What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wayne Bennett quitting the Knights

insert.pause

First Grade
I didnt realise that Tallis and Bennets relationship was so sour. Over this Bennet saga, he has put the knights in the too hard basket lol that takes him down a spot or two in the all time coaching ranks imo.

When he first left brisbane he wanted to go to the cowboys and had a handshake deal with Parr but tallis shut it down on the board and said he was past it.

betcats

Referee
When he first left brisbane he wanted to go to the cowboys and had a handshake deal with Parr but tallis shut it down on the board and said he was past it.

Yeah they were talking about it(their relationship) on NRL360 last night. They read a part Tallis' book where he basically says he told Wayne he wanted to retire and Wayne called him selfish, Tallis said he felt Wayne just used him up and he didnt hae mch respect for him. Ikin did say he has never heard Wayne say a bad word about Tallis though.

Spot On

Coach
He may very well be walking into a shit storm up there if this probe into the Broncs salary cap issue hits the fan.

insert.pause

First Grade
Certainly is taking some time to be sorted for a minor issue. Seems to be complicated from what I've read.

Complicated because they don't have any evidence of it, they could still fine or take points on the balance of probabilities that it occurred but even if they do it's still unlikely to be anything substantial or long lasting.

Alex28

Coach
Yes, the entire fabric of the game has changed in the past 3 years.

I've heard Bennett continues to drive a car, refusing to get into the 21st century teleportation devices.

See today's game? If that's what he's coaching I'd be pretty happy to see him turn either the Broncos or the Dragons into that rabble.

insert.pause

First Grade
See today's game? If that's what he's coaching I'd be pretty happy to see him turn either the Broncos or the Dragons into that rabble.

It was quite obvious watching today that they were not playing to a Bennett game plan, I think it was a sign that he's lost the dressing room and he can't do much if the players aren't buying into what he's telling them.

nick87

Coach
Again, is it not possible that Wayne Bennett can be both:

a) one of the greatest coaches of all time
and
b) a guy who's not done a great job at the knights

Isn't that possible?
Nay even likely. I dont see how you can argue against either of those two statements. His record in both instances speaks for itself.

Latest posts