What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Website upgrades

El Diablo

Post Whore
Hardly, Willow said two days ago that he was sticking his neck out there saying it was all fixed, I asked yesterday about the search function.

So was it fixed or wasn't it? How else is the site going to know about issues if the users them selves don't tell you?

use google for the time being https://www.google.com.au/search?q=...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

then type whatever it is you try to search after that

eg https://www.google.com.au/search?q=...94,d.aGc&fp=72b9c73243d0bb8d&biw=1366&bih=598

ozbash

Referee
I know, lets all pay $25 a month ($250 a year discounted), then LU would be able to buy a couple of super-servers and pay people to keep them running.....

then, we could moan/whinge/bitch/throw a tantrum when they didn't go how we wanted them to go !!

Ozzy

First Grade
I know, lets all pay $25 a month ($250 a year discounted), then LU would be able to buy a couple of super-servers and pay people to keep them running.....

then, we could moan/whinge/bitch/throw a tantrum when they didn't go how we wanted them to go !!
:clap::clap: Better still, run your own site. These guys are running the site and doing their best so we can use the site at no cost to us. Personally I say thanks LU.

Just thought I'd point out the pop up advertising isn't really working well on the iPad.

You close it and it seems to come back almost straight away.

It also seems to make the page jump around a bit.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Hardly, Willow said two days ago that he was sticking his neck out there saying it was all fixed
No, I never said it was 'all fixed'.

There's no such thing as 'all fixed'. It is constant maintenance. That's where you might've got yourself into a bind. Sorry if you misunderstood my words.

I actually said I think we've nailed the issue (re the server crashing). And we did. The problems were identified and actions were taken to ease the load on the server. There's a lot of work to do before we can restore all the features for when the next increase in traffic occurs. Features such as the search function.

Probably a day or two away now, but please don't quote me on that.

Willow

Assistant Moderator

lol.

Two super servers coming right up.

And hey, what makes you think you'd get a discount?

Thanks mate, i'll take a look. Which ad are you talking about? The one at the very bottom of the page?

Yeah.

On my iPad it seems to pop up at the bottom of the page.

You can close it but it seems to come back. Also when you close it the page jumps back to the top for some reason.

Thanks.

skeepe

Immortal
The homepage looks pretty interesting on my iPhone

42EA514A-87F7-4A13-9582-F8CDCCA1C61C-1699-00000115B3F8DCB9.jpg

Willow

Assistant Moderator
File transfers are taking place tonight (to a main site server). It may cause some disruption but it should be minimal. Once that is done we should be able to get the main site features operational again (live updates etc). Hopefully this will free up the forum server to enable the various forum functions such as search. Still might be a day or two before it is all fully functional.
Cheers.

ozbash

Referee
File transfers are taking place tonight (to a main site server). It may cause some disruption but it should be minimal. Once that is done we should be able to get the main site features operational again (live updates etc). Hopefully this will free up the forum server to enable the various forum functions such as search. Still might be a day or two before it is all fully functional.
Cheers.

make it snappy, eh.

the Warriors are playing Saturday night... :cool:

JoeD

First Grade
One thing I'm looking for is a competition ladder. There used to be one on the sidebar of forums and on top of home page.

Latest posts