What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wayne again?

Steenson123

Juniors
Great Great news.
What I would ad is why not say a 4yr deal for $5m?
Bennett is not just a standard human. He is Special even at his advanced age, Special.
Put him here, where he always wanted to be incidentally, for as long as he can physically hold up! The longer this man controls football matters here the better! Easts will hate this move.... he always torpedoes them!
Players such as Kelpie, Shaq, Munroe, Duncan, Gray, et al these dudes will grow another leg under Bennett. Bennett will get these guys out of their present circle to nowhere. Make them relevant.
What annoys one is the media focus on the heavy Opportunity Cost for Parramatta. Oh dear, Tisk Tisk Tisk. TANT PIS! Burt was NEVER going there he knows no body there and at his age it was too big a risk. Who could he trust there if several games went consecutively wrong?

Last edited:

Steenson123

Juniors
I was out last evening on a long exercise walk battling the wind and rain around Bellevue Hill/Bondi under a small para pluie [or umbrella] and I turned my small pocket radio on at 9pm to hear if there was any update on the news. The woman announced "Sport... Master Coach Wayne Bennett has rejected [here my heart stopped, fell down to the ground] Parramatta's offer to replace sacked coach Brad Arthur". I muttered out aloud "who cares about them. F them!"
So relieved. I battled the conditions for another hour up steep hills and told wifey when she picked me up that Parra have attempted to steal Burt. So relieved honestly. Sans Bennett we have no hope for years to come.
Who will his assistants be? We know he loves Sam B.

speedster

Juniors
Great Great news.
What I would ad is why not say a 4yr deal fror $5m?
Bennett is not just a standard human. He is Special even at his advanced age, Special.
Put him here, where he always wanted to be incidentally, for as long as he can physically hold up! The longer this man controls football matters here the better! Easts will hate this move.... he always torpedoes them!
Players such as Kelpie, Shaq, Muroe, Duncan, Gray, et al these dudes will grow another leg under Bennett. Bennett will get these guys out of their present circle to nowhere. Make them relevant.
What annoys one is the media focus on the heavy Opportunity Cost for Parramatta. Oh dear, Tisk Tisk Tisk. TANT PIS! Burt was NEVER going there he knows no body there and at his age it was too big a risk. Who could he trust there if several games went consecutively wrong?
I think he may want to go to a new expansion franchise after his 3 years is up with us. Hope not but he's probably hedging his bets on that I reckon. What we shouldn't do is have a succession plan in place. Just no. In his final season, if he isn't going to re-sign with us, then we go hunting for whoever is the best replacement and not one of his assistants.

And you're right about getting our social loafers to pull their weight. We do have some good talent coming through mixed with established stars that still have more to give and he can get the recruits needed as well. I wonder how Crichton would feel about playing under Wayne now that he feels less love from the Chooks?

Steenson123

Juniors
I think he may want to go to a new expansion franchise after his 3 years is up with us. Hope not but he's probably hedging his bets on that I reckon. What we shouldn't do is have a succession plan in place. Just no. In his final season, if he isn't going to re-sign with us, then we go hunting for whoever is the best replacement and not one of his assistants.

And you're right about getting our social loafers to pull their weight. We do have some good talent coming through mixed with established stars that still have more to give and he can get the recruits needed as well. I wonder how Crichton would feel about playing under Wayne now that he feels less love from the Chooks?
Irrespective of what he will or will not do, he really loves us [club] and we [club] love him. Why not simply say to him that and state that we want him to end his Coaching Career right here. Just stay here until you cannot go any longer!
Marv Levy, a former History teacher, coached the Buffalo Bills NFL team to FOUR consecutive Super Bowl appearances in the 1990s and he coached until around 80 years of age. His teams were dynamic and creative always piling points on. Bennett certainly could do likewise, he is simply that great!

speedster

Juniors
Irrespective of what he will or will not do, he really loves us [club] and we [club] love him. Why not simply say to him that and state that we want him to end his Coaching Career right here. Just stay here until you cannot go any longer!
Marv Levy, a former History teacher, coached the Buffalo Bills NFL team to FOUR consecutive Super Bowl appearances in the 1990s and he coached until around 80 years of age. His teams were dynamic and creative always piling points on. Bennett certainly could do likewise, he is simply that great!
I reckon we probably already have said that to him but I'm just speculating based on stuff he has said himself. It still 3 years away. Just really stoked to be getting him back and how dire would this year have become had he gone to Parra instead of us? Phew! Locked in and a real bonus for recruitment and retention now.

Steenson123

Juniors
Si
I reckon we probably already have said that to him but I'm just speculating based on stuff he has said himself. It still 3 years away. Just really stoked to be getting him back and how dire would this year have become had he gone to Parra instead of us? Phew! Locked in and a real bonus for recruitment and retention now.
Si claro!!
We have WON this season because as events turned out, rather favourably, we offloaded a DUD and received in return a LEGEND!!
Who cares about Oak Spoons or the like when THAT happens!!

No need to go hunting speedster Sam burgess will be head coach after Clint Eastwood.

speedster

Juniors
No need to go hunting speedster Sam burgess will be head coach after Clint Eastwood.
My point is we should wait and see then instead of deciding way too early on. Maybe it will be Sam but lets hold our horses and not make the same mistake we made last time by anointing Wayne's successor from the start. If Sam comes back to be Wayne's assistant in 26 & 27, let's see what's doing then. Maybe Wayne stays on for another 2 or 3 years and Sam can't wait that long. Or maybe Sam puts his hat in the ring among other candidates to see who the best man for the job is should Wayne move on.

Lets wait and see is my point. No rush.

My point is we should wait and see then instead of deciding way too early on. Maybe it will be Sam but lets hold our horses and not make the same mistake we made last time by anointing Wayne's successor from the start. If Sam comes back to be Wayne's assistant in 26 & 27, let's see what's doing then. Maybe Wayne stays on for another 2 or 3 years and Sam can't wait that long. Or maybe Sam puts his hat in the ring among other candidates to see who the best man for the job is should Wayne move on.

Lets wait and see is my point. No rush.

Oki doki i hope clint Eastwood stays on an extra 3 yrs so that sammy learns the ropes even if sam is asst coach for approx 4 yrs ...sammy will return glory glory to sam burgess my favourite souths player of all time in any era.