What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wayne Bennett agrees to coach Knights for four years

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Oh and yes, perhaps I got a little over-excited with the Lang comment. Forgot he wouldn't be around next year :oops:

Noa

First Grade
Blessing in disguise for the Bunnies. Waynes a great coach but only a rental, in 2 years they would have missed out on Madge and have to settle for Jon Cartwright or Matt Elliot.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
You can have Boyd if we can have Beau Henry back.

Good on the Knights. If he were to head anywhere, Newie would be my choice. Big day for RL in general.

Now. Lets get on with this sh*t and win another comp to cement the great mans & the Dragons legacy.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Blessing in disguise for the Bunnies. Waynes a great coach but only a rental, in 2 years they would have missed out on Madge and have to settle for Jon Cartwright or Matt Elliot.

Very good point Noa.

Maguire can to the job. He's sensational and still very young. Souths won't lose much.

Serc

First Grade
Yes. But there has been no official announcement yet. Announcement at 1pm.

Yes...but it does look rather official, doesn't it? Especially given the media needs to be given a heads up on the press conference and everything so they can attend.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
You can have Boyd if we can have Beau Henry back.

Good on the Knights. If he were to head anywhere, Newie would be my choice. Big day for RL in general.

Now. Lets get on with this sh*t and win another comp to cement the great mans & the Dragons legacy.
You've got Soward and Hornby. You don't need Henry :p

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
You've got Soward and Hornby. You don't need Henry :p

We've got Stanley too.

The Boyd thing is interesting in this case. Gidley is not a long term 6 and he sure as f**k won't be getting moved.

If Boyd goes as a 6, then Henry will be squeezed out.

And where that leaves the great Ben Rogers is anyones guess.

Who are you blokes gonna shed for Darbs if it were to happen? Its not like you've got top shelf players on massive coin (no offence), so whilst its handy in one regard, you're going to have to move a stack of players on that may be on contract.

Or does Tinkler just give Darbs a coal mine and a share in patinack Farms?:lol:

14aj7yv.jpg

skeepe

Immortal
Pretty scummy of the Knights to shaft a loyal local like Stone for an import like Bennett... kinda runs counter to Tinkler's promise to bring the locals back to the club.

They are a scummy club though, so nothing surprises.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Wayne Bennett signs with Newcastle Knights

Phil Rothfield

WAYNE Bennett has signed a three-year contract with the Newcastle Knights worth an estimated $5 million.

The club will put out an announcement shortly.

Bennett phoned South Sydney this morning to reject their offer.
LINK

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Pretty scummy of the Knights to shaft a loyal local like Stone for an import like Bennett... kinda runs counter to Tinkler's promise to bring the locals back to the club.

They are a scummy club though, so nothing surprises.
Skeepe, how do you know the Knights are going to "shaft Stone"? Who's to say he won't be assistant - which I think he will be ...

skeepe

Immortal
Skeepe, how do you know the Knights are going to "shaft Stone"? Who's to say he won't be assistant - which I think he will be ...

That's still getting shafted. Unless you think being an assistant coach is equally as prestigious as being head coach.

Latest posts