What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wayne Bennett quitting the Knights

nick87

Coach
Yes, they asked for an advance on their grant...claiming it was an emergency situation and they couldn't keep up with the club's expenses. Shortly after they've offered Bennett a million a season...

Exactly. The NRL are well within their rights to not only ask for a please explain from them if that is indeed what has happened, but also to refuse such requests in the future.

Frederick

Staff member
Exactly. The NRL are well within their rights to not only ask for a please explain from them if that is indeed what has happened, but also to refuse such requests in the future.

Yep. If the dragons do go ahead and sign Bennett with this money, what's to stop other clubs asking for handouts to then throw big money at coaches?

to_ddeath

Coach
Farks sake this is all speculative shit. Another smear via Weedler etc.
Bennett pays for himself, sponsors will return, revenue rises, memberships/crowd figures etc etc.
All sabotage crap from jealous journos. Hopefully this boils over quickly & we can just get on with business.

T.

Last edited:

St_Jubbsy

Staff member
It does make sense though. If your club has begged for cash, they shouldn't then go and throw it away on a coach.

It's like someone begging for money and then going and putting it in a pokie machine.

LOL a club recruiting arguably the greatest coach in RL history who will immediately bring in thousands of extra members and increased corporate sponsorship is the equivalent of a poor person putting borrowed money in a poker machine? Not even bunnies gimp could proffer such nonsense.

blaza88z

Coach
Farks sake this is all speculative shit. Another smear via Weedler etc.
Bennett pays for himself, sponsors will return, revenue rises, memberships/crowd figures etc etc.
All sabotage crap from jealous journos. Hopefully this boils over quickly & we can just get on with business.

T.

How generous of him.

Diesel

Referee
Cartwright and Griffin would be a little nervous after this weekend if the rumours to the Dragons aren't true

Card Shark

Immortal
Cartwright and Griffin would be a little nervous after this weekend if the rumours to the Dragons aren't true

Absolutely.

He will go to 1 of these 2 or retire. He has been away from home for 6 long years.

I'm tipping a last hurrah at the Broncos.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Absolutely.

He will go to 1 of these 2 or retire. He has been away from home for 6 long years.

I'm tipping a last hurrah at the Broncos.

This is what I reckon will rule Saints out here. Wayne's no spring chicken and he has been away from home a looooong time. The great man deserves a last hurrah somewhere more local.

blaza88z

Coach
The gang on the Matty Johns show reckon Wayne's been working behind the scene for the past 12 months to come back to Brisbane but the board are trying to move on with life after Wayne

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Id like to see Wayne go to the Titan's just to get a bit of excitement into the place.

Im just not sure if he's have much more success that the Knights...

Alex28

Coach
His tenure at the Knights has proven the modern game is beyond him. The Broncos is the obvious answer - of the clubs being touted they probably have the best roster next year. He's not after another challenge that risks his reputation as a super coach - just an easier pay day that will keep him in the game a few years longer.

bileduct

Coach
The gang on the Matty Johns show reckon Wayne's been working behind the scene for the past 12 months to come back to Brisbane but the board are trying to move on with life after Wayne
What a f**king load of shit that was.

Moron Johns hyped up an announcement about where Wayne Bennett would be coaching in 2015 and then they waited right to the end of the show and all they had was an interview where Wayne basically said he'd make his own decision in his own time and told Moron to keep speculating.

Moron didn't know shit.

insert.pause

First Grade
Under hook I really can't see the Broncos ever getting out of that middle rung of clubs fighting for the bottom half of the 8. There is a very real possibility of winning at best only 2-3 of our remaining games. If they let the season run out and results flow that way and the club is forced by their own expectations to sack hook, who is left to replace him?

Since bennett left they have basically hired two coaches by default, having been left with second choice after being knocked back by first bellamy and then bennett. The club needs to get proactive about who they want as coach before they miss the boat yet again.

Having said that, bennett is not much use to us unless he comes with a clear succession plan in place so we don't end up right back where we were when he first left and we got left with second choice.

I think Bennett would come back if asked but the board is too resistant and stubborn to see we need to start the transition process again as if he hadn't left and this time do it right.

Last edited:

God-King Dean

Immortal
His tenure at the Knights has proven the modern game is beyond him. The Broncos is the obvious answer - of the clubs being touted they probably have the best roster next year. He's not after another challenge that risks his reputation as a super coach - just an easier pay day that will keep him in the game a few years longer.

Yes, the entire fabric of the game has changed in the past 3 years.

I've heard Bennett continues to drive a car, refusing to get into the 21st century teleportation devices.

Alex28

Coach
Yes, the entire fabric of the game has changed in the past 3 years.

I've heard Bennett continues to drive a car, refusing to get into the 21st century teleportation devices.

Heh. We'll see how you feel in a few years time.

(If he actually goes to the Dragons - which I don't think he will because he doesn't want another "challenge")