What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

we won the comp

MattYg1

Bench
What fires me up is the idea that we are heading into this next season defending premiers... come and take it b!tchez!!!!

Dragon Dave

Bench
I like the fact that we always have the last laugh, up until the GF at the end of this year, when we will do it all over again.

Ritzley

Juniors
Priceless comment DP. All I can say is that "we're so good that comp bitch is coming after us for more of the same this year" [insert rump slap here]....

big pat

Coach
i remember the 77' 79' wins very well, but i think 2010 will always hold special meaning, i think the fact that 31 yrs waiting and the bennett factor, plus i got to celebrate with lots of friends i've made on these forums, and also brainwashing my kids at a early age to follow st george, seeing the joy on their faces, i could do it all again this year.

2010Dragons

Bench
i remember the 77' 79' wins very well, but i think 2010 will always hold special meaning, i think the fact that 31 yrs waiting and the bennett factor, plus i got to celebrate with lots of friends i've made on these forums, and also brainwashing my kids at a early age to follow st george, seeing the joy on their faces, i could do it all again this year.

Hey Big Pat,

What you said is exactly what I have experiences with my kids as well.

We must be of the same vintage.

77, 79....ahhhh the memories!!
2010...a year to remember!!

1999.... I was just about to pop the champagne until Ainscough / bill Hollywood Harrigan...broke my heart and dreams.
31 years is a long time between drinks.

Godz Illa

Coach
Guess what I watched again tonight. I took some dictation of the commentary highlights from Ray Warren and co. I'm not the hugest fan of the Nine commentators... but reading these sonnets back they flow and resonate with poetic lyricism.

"And look at this, the Olympic Stadium. I haven’t seen it as full .. ever. Full to the brim, we think 84, somewhere between 82 and 84 thousand people, they’ve crammed the stadium to watch this highly anticipated grand final"

"Hornby knows there’s a chance, Soward puts a little kick in, there’s a try for Gasnier! Gasnier I think has got the first try, it might have looked as though he came down on the line but I think Mark Gasnier has scored, off a bottler of a kick from Soward."

"15 out, the kick from Pearce is accurate, going up is Hornby! Right up above the pack! And that’s taken beautifully by the captain!
[GUS] That, that is sensational. Hornby, an ex-fullback, has come from nowhere with a flying leap. And that showed all his fullback skills there – no thought of self preservation. A big grab. 3 mins from the break, 2 the difference.
[Freddy] Gussy that deserved a “Wow!” That was a beauty"

"[gus] 52 seconds left in the 1st half, absolutely nothing in this game
[rabs] And I don’t think there’s going to be very much in the game really, as I look at the advancing black clouds above us. 2 points is going to prove quite valuable..."

"So 40 minutes of football remains to see who stands and holds the premiership trophy aloft. The Dragons from left to right, running towards the southern end – they’re running towards home you might say"

"Dean Young, taking play to the 20 metre line, Dragons going down with an opportunity. Hornby, behind Scott and here’s Boyd into the back! Trouble, trouble, trouble! Nightingale has scored for the Dragons! Jason Nightingale has scored for the Dragons to go to the lead."

"Here’s Soward from the T-junction.. and he has landed the goal! Dragons go another two."

"Now Pearce, he puts a kick in, high, they’re coming after it, particularly Shaun Kenny-Dowall, but more particularly Darius Boyd!
[gus] Very very good. Very very very good. Sprinkling rain coming down in his eyes there, he goes up and takes a leap of faith and comes down with the ball. That’s terrific stuff."

"Fien gets it away, Hornby gets it on, bounces for Nightingale! He’ll do it! He’ll do it! He’s done it again! Put 2 down for Nightingale
[sterlo] I’m sure it’s a try I think Nightingale gets the ball down without any problem whatsoever - and he does. There was no danger. Anthony Minichiello sliding in there cops him – no he’s happy, he’s happy. He’s not in pain, he’s in ecstasy is Jason Nightingale."

"Well the Dragons have now asked the big big question. 16 to 8, a damp pitch, rain coming down. Nightingale scores his 39th try, and they build up an 8 point lead. Jamie to make it 10 points from the same spot that he kicked the goal from the previous Nightingale try. It’s on it’s way. I like it! He’s got it! Soward’s kicked the goal! ...Andrew sideline
[Johns] Soward’s gone off his nana, his excited about kicking that goal. Wow! Jason Nightingale – what an underrated winger, that’s 2 tries tonight. Look at this, he doesn’t panic. Wet slippery ball on the ground, picks it up on the half volley, and scores in the corner and screams. Here come the Saints."

"Costigan driving it to 8m from the line. Fien, looking left, looking right, having a little go. Young’ll score! Dean Young - he has scored! The son of the captain of 1979! He’s got a wonderful combination going with Nathan Fien, and he has scored behind the uprights."

"[Sterlo] Field goal Jamie Soward, very very deep, to put them outside 3 converted tries, if they can get the ball there.
[rabs] I think they will, Nathan is reading off the same page. And Nathan Fien gets a try!
[sterlo] ahhh clever!
[rabs] Well they set it up, they rehearsed it, even Ben Hornby played a little part. And Nathan Fien has said forget Jamie Soward, what about me? And he scores in the 70th minute.
[sterlo] Well we were all on the same playsheet but it was the wrong one! Great work there from the Dragons. They sold Jamie Soward was going to take the point, he couldn’t get any deeper, they couldn’t sell it any better. I’m going to throw the ball to Jamie Soward, we all know I’m going to throw the ball to Jamie Soward – no I’m gonna go down the short side and score myself."

