What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Week 3 Finals v Melbourne

Panther Pete

Juniors
So, how confident are we of progressing to the GF?
As a very long term Panther fan I have been conditioned to be pessimistic. However even I think if we stick to what we have done for the past 3-4 years we should get it done against a fairly busted Melbourne side. If we do win I won’t be so confident the following week against Brisbane.

Dodgy

Juniors
If you didn't go for Penrith, your attitude would be that they'll piss it in. The Broncos will put up a fight and make it interesting in the GF, but Penrith still to win.

But it's different when you do go for the team, the prelims haven't started yet, and you have to respect how good the remaining teams are.

maple_69

Bench
Playing at Accor this week is an advantage in itself. Brisbane would need to come out of their bubble and play on a track they haven’t set foot on all year. It’ll be the 3rd time they leave QLD in 4 months. Plenty of advantage in our preparation, not to mention an extra day for recovery.

Sounds like To’o said Luai is in and Tago is out. Definitely need to carry Cogger on the bench as Kenny/Luai cover and I’d go Garner on the right and Critta on the left so Romey has strong defenders either side. Give Kenny a rest after 50 mins and then just leave Cogger out to play 6 for the last 15-20.

Hopefully Tago is right for the grand final. Makes us so much more dangerous having threats on both sides of the field.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Playing at Accor this week is an advantage in itself. Brisbane would need to come out of their bubble and play on a track they haven’t set foot on all year. It’ll be the 3rd time they leave QLD in 4 months. Plenty of advantage in our preparation, not to mention an extra day for recovery.

Sounds like To’o said Luai is in and Tago is out. Definitely need to carry Cogger on the bench as Kenny/Luai cover and I’d go Garner on the right and Critta on the left so Romey has strong defenders either side. Give Kenny a rest after 50 mins and then just leave Cogger out to play 6 for the last 15-20.

Hopefully Tago is right for the grand final. Makes us so much more dangerous having threats on both sides of the field.
Really, I heard Tago was good to go, he must have re-injured himself. That’s not good.

Sime_11

Juniors
id risk Luai this game - if he re-injures - we have enough to cover him against the Storm.

i think its too risky holding Luai for an all or nothing GF - imagine if we make the GF and luai goes down in first 10 mins .... Mitch Kenny would have to go 80 against the Broncs pack

Girds89

Bench
Kenny is capable of 80 and i think we need him out there the next 2 weeks for all of it.

Hes the best middle defender at the club bar maybe yeo but hes line speed and ability to stop a bigger man in their tracks is unmatched.

Against two big packs we need him.

Tago i think really needs to be fit..

Can possibly get away with garner at centre this week but no way against walsh... no effing way in the world..

If tago isnt fit for the gf we lose..simple as that..

Peach and garner dont have the speed to combat walsh... no one does but you need critta and tago out there for that if we get there.... walsh would have a field day against the peach or walsh and that is with all due respect to how good theyve been.

If luai isnt 100% cogger plays imo...

If tago isnt 100% fit garner plays centre imo...

Its not ideal... and i know you cant risk losing to be in a gf... but we lose the gf anyway i think with cogger at 6 and or garner at centre if tags and luai get hurt again. Walsh and mam are to devastating and quick for our back ups to handle..

Anyway... just win this week boys..

Im confident but i think it will be a huge battle..

Nath needs to own it. Despite all the media love storm bs his kicking game at large times this year has just been avg...

He needs to have to have it on a dime and play eyes up...

Lets make history

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Kenny is capable of 80 and i think we need him out there the next 2 weeks for all of it.

Hes the best middle defender at the club bar maybe yeo but hes line speed and ability to stop a bigger man in their tracks is unmatched.

Can possibly get away with garner at centre this week but no way against walsh... no effing way in the world..

Peach and garner dont have the speed to combat walsh... no one does but you need critta and tago out there for that if we get there.... walsh would have a field day against the peach or walsh and that is with all due respect to how good theyve been.

Its not ideal... and i know you cant risk losing to be in a gf... but we lose the gf anyway i think with cogger at 6 and or garner at centre if tags and luai get hurt again. Walsh and mam are to devastating and quick for our back ups to handle..

Nath needs to own it. Despite all the media love storm bs his kicking game at large times this year has just been avg...

Lets make history
Haha bit dramatic saying we can't win with Tago

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
Like a few, not thinking about another GF. Lets get this one in 4 days time.. Then bring on the party week for a 4th year woooo.

Luke Bowden

First Grade

Lets make history
You shut Walsh down with structure not speed. Garner can handle him if we remain in our structures.

Iamback

Coach
You shut Walsh down with structure not speed. Garner can handle him if we remain in our structures.

Fullbacks like him we have no trouble with. It is the ones that do lots of work that are hard

He attacks on the right. Crichton will give a bath after Cleary tires him out

soc123_au

Staff member
Exactly, his speed is irrelevant if you don't allow him to get in a position to use it. He was a non event when we played them at Suncorp.

The only time Walsh has seen us lose was from in the stands.

Munky

Coach
Exactly, his speed is irrelevant if you don't allow him to get in a position to use it. He was a non event when we played them at Suncorp.

The only time Walsh has seen us lose was from in the stands.

I agree but I worry about if Peach is at left centre.

He's clutched at air against bad teams this season too many times.