What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wayne Bennett for NSW Coach 2010

Mr Saab

Referee
Bennett helped NZ with the world cup as that is the international game and he cares alot for that. Origin football.....all he cares about is QLD

Dazzat

First Grade
You've got Bennett's apprentice - Bellamy - coaching already. But can't see the great man stooping to the depths of wearing blue.

Thomas

First Grade
Bennett would make a fine coach and this idea has merits but:

1: I can't see the NSW media being happy about this and

2: I can't see Wayne coaching against QLD

Shorty

Staff member
Sorry Wayne loves Queensland.
You can't have Prince or Cronk either, sorry!

bobbis

Juniors
NSW should do what Qld did, find a passionate recently retired NSW player who commands the respect of all the player and has a small degree of coaching talent. He shouldn't be an NRL coach, and then give him a competent NRL coach as an assistant.

While Bennet would be good for NSW I really don't think he'd want to.

TD09

Juniors
A couple of options I have heard that I think have some merit:

1. Bring back Ricky Stuart - has a very good Origin record, only reason he stopped doing it was to coach Australia.

2. Andrew Johns be your 'Mal Meninga' type person (a passionate former player every NSW player will look up to) with Phil Gould as his 'Neil Henry' (the guy who does the strategies, tactics etc)

natheel

Coach
You've got Bennett's apprentice - Bellamy - coaching already. But can't see the great man stooping to the depths of wearing blue.

Didn't think I'd see him in a new Zealand colours and another nrl teams colours but he is

TheBourbonBeast

Juniors
Bennett being at the dragons is bad enough......

As for johns coaching Meninga certainly has a lot more respect of the players. The big man is down right intimidating. I bumped into him once at lang park and shat myself.

Loudstrat

Coach
Sorry Wayne loves Queensland.
That's why he couldn't get out of the place quick enough to get a NSW address.

Bennet - no.

Gus - buckleys.

Sticky? At least he'd keep the referees honest.

I'd go Hasler. He'd bring out the biff, and when NSW did last night QLD stopped scoring.