What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Webcke - How many weeks

Dog-E

Juniors
Thatw as a nasty tackle!! :eek:

He should be looking at 2-4 weeks (if his record is good) or 4-6 if his record is bad!

Else the NRL is deadset KIDDING!!!!!! One of the worst examples of a spear tackle, under the current rules & definitions - I have seen all season!

1-on-1....player taken WELL past the horizontal...and dumped onto his head - with FORCE!

Dog-E

Juniors
DJ1 said:
He will get charged for the lift, but he pulled out without driving in

You're kiddin?? I only saw it the once, just on the news - from the one angle - but he deadset SLAMMED him into the turf! :eek:

Lenny_2212

Juniors
about 2 weeks, give or take one. if he isnt suspended, the judiciary deadset needs a skunk planted in the main office.

salivor

First Grade
Dog-E said:
Thatw as a nasty tackle!! :eek:

He should be looking at 2-4 weeks (if his record is good) or 4-6 if his record is bad!

Else the NRL is deadset KIDDING!!!!!! One of the worst examples of a spear tackle, under the current rules & definitions - I have seen all season!

1-on-1....player taken WELL past the horizontal...and dumped onto his head - with FORCE!

Webcke took him past the horizontal and then pulled out of the tackle knowing what he'd done. Where the hell was the force and just which game were you watching? Force would've meant Webcke carrying on with a driving motion into the ground which clearly didn't happen.

his chances of winning the dally m are over :( with the cowboys and manly out of form, thurston and kennedys chances dropped so its probably jason smith now.

dog e PLZ KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKINGA BOUT

he let go of him ffs, there was no force, the commentators, and everyone who saw the dam thing knows that, come off it, its not up for discussion cause he did let go, ZERO force

Ghoulies

Bench
2 weeks because of his good record IMO, but his shotty knee will probably keep him out that long anyways.

drake

First Grade
2 weeks, but people will be lining up to stick it into him saying he should get 8 weeks like the Germ.
Tall poppies and all.

Dog-E

Juniors
brissyleaguedude said:
dog e PLZ KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKINGA BOUT

he let go of him ffs, there was no force, the commentators, and everyone who saw the dam thing knows that, come off it, its not up for discussion cause he did let go, ZERO force

Again - just WAIT 'n see...the tackle WAS a nasty one, when not viewed thru maroon & gold glasses! :p

Not intentional - knowing Webcke (he' s a CLEAN bloke!) - but rather reckless...most CERTAINLY careless!!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Oh FFS Brisbane fans, wake up. It was a lifting tackle, very stupid, and if he doesn't get at least 1-2 weeks for it then the NRL is joking themselves. I bet Webcke knows how DUMB it was.

I find it disturbing anyone can defend the fact that he did it.

Striker

Juniors
I think he will get one week. It could have been a lot worse but he did pull out of the tackle when he realised where it was going.

DJ1

Juniors
The NRL consistently goes to the lenient side when the player pulls out.

Webke definitely pulled out without driving him into the turf.

oh ffs dodger read our posts. I was defending the fact webcke didnt pile drive him into the ground. I.e NO FORCE involved. Yes he did tip him. I reckon he should get 1-2 MAX, no bloody more, cut the crap mate.

Game_Breaker

Coach
Webke put him in a dangerous position but pulled out.

On the footy show show last week they asked the match review commitee guy what he was actually looking for in dangerous throws and he specifically said putting players in a dangerous position, and thats what Webke did but because he pulled out they might take a few weeks off the sentence. I say 1 -2 weeks

Dog-E

Juniors
Well...if u reckon he 'pulled out' then may I just suggest that - There are better ways to lessen the impact of a tackle when u relaise it is going wrong!...'Cushion' the player back to the ground...just for one, hey!! :lol:

He panicked tho - cos the player in question hit the deck...HARD - in the footage I saw just earlier!....One way or another in regards to how he GOT there...that is NOT the point!!

Game_Breaker

Coach
Dog-E said:
Well...if u reckon he 'pulled out' then may I just suggest that - There are better ways to lessen the impact of a tackle when u relaise it is going wrong!...'Cushion' the player back to the ground...just for one, hey!! :lol:

He panicked tho - cos the player in question hit the deck...HARD - in the footage I saw just earlier!....One way or another in regards to how he GOT there...that is NOT the point!!

Actually you might have a point. Dropping a player head first on the ground can be more dangerous than if you try to minimise the risk by undoin your lift and tryin to flip him the other way

kickback

Juniors
I wonder if the Broncos were not playing the dogs next friday night would you all be on this thread!!

Does not really matter, we are 6 points clear on the top, and with or with out webcke we still take you to the pounds.

So bring it on!!!

Moffo

Referee
who cares if he pulled out, he put him in a dangerous position to start with, very dangerous

i still say about 4wks