"Hornby, floats it over, Gasnier puts on the speed button, goes down the right side Gasnier! Puts a little kick in, Minichiello’s got work to do! And he gets it dead, with Nightingale lurking and now jumping amongst cameras and what have you. He wants 3 doesn’t he, Nightingale? But he’s not gonna get them. Wayne’s got the centre of attention and so he should. Seven grand final victories for Wayne Bennett. And the Dragons win the grand final! 32 to 8. Their first since 1979. In front of a crowd of upwards of 82000 people. Tears appropriate. But 32-8 in favour of the Dragons."

Hutty1986

Immortal
Guess what I watched again tonight. I took some dictation of the commentary highlights from Ray Warren and co. I'm not the hugest fan of the Nine commentators... but reading these sonnets back they flow and resonate with poetic lyricism.

"And look at this, the Olympic Stadium. I haven’t seen it as full .. ever. Full to the brim, we think 84, somewhere between 82 and 84 thousand people, they’ve crammed the stadium to watch this highly anticipated grand final"

"Hornby knows there’s a chance, Soward puts a little kick in, there’s a try for Gasnier! Gasnier I think has got the first try, it might have looked as though he came down on the line but I think Mark Gasnier has scored, off a bottler of a kick from Soward."

"15 out, the kick from Pearce is accurate, going up is Hornby! Right up above the pack! And that’s taken beautifully by the captain!
[GUS] That, that is sensational. Hornby, an ex-fullback, has come from nowhere with a flying leap. And that showed all his fullback skills there – no thought of self preservation. A big grab. 3 mins from the break, 2 the difference.
[Freddy] Gussy that deserved a “Wow!” That was a beauty"

"[gus] 52 seconds left in the 1st half, absolutely nothing in this game
[rabs] And I don’t think there’s going to be very much in the game really, as I look at the advancing black clouds above us. 2 points is going to prove quite valuable..."

"So 40 minutes of football remains to see who stands and holds the premiership trophy aloft. The Dragons from left to right, running towards the southern end – they’re running towards home you might say"

"Dean Young, taking play to the 20 metre line, Dragons going down with an opportunity. Hornby, behind Scott and here’s Boyd into the back! Trouble, trouble, trouble! Nightingale has scored for the Dragons! Jason Nightingale has scored for the Dragons to go to the lead."

"Here’s Soward from the T-junction.. and he has landed the goal! Dragons go another two."

"Now Pearce, he puts a kick in, high, they’re coming after it, particularly Shaun Kenny-Dowall, but more particularly Darius Boyd!
[gus] Very very good. Very very very good. Sprinkling rain coming down in his eyes there, he goes up and takes a leap of faith and comes down with the ball. That’s terrific stuff."

"Fien gets it away, Hornby gets it on, bounces for Nightingale! He’ll do it! He’ll do it! He’s done it again! Put 2 down for Nightingale
[sterlo] I’m sure it’s a try I think Nightingale gets the ball down without any problem whatsoever - and he does. There was no danger. Anthony Minichiello sliding in there cops him – no he’s happy, he’s happy. He’s not in pain, he’s in ecstasy is Jason Nightingale."

"Well the Dragons have now asked the big big question. 16 to 8, a damp pitch, rain coming down. Nightingale scores his 39th try, and they build up an 8 point lead. Jamie to make it 10 points from the same spot that he kicked the goal from the previous Nightingale try. It’s on it’s way. I like it! He’s got it! Soward’s kicked the goal! ...Andrew sideline
[Johns] Soward’s gone off his nana, his excited about kicking that goal. Wow! Jason Nightingale – what an underrated winger, that’s 2 tries tonight. Look at this, he doesn’t panic. Wet slippery ball on the ground, picks it up on the half volley, and scores in the corner and screams. Here come the Saints."

"Costigan driving it to 8m from the line. Fien, looking left, looking right, having a little go. Young’ll score! Dean Young - he has scored! The son of the captain of 1979! He’s got a wonderful combination going with Nathan Fien, and he has scored behind the uprights."

"[Sterlo] Field goal Jamie Soward, very very deep, to put them outside 3 converted tries, if they can get the ball there.
[rabs] I think they will, Nathan is reading off the same page. And Nathan Fien gets a try!
[sterlo] ahhh clever!
[rabs] Well they set it up, they rehearsed it, even Ben Hornby played a little part. And Nathan Fien has said forget Jamie Soward, what about me? And he scores in the 70th minute.
[sterlo] Well we were all on the same playsheet but it was the wrong one! Great work there from the Dragons. They sold Jamie Soward was going to take the point, he couldn’t get any deeper, they couldn’t sell it any better. I’m going to throw the ball to Jamie Soward, we all know I’m going to throw the ball to Jamie Soward – no I’m gonna go down the short side and score myself."

"Hornby, floats it over, Gasnier puts on the speed button, goes down the right side Gasnier! Puts a little kick in, Minichiello’s got work to do! And he gets it dead, with Nightingale lurking and now jumping amongst cameras and what have you. He wants 3 doesn’t he, Nightingale? But he’s not gonna get them. Wayne’s got the centre of attention and so he should. Seven grand final victories for Wayne Bennett. And the Dragons win the grand final! 32 to 8. Their first since 1979. In front of a crowd of upwards of 82000 people. Tears appropriate. But 32-8 in favour of the Dragons."

I'm sitting in the office with tears in my eyes.

F*cking magnificent

silverfox

Juniors
they play all the commentry from the Grand Final tried on 2sm some afternoons on Talkin Sport. As i drive home along the M4 i pump my fist after Nighty's second try! and hearing gasniers name as a try scorer - doesnt get much better!

When Hornby went up for that bomb i thought to myself - things are going our way today.... finally!!!