reynolds was too old a few years back too. Please.

speedster

Juniors

I would really like for the internal leaks to stop because they are liable to undermine the whole negotiating process. Everything needs to stay in-house until it's done. No doubt Wayne would prefer that.
YARN | Now, don't jostle the Chosen One, please | Life of Brian (1979 ...

Last edited:

Latest posts