What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wayne Bennett agrees to coach Knights for four years

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Does this mean

1. Boyd
6. Henry
7. Mullen
9. De Gois
14. Hilder

and Gidley captains the side from NSW Cup?
No. Gidley will be in the starting 13 somewhere. IF we get Boyd, he'll also be in there somewhere. Maybe in the centres?

Bench
The funny thing is there are very few quality coaches left on the market now. So Souths may very well be screwed for next year.
Spot on,Maguire has said no,Bennett has said no,time to ring Georgie,Tugger or one of the many who have coached there since they were reinstated.
Ellison would be worth a try I think,although they need experience,there are none left.

Spot On

Coach
Pretty scummy of the Knights to shaft a loyal local like Stone for an import like Bennett... kinda runs counter to Tinkler's promise to bring the locals back to the club.

They are a scummy club though, so nothing surprises.

Hmm... you can't be that dumb Skeepe. Newcastle have just done Stone a massive favour by purchasing the best coach league has ever had and asking Stone to be his assistant. Stone's been kept in the loop and he has reciprocated by doing and saying the right things. Stone, unlike you, can see the bigger picture here even if it means sacrificing his current position for the long term good of the club. I hope Stone stays on and does his time under Bennett. How many league coaches would dream of that scenario. I also hope Tinkler looks after Rick for the positive public show of support he gave to the TSG bid.

DJShaksta

First Grade
Bunniesman better be on suicide watch, with Bennetts brother telling everyone it was gonna b souffs and all....................

perverse

Referee
14aj7yv.jpg
LOL

to all the haters - we deserve this. since Johns retirement we have been nothing but sh*t on by all and sundry, on field and off. we are a proud club with proud fans and one of the strongest league nurseries in the country. stick this one up your flaccid arseholes, and i'll make sure to give the Raiders a special wave on the way to the top.

to those wishing us well - you are all class, and can obviously see how happy this makes us Knights fans.

to Bunniestwat - f**king lol. you dunce.

and now for my thoughts...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ladmate

Bench
Stone will stay, he knows that he will become much better when Bennett leaves and isn't he still being paid an head coach salary?

Congratulations Knights. Might get in on 2013 premiership odds.

perverse

Referee
Stone will stay, he knows that he will become much better when Bennett leaves and isn't he still being paid an head coach salary?
yep, his offer is no paycut and to learn from the best. if you were an aspiring NRL coach, you couldn't ask for much more i don't think. in my opinion the Knights and Rick Stone have both hit the jackpot.

hugzy

Juniors
perverse mate lol chill out no need to rub it in. lets see how we go first. bennett does not solve our annual-injury-crisis

Serc

First Grade
x10000000000000000000000000000 perverse...especially the part about us taking it up the arse from every other club out there in recent years...we thoroughly deserve this!!!

Hugzy - you need to fire up your dance to help us with our injuries, now all other problems are solved!

Mr Saab

Referee
Pretty scummy of the Knights to shaft a loyal local like Stone for an import like Bennett... kinda runs counter to Tinkler's promise to bring the locals back to the club.

They are a scummy club though, so nothing surprises.

bullsh*t
As if the Raiders would not take him in a heartbeat...might get a broom thru the place, starting with Matt Awful.

lynx000

Juniors
Grats Newcastle, he will do a great job there. But I think it might be Boyd back to the Broncs.

skeepe

Immortal
LOL

to all the haters - we deserve this. since Johns retirement we have been nothing but sh*t on by all and sundry, on field and off. we are a proud club with proud fans and one of the strongest league nurseries in the country. stick this one up your flaccid arseholes, and i'll make sure to give the Raiders a special wave on the way to the top.

to those wishing us well - you are all class, and can obviously see how happy this makes us Knights fans.

to Bunniestwat - f**king lol. you dunce.

and now for my thoughts...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a twat.