What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Webber's future

Stonecutter

First Grade
On last sundays F1 coverage it was said that Webber will not drive at Williams next year. Renault, Mclaren and I think it was Red Bull racing were teams named as possible contender's for his signature.

IMO McLaren would be the best option for his career.:)

Alex28

Coach
Williams decided they wont be re-signing him this week - came down to dollars and their new Toyota engine contract. They went with cheaper drivers as Webber was going to cost them up to $6 Million a year for the next 2 years.

He'll end up at Red Bull :(

Stonecutter

First Grade
Forgot Mclaren are getting Alonso next year. As much as I hate I reckon h'll end up at Renault. They desperately need a good driver for next year.

Dragons_#1

Bench
his manager is the boss of renault.... they said last nite on the F1 coverage it was down to renault and red bull with red bull the favourites

Stonecutter

First Grade
Dragons_#1 said:
his manager is the boss of renault.... they said last nite on the F1 coverage it was down to renault and red bull with red bull the favourites

Well he can't do any worse then his current drive at Williams.

Stonecutter

First Grade
Webber joins Red Bull for 2007 F1 season
Sportal

Australian Formula One driver Mark Webber has signed with Red Bull Racing for the 2007 season.

Without a drive for next year after he and Williams had last week severed their ties beyond 2006, Webber has agreed to return to the team he formerly raced for, when it was known as Jaguar.

"It's fantastic to be joining Red Bull Racing. It's clear that the team is very hungry for long-term success, it has a very talented group of personnel and there seems to be a real sense of team spirit and unity," Webber said following the announcement on Monday.

"I believe I'm joining the team at exactly the right time for success in the future. After I left Jaguar Racing at the end of the 2004 season and discovered that Mr Mateschitz was taking over the team, I said that I felt the team had been placed in very good hands and had an assured future."

"As a team, it seems to be very realistic and knows the challenge that lies ahead. I hope to bring good experience to the team and to assist it by being a fast and consistent driver and scoring as many points as possible."

Red Bull also confirmed on Monday that Scotsman David Coulthard has signed a new one-year contract to remain with the team next season, meaning Webber's former teammate Christian Klien is now without a seat for 2007.

"I'm delighted to continue with Red Bull Racing for a third season. I can feel that the team is really beginning to gel as a group."

"I'm looking forward to raising the performance of the team and the car and to see Red Bull Racing become a regular points scorer, in with a good shout for achieving podiums and wins."

http://www.sportal.com.au/motorsport.asp?i=news&id=86545

WooKiie

Juniors
i was hoping he'd sign up with a more recognised team, not that red bull isn't, like a maclaren or renault. seems like he's just joining another mid-field team, like a williams or previous jag. i reckon he's definately got the potential to be champion, but he just needs a seat in one of the bigger teams.

Stonecutter

First Grade
DC could really push Webber to a good year next year. Aslong as its a good reliable car Mark should be points competetive every week.

Coraki_kid

Juniors
red bull should be fairly strong next yr. they have adrian newey on board as chief designer and he is regarded as the best. hopefully they get a good engine and newey designs a good car so webber can be consistantly up at the pointy end of the field:)

Utey

Coach
SHARK-SPURS said:
Im pretty sure they use Ferrari's engine's.

Dont they use Ford Cosworths?

*EDIT* I forgot they announced the change in 05 to use Ferrari motors in 06.