What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WC2013 venue announcement LIVE 8:15am GMT

Mullins!!!

Juniors
nah, not yet. So thats England, wales, France and Ireland all getting games so far right were there any other countries? My geography is rubbish.

DINGb@T

Juniors
Well there's about a dozen different Copelands across England. Which one are they talking about?

For Mullins- France also gets at least two games.

langpark

First Grade
Just saw this on rlfans...

Avignon -The Parc des Sports Stadium will host a group match.

Bristol – The Memorial Ground will stage a group match with the city also hosting a team base camp. Filton College will be used as a team training venue.

Calderdale – The Shay Stadium in Halifax will host a group match.

Copeland – The new Pow Beck Stadium in Whitehaven will host group matches with the Cumbria Sports Academy being used as a team training venue.

Hull – Both the KC Stadium and Craven Park will host group matches with the city also hosting two team base camps and team training venues.

Kirklees -The Galpharm Stadium will host a group match.

Leeds – Headingley Carnegie Stadium will host a group match and a quarter-final with two teams setting up team base camps in the city along with a team training venue being utilised.

Limerick – Thomond Park will host a group match.

Perpignan – The Stade Gilbert Brutus will host a group match.

Neath – The Gnoll will host a group match.

Rochdale – Spotland Stadium will host a group match.

Salford -The new City of Salford Stadium will host a group match and the city will also host a team base camp.

St Helens -The new Langtree Park Stadium will host a group match.

Warrington -The Halliwell Jones Stadium will host a group match and quarter-final. The town will also host a team base camp and the University of Chester will be used as a team training venue.

Wigan -The Leigh Sports Village will host a group match and will be used as a training venue. The DW Stadium will host a quarter-final.

Wrexham -The Glyndŵr University Racecourse Stadium will host a group match and a quarter final. Wrexham will also host a team base camp and training venue.

The following venues will host teams during the 2013 Rugby League World Cup:

Allerdale – Workington will host a team base camp.

Bolton – Bolton will be a team base camp with Bolton Arena’s facilities used as a team training venue.

Bradford -The Bulls Tong High School facilities in Bradford will be used as a team training venue.

Halton – Widnes will host a team base camp and the Stobart Stadium will be a training venue. Due to synthetic turf pitches not being sanctioned by the Rugby League International Federation the stadium is not allowed to stage a match.

Manchester – Manchester will host a team base camp and will also provide a team training venue.

Preston – The University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) will provide team training facilities at UCLan Sports Arena with Preston also hosting a team base camp.

roughyedspud

Coach
The 2013 World Cup grounds

Avignon: The Parc des Sports, which drew a crowd of 16,866 for France's recent international against England, will host a group match.

Bristol: The Memorial Ground will stage a group match, while Filton College will be used as a team training venue.

Halifax: The renovated Shay Stadium will host a group match.

Huddersfield: The Galpharm Stadium, a semi-final venue in 2000, will host a group match.

Hull: Both the KC Stadium and Craven Park will host group matches with the city also hosting two team base camps and team training venues.

Leeds: Headingley will host a group match and a quarter-final while two teams will set up base camps in the city along with a team training venue being utilised.

Limerick: Thomond Park, which hosted a first rugby league match last month, will be a venue for a group match.

Perpignan: The Stade Gilbert Brutus, home of Catalan Dragons and a regular Test venue, will host a group match.

Neath: The Gnoll, home of South Wales Scorpions, will host a group match.

Rochdale: Spotland Stadium, which is the home of Championship One club Hornets, will host a group match.

Salford: The Reds' new City of Salford Stadium at Barton will host a group match and the city will also host a team base camp.

St Helens: Saints' new £26million Langtree Park will host a group match.

Warrington: The enlarged Halliwell Jones Stadium will host a group match and quarter-final. The town will also host a team base camp and the University of Chester will be used as a team training venue.

Whitehaven: The planned Pow Beck Stadium, whose initial capacity of 3,200 can be expanded to 5,000 with the use of temporary stands, will host group matches, with the Cumbria Sports Academy used as a team training venue.

Wigan: The Leigh Sports Village will host a group match and will be used as a training venue while Wigan's DW Stadium will host a quarter-final.

Wrexham: The Racecourse Stadium, home of North Wales Crusaders, will host a group match and a quarter-final, while Wrexham will also host a team base camp and training venue.

Host Venues

Bolton: Will be a team base camp with Bolton Arena's facilities used as a team training venue.

Bradford: the Bulls' Tong High School facilities will be used as a team training venue.

Manchester: Will host a team base camp and will also provide a team training venue.

Preston: The University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) will provide team training facilities at UCLan Sports Arena with Preston also hosting a team base camp.

Widnes: Will host a team base camp and the Stobart Stadium will be a training venue.

Workington: Will host a team base camp.

Springs

First Grade
So...
Leeds, Wigan, Warrington and Wrexham for quarter finals.
They must be banking on Wales winning their group. And they would probably want England and Australia to play in Leeds and Wigan.

And no Wembley?

Springs

First Grade
Hopefully.

There isn't really a stadium there fit to hold the opening match. Does that mean a major stadium will be announced for the opening game along with the finals?

Poul

Juniors
Calderdale, Copeland, Kirklees?

Why didn't they just say;

Halifax, Whitehaven, Huddersfield.

PaulyTom

Juniors
Nice spread of games . Well done to the RLWC organisers.

A good spread of heartland areas and a couple of non-heartland in Limerick and Bristol.

There is such a professionalism that has been showed by both the organisers and the host venues.

Well done to all.

PaulyTom

Juniors
Can I confirm that they are not using the NEW Ashton Gate Stadium in Bristol????

That is my only I suppose gripe with the cities / towns announced.

Big Sam

First Grade
When you add in Wembley/OT for the final that's 19 venues. Does anyone else think that's excessive for a 28 game tournament? Surely it would have been better to concentrate on 10-12 host venues to minimise travel (yes, I know the UK's not that big but still)?

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Gotta be honest, they didn't really announce much. Some more specific things like what teams each town will host and what group games will the stadiums host would be much more informative.

All they've done is say that something will happen at this place at some point and will have some significance.

roughyedspud

Coach
i think its fine.......its not like the RLWC in 2000 where we went to reading on a tuesday night....correct me if i'm wrong,and most of you normally do,but i only count 2 games not played in the heartlands or stadia that currently host british/french RL.....that being bristol & limerick..though of course limerick has just hosted a irish RL international

Goddo

Bench
I'll point out the obvious - 17 venues anounced. There are 21 pool matches, 4 QF, 2 SF, 1 Final.

Either some of these venues will host 2 games, or some venues are yet to be named.

I'd bet that whichever grounds that host SF or Final may host a pool match. Either that or some pool venues host 2 games.

Latest posts