What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Website upgrades

Bulldog Force

Referee
So it's working perfectly now. Cheers.
Well... if that's the interim plan then yes.

Ok so looking to the future now in that case, what is the longer term plan once the upgrades are complete? Will the forum return to it's usual widened state like it was yesterday?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Like the new look, don't like it not taking advantage of my widescreen monitor. Forum needs to widen out again. Hope it's in the plans..

temporarily, hold down the control key and use your mouse wheel to adjust the width, (it alsoi increases your text size)

TooheysNew

Coach
Well... if that's the interim plan then yes.

Ok so looking to the future now in that case, what is the longer term plan once the upgrades are complete? Will the forum return to it's usual widened state like it was yesterday?
Widened yes, but not the same as it was yesterday.

the1

Juniors
Just set up two themes. One with a fluid width and one with a fixed width. Then users can decide which one they are happier to use.

vBulletin can do this easily.

the1

Juniors
Didn't mean to be rude Coby - was just a thought. All advertisement places would still be intact as well.

Apey

Staff member
that's it i'm outta here.

the new layout looks pretty cool, only real issue is the width but suppose I'm a bit late to that party.

El Diablo

Post Whore
if you click on search at the top of each forum the search box isn't popping up in full because the forum is narrow

Bulldog Force

Referee
if you click on search at the top of each forum the search box isn't popping up in full because the forum is narrow
Well thanks for mentioning that El D - I tried it and look what happened:

2zi92qx.jpg

Didgi

Hey gaiz, not sure if you've noticed but the forum is really narrow!!1

If this is not fixed within 0.36 seconds I'm off the site forevar :(

These upgrades can't fully happen overnight. As with any change, it will take some getting used to and some tinkering to find the right fit for the site.