What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wayne Bennett signs four-year deal with Newcastle Knights

chris_el

Juniors
I agree that he may take some players with him eventually, but with him being at Dragons, the players started to really enjoy playing football and being a dragon. That should still continue, at least for a while, players don't want to leave if they are happy there. Right now, the only unhappy players i can think off are the ones not making first grade every week. Eg. Stanley and yet he re-signed. Boyd does seem happy, but happy being a dragon or being coached by Wayne?

saintzrule

Juniors
Well, I guess that puts a huge dent in the prospects of th e central coast Bears! Of his 3 suitors, I am happy with his choice, but before the Novocastrians get too carried away, no success is guaranteed. We are in great shape, and must stay that way:clap:

Cagey Mac

Bench
The Broncos were unloading and Bennett had more players on offer than he needed if you recall sending a few to the Dogs. If you recall Boyd was in tears when he called Bennett to tell him that the Broncos no longer required his services (nice work Ivan!!)
I feel confident with Bosden and can’t see us losing forwards or too much of a clearance at the Knights who have a damned good and very fit pack. I’m happy with our prospects for 2012 and beyond
Bennett went with the best deal for his family. I think that he’s one of the great men of our time and an inspiration to us all

EzyG

Juniors
The more clubs Wayne coaches at & influences players, staff, assistants, fans in the way every 1 of them strives upon, then brighter the future for NRL since these individuals will continue his influence into future ranks.

ST George have been awsome these last few years. Seeing a tight knit group such as the dragons stick together & succeed has been moving.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Good luck to the Knights.? ...brighter future for the NRL?....What the f**k?! :crazy:

I hope Newcastle win f**k all and Wayne is a failure...

Nothing personal against the great Mr Bennett but I love my club more than anything else...

Who cares if it's good for the NRL?...I only care what's good for St George!!!

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
Good luck to the Knights.? ...brighter future for the NRL?....What the f**k?! :crazy:

I hope Newcastle win f**k all and Wayne is a failure...

Nothing personal against the great Mr Bennett but I love my club more than anything else...

Who cares if it's good for the NRL?...I only care what's good for St George!!!

Although i will always love Wayne Bennett and what he did for our club I do have to agree with you to some extent.

Many opposition fans say we only won a premiership because of Wayne. What better way to say UP YOURS to them by Wayne being a total failure at the Knights.

Red V Ultras

Juniors
Or make Rick Stone an offer to coach next year for the Dragons.

Nothing against Pricey, he may like the idea of having a senior coach involved.

Doubt it would happen though.

Last edited:

Godz Illa

Coach
Hahaha so much gold in that article. Roy is the master.

"Souths are dubbed ''the Pride of the League'', but St George have the reputation outside it."

"Captain Ben Hornby made the strongest point: Bennett's departure would not destabilise the players in their quest to repeat as champions but if the fabled coach went to Redfern, he would skulk away from the first game between them as a loser."

"Bennett has honoured the Dragons by rejecting the Rabbitohs."

lol @ Souffs

Red_Vee

Juniors
Smells like a player cleanout at the Knights. Boyd, Ennis, Snowden - that would have to be about a quarter of your cap right there.

Latest posts