What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wayne Bennett quitting the Knights

The Enforcer

Juniors
Heh. We'll see how you feel in a few years time.

(If he actually goes to the Dragons - which I don't think he will because he doesn't want another "challenge")
And the Broncs and Titans are way ahead of Dragons this year, aren't they ?

Hutty1986

Immortal
Yes, the entire fabric of the game has changed in the past 3 years.

I've heard Bennett continues to drive a car, refusing to get into the 21st century teleportation devices.

You there, fill it up with petroleum distillate, and re-vulcanise my tyres-posthaste!

Burns.png

tumbidragon

First Grade
I doubt Bennett will announce anything about his future this week, considering I'd imagine he doesn't want to take any of the lime light away from Alex and the 'Rise for Alex' round.

Canard

Immortal
The gang on the Matty Johns show reckon Wayne's been working behind the scene for the past 12 months to come back to Brisbane but the board are trying to move on with life after Wayne

The word gang is best avoided in relation to Matt Johns

kbw

Bench
If I was fan looking to get Bennett, I would be more worried about the probability of getting Boyd.

blaza88z

Coach
If I was fan looking to get Bennett, I would be more worried about the probability of getting Boyd.

That's a fair point actually, Dragons and Broncos are the clubs reported as most likely to get him, both clubs aren't in need of a fullback

betcats

Referee
I didnt realise that Tallis and Bennets relationship was so sour. Over this Bennet saga, he has put the knights in the too hard basket lol that takes him down a spot or two in the all time coaching ranks imo.

insert.pause

First Grade
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-07-16/cartwright-under-pressure-as-titans-go-under-the-microscope/5603056

I read this as an excuse to approach Bennett without needing to tell Carty he's gone beforehand...

that alleged condition of bennett is ridiculous, why should clubs have to sack their coach with no guarantees from bennett other than he will talk to them, it's as if he gets his jollies off by getting other coaches canned, although I must admit it was funny when it happened to sticky!.