What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Week 2 Finals: Parra v Penrith GAME DAY THREAD @ Mackay 18/9/21

eel01s

Bench
Just saw replay of a Cleary shepherd in a play just before their try. Of course the ref and bunker missed it.

Bandwagon

Staff member
He fu*ked up overusing Rheed and playing Lussick in that nothing Penrith game. Oh thats right. He was injured at training. Silly me.

Rheed was a f**k up, Lussick needed game time, more than he needed to be placed in cotton wool.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Another bulllshit call, in the last 20.

panthers offside for their try. Instead of penalty where the player was offside on halfway he gives it to us on the try line…..

Update - sorry my mistake was correct call

Last edited:

The Eel

Juniors
We made 220m more than the Panthers. We need to work on converting our field position advantage into points. It was an issue for most of this season.
Like I have been saying untll I am blue in the face, we have no attack. 5 plays up and kick. I was screaming at the TV for us to put something on and try something different, but they didn't listen. lol Also, we have no game breaker who can take the game by the scruff of the neck. Mitch didn't run last night when we needed him to. That said, they had a dig. That is all you can ask for

Like I have been saying untll I am blue in the face, we have no attack. 5 plays up and kick. I was screaming at the TV for us to put something on and try something different, but they didn't listen. lol Also, we have no game breaker who can take the game by the scruff of the neck. Mitch didn't run last night when we needed him to. That said, they had a dig. That is all you can ask for
Agree, although I thought Mitch had a good game. He did everything he could under the circumstances. In the second half the amount of mistakes (made mostly by Ray Stone) kept us pinned in our half. Those mistakes lost us the game as well as Klein.

I do agree we need something else to vary it up. So many times when we did attack their linen at the end there we one out plays into their defensive lines, that’s probably the coaching. we do need some xfactor that could break a game for us.

lucablight

First Grade
Agree, although I thought Mitch had a good game. He did everything he could under the circumstances. In the second half the amount of mistakes (made mostly by Ray Stone) kept us pinned in our half. Those mistakes lost us the game as well as Klein.

I do agree we need something else to vary it up. So many times when we did attack their linen at the end there we one out plays into their defensive lines, that’s probably the coaching. we do need some xfactor that could break a game for us.
I think Moses is the best in play kicker in the game right now. The amount of depth he gets on his kicks to salvage a crappy set when we’re bringing the ball out from the line is unmatched by any halfback at the moment. I think he needs to do better with his passing in the 20m attacking zone though. He doesn’t have the money ball to put people through gaps or create overlaps like a lot of the other top halves.

I think Moses is the best in play kicker in the game right now. The amount of depth he gets on his kicks to salvage a crappy set when we’re bringing the ball out from the line is unmatched by any halfback at the moment. I think he needs to do better with his passing in the 20m attacking zone though. He doesn’t have the money ball to put people through gaps or create overlaps like a lot of the other top halves.
Your probably right on the money ball putting people into gaps with Moses. But how many of his runners a tempt to run into a hole to help him out. Most of our plays don’t suit that style and again that comes back to the coaching . Only player who has given a few passes that has put another player into a hole is Nathan Brown.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I was shocked that our amazing block plays and crash balls didn't get the job done against the best defence in the League. Nothing wrong with our attack or shapes though.

lingard

Coach
I think next season Brown will join the middle rotation from the bench, noth7ng wrong with that. Matterson can have the 13 if fit/training well,which leaves Papali'i, Niukore and Lane for the edge forward spots/bench.
Papali'i and Niukore need to be on the edge. Sure, they're good in the middle; but on the edge they can be totally devastating.

Latest posts