What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wayne Bennett, the greatest coach ever

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Let's see how he goes without a whole state to pick from.
This always comes up - he's only good because of the cattle he has. I say this: you don't leave the cattle in charge of the village idiot, you leave it to the guy in the village who knows how to get the best out of them. Enter Wayne Bennett.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Always said was good...confirmed now as a great...all doubt removed.

Champion coach

TheRev

First Grade
He is amazing, im only sad he is nearing the end of his run as a coach, and I hope he can keep influencing the game in some way.

kickback

Juniors
good job Wayne you haved proved your point, you are the best coach in the world, time to come home to your family we need ya

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
I thought as much even before tonight. It doesn't take Bennett moving to Saints and finally winning them a title to make him the greatest coach of my lifetime in my mind.

Same here, but alot of people thought that it was Brisbanes on field talent that made him successful, people said "how well will he do now that he doesn't have half of the QRL to pick talent from". Well, he has done it and done it well.

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
Supercoach - give that man a seat not only on the IC but on the RLIF.

It would be interesting to see what he could do at the helm of a PNG team for a year or two.

Red Bear

Referee
Not even a particularly tactically astute coach. In fact I'd say Smith is a better tactician than Bennett is. Bennett's ability is heavily motivational, he is able to get in the heads of players and get that improvement out of them in a way others arent able to.

Will be interesting to see how much longer he stays at the Dragons now its 'Mission Accomplished.'

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Not even a particularly tactically astute coach. In fact I'd say Smith is a better tactician than Bennett is. Bennett's ability is heavily motivational, he is able to get in the heads of players and get that improvement out of them in a way others arent able to.

Will be interesting to see how much longer he stays at the Dragons now its 'Mission Accomplished.'

If I had $2million, id be throwing it at him to come to Parra for a couple of years.

zombie jesus

Staff member
Greatest of his era, absolutely no doubt.

On par with Gibson, Gibson's influence on coaching is too big for him to ever be surpassed.

hellteam

First Grade
Anyone notice the similarities between today's grand final and the 1998 GF?

In '98 Broncos were down 12-10 at halftime and went on to win 38-12 (28-0 second half). Today the Dragons were down 8-6 and won 32-8 (26-0 second half).

Wonder if he used the same speech? Must have been a good one...

parramaniac2516

Juniors
Osbourne should of waited until da's contract was up then throw massive money at Bennett. Unfortunately will never happen but Bennett may be able to get some consistency from Hayne.

Latest posts