What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

we won the comp

silverex

Bench
Was the song "Its a beautiful day" from U2. Thats was an awesome feeling when this song was playing and we won the comp. best feeling in the world

That was played at some stage after the game because the 2 girls behind me were screaming it out at the tops of their voices while I stood teary eyed and dumb struck, not knowing whether to start sobbing or start singing!

Knowing how I sing I think I'm glad I just stood there in silence, soaking up the feeling.

RedV65

Juniors
What was the song that played after the game which has the lyrics "together, together....." ??

Jason Maher

Immortal
Got a unique opportunity to let rip a "we're the f**king premiers!" tonight. I wore my (brand new) Red V to the Metallica show in Brissy, and copped a couple of "why the f**k are you wearing that here?" type comments.

God-King Dean

Immortal
The atmosphere was phenomenal when Nightingale scored his first try. Easy to say in hindsight, but you could feel they were gonna win when he went over. It was as if the crowd was already celebrating the premiership.

I welled up again yesterday watching Young Jr & Sr crying.

SerbDragon

Coach
I'm making a fair few references of our victory in my wedding speech at the end of the month. I'm also naming our guests tables after our victorious 17 players. The bridal table will be known as the 'Bennett' table. hehe

I did a similar thing at my wedding 2 weeks ago. Every table was named after a dragons great, and the main table was of course the Changa table. My speech also included the Dragons and i walked into the reception waving a Dragons flag high and proud. I also had a dragons pin on my suit.

My leading car (convertible merc) was completely decked out in dragons gear with a red wedding ribbon on the bonnet forming a V.

The next day the team gave me the greatest wedding gift of all.

A premiership.

It was the greatest weekend of my life, and what better way to remember my wedding anniversary.

My wife is sure I need psychiatric help. maybe she's right, I'm completely obsessed.

SerbDragon

Coach
Here's a few pics from my wedding day.

1st in the procession was my mates hog.

red%20v%20hog.jpg

He has dedicated the bike to St George

hog.jpg

Then came the lead car

red%20v%20merc.jpg

Co piloted by Scorch

red%20v%20dash.jpg

draco

Juniors
Great story Serb. I had my buck's night one week before we won the GF in 1979. A huge celebration was had and as you say, it was the greatest weekend of my life and indeed a great way to remember your wedding anniversary.

Its OK to be obsessed and I am sure in time your wife will come around to seeing things as you do.

Over the last decade my wife has also grown to love watching the Mighties. She never really followed football before and said it is because she has seen and realised just how much my team means to me. My 3 boys have always followed the Dragons. Living on the North Coast, when we can we all go to our away games in Qld.

Anyway, last year I decided to start a bucket list. Top of this list was to see the Dragons play in a Grand Final victory. So, with my hopes quite high, I booked our tickets only to end up watching Storm and Parra battle it out. Staying with my brother-in-law at Stanmore I promised myself and him that we would do it all again until we made the GF. He is a great bloke and a (gracious) Roosters supporter. We both said back then that 2010 would be a Dragons v Roosters Grand Final. And so it proved to be.

Now, some 31 years later I travelled to ANZ Stadium with my wife and 2 sons to witness what was to be a euphoric victory. My other son (couldn't make the trip this year because he has a new baby daughter..my first granddaughter and already being dressed in red and white).

Congratulations on your wedding Serb and I hope some time in the future you get to take your own family to a Grand Final victory as did I (but mate, not 31 years later please).

Well, I have crossed off number 1 on my bucket list and as I am only 57 I didn't really have numbers 2 to 10 identified. Maybe I'll just forget it. I can and will die happy sometime and to be honest, jumping from an airplane had never really figured in any of my plans...:lol:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Slippery, just a small correction there. WCC stands for World Club Challenge. That's what we're playing Wigan for.

The Club Championship is something quite different - an all grades award in the NRL/ARL/NSWRL.

To clarify there's now two Club Championships - the NRL club championship which is awarded to the team with the highest aggregrate premiership points in both NRL and Under 20's. In 2009 that was St George Illawarra, 2010 the Warriors. Then there's the age-old NSWRL Club Championship - Flowers Memorial Pennant. The past two seasons have been won by Canterbury.

Da Doctor

Juniors
It is a very satisfying thing to say suck s$#t as that I now live on the Gold Coast and the Titans crap I had to deal with up here. Boy they went quiet and the prelim...:sarcasm:

STG 002

First Grade
not running -
if u watch the replay what was the very first song that began playing right on full time? does anyone know that song?

by the way, found out the song that was played immediately after full time. it was the first song played after the whistle blew, it's that new song, sounds like a christian song to be honest , "closer to the edge" by 30 seconds to mars, then they played all the other songs we've already mentioned thru this thread.

Latest posts