What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We have signed Chris Walker

mrpwnd

Bench
I didn't know our club replaced the Parramatta police station.
I must be living under a rock now.

Also Maitua tested positive to clenbuterol, but given his background as a dickhead bra boy and Australia's loose surveillance on drug usage *edit, dont speculate*

I don't understand the motive behind the signing of these...........players(?), are we trying to replicate the success of Carney with the roosters? Is the new and upcoming decade all about reforming bad boys and turning them into dally M winners? Reality is pretty cruel and the reality of our signings could bite us pretty hard in the ass come 2011.

Last edited by a moderator:

Suitman

Post Whore
Exactly. Even Atkins was overkill and now we've got Walker?

Don't we have have to spend a minimum of the salary cap?
If so, I'd suggest that because of all the money we had to spend, and then, being unable to purchase that "big" signing, we are struggling to get to that minimum cap spend. Therefore, we are grabbing any Krusty the Clown on the market possible, for a year, then we'll make another attempt at Quade ;-) next season.

Suity

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Don't we have have to spend a minimum of the salary cap?
If so, I'd suggest that because of all the money we had to spend, and then, being unable to purchase that "big" signing, we are struggling to get to that minimum cap spend. Therefore, we are grabbing any Krusty the Clown on the market possible, for a year, then we'll make another attempt at Quade ;-) next season.

Suity

I think you are right about signing any crusty the clown available. I would give our recruitment a fail this year.

sarahk

Juniors
There has been A LOT of complaining in the past few months in regards to the fact that we haven't recruited anyone, and now that we recruit some guys, people are still whinging about recruitment. How hard are some of you to impress? The guy is a DEPTH signing. A pretty good one IMO, and i for one am glad we have him waiting in the wings if one of our backs gets injured.

How about we just wait it out and see how they play before we write them off.

Prop Forward

Juniors
Source: 9 News

We have signed former QLD winger Chris Walker. No mention of the term of the contract.

Interesting we have apparently done 'background' checks on him.

picard-no-facepalm.jpg

offside ref

Juniors
Apparently, Chris Walker has turned himself around, much like Reni Maitua. That's all that matters to me.

wow boxhead your way to positve mate.
i can't see the point in bringing walker to our club. maybe he turned his life around but he was never that good a player cant tackle let in 2 trys against the dogs to cost the roosters a premiership. all pace but not much else.

Springs

First Grade
Can't wait till he walks out after we lose two games and he tries to join the Dragons.

Seriously, what the hell? Chris Walker is probably my most hated player of all time.

hindy111

Post Whore
Walker made only 12 appearances for the Perpignan club after a season blighted by injury and disciplinary problems.

murraymob

Coach
you guys are to hard on Walker.We love him at Penrith he helped us win the 2003 grand final.

Eelementary

Post Whore
This is starting to remind me of the 2003 recruitment drive.

CROUCH, Steven (Wests Tigers)
DUNLEY, Shayne (Northern Eagles)
GREEN, Paul (Sydney)
HOPKINS, Lee (Penrith)
LEULUAI, Kylie (Sydney)
LEYSHON, William (Melbourne)
MORRIS, John (Newcastle)
PEEK, Adam (South Sydney)
PRINCE, Ronald (Sharks 2001)
TREACY, Darren (Salford City)

Just substitute an aging Paul Green with Matt Orford and we are just about there.

Lee Hopkins, Shayne Dunley, Kylie Leuluai, John Morris and Adam Peek all served this club with distinction. Ronnie Prince didn't do too bad, either.

Prop Forward

Juniors
Walker makes Parramatta switch
(UKPA) – 35 minutes ago

Much-travelled utility back Chris Walker has ended his brief stay in Super League after signing for Parramatta.

The 30-year-old former Queensland State of Origin winger had played for five different NRL clubs before joining Catalans Dragons a year ago after a proposed move to Bradford fell through.

Walker made only 12 appearances for the Perpignan club after a season blighted by injury and disciplinary problems.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/uk...G_F_OuuE6qgIrWXkw?docId=N0135161288782589616A

Eelementary

Post Whore
It's like you people care more about other people (non-Eels fans) looking at who we've signed and laughing at us rather than looking at the big picture. Chris Walker is a depth signing - he won't make the 17 ahead of Hayne, Burt, Reddy, Tahu or Grothe unless he plays the house down and/or there are lots of injuries. Relax.

And stop putting so much stock into what opposition fans think ffs. Screw 'em - is this the team you love or not? If it is, support the club. If it isn't, move on.

"Oh, a Cronulla fan laughed at our recruitment!" The f**k should I care? Those morons let Kevin Kingston go. They're not exactly ones to throw the proverbial first stone.

sarahk

Juniors
It's like you people care more about other people (non-Eels fans) looking at who we've signed and laughing at us rather than looking at the big picture. Chris Walker is a depth signing - he won't make the 17 ahead of Hayne, Burt, Reddy, Tahu or Grothe unless he plays the house down and/or there are lots of injuries. Relax.

And stop putting so much stock into what opposition fans think ffs. Screw 'em - is this the team you love or not? If it is, support the club. If it isn't, move on.

"Oh, a Cronulla fan laughed at our recruitment!" The f**k should I care? Those morons let Kevin Kingston go. They're not exactly ones to throw the proverbial first stone.

Eelementary i am loving your posts. :D

Eelementary

Post Whore
I just can't get past how every time we make an announcement everyone gets cranky and angry because it isn't Greg Inglis or Michael Weyman or Jonathan Thurston or whoever.

We're trying to get Matt Orford. Most will agree halfback is our biggest area of concern. If we do snare Orford, it would be massive - he's an experienced, Premiership-winning halfback and would stitch up our recruitment nicely. We've already addressed our other key weakness area at hooker by signing McGuire.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I just can't get past how every time we make an announcement everyone gets cranky and angry because it isn't Greg Inglis or Michael Weyman or Jonathan Thurston or whoever.

We're trying to get Matt Orford. Most will agree halfback is our biggest area of concern. If we do snare Orford, it would be massive - he's an experienced, Premiership-winning halfback and would stitch up our recruitment nicely. We've already addressed our other key weakness area at hooker by signing McGuire.

I think people need to relax and give the blokes a chance first. I'm no Chris Walker fan, but if he puts on a Blue and Gold jersey, he's representing the one thing in life I am most passionate in life since mostly everything else went downhill - the mighty Parramatta Eels. As such, he gets my support.

I have previously said that if the blokes who get bagged here so mercilessly (Webb and now Walker) do in fact turn out to play poorly, then by all means - criticise them.

But they haven't even put on the jersey to represent our great, proud club yet and already 90% of the so-called "supporters" are giving it to them in spades. Is it really that hard to fathom why some blokes will look at Parra and just say, "Nah, it's not worth it if I won't get supported when I'm struggling,"?

:crazy:

And thank you, Sarah. :D