What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Week 3 Finals v Melbourne

WestyLife

First Grade
Penrith at the moment is better than nsw have been. Walsh will find out in the gf if we get that far just what intensity is and what burning legs feel like. It'll be entirely different. I want to get through the storm first though.

MugaB

Coach

---

I'm expecting him to play.
I'm not, i feel like seeing the video of Romy he is going thru the motions, but he isn't his carefree self..
Its like he knows he isn't playing, I'd expect cogger to play, as he already has... plus its unlocked Nathan's running game, and seeing nate at somewhat makeshift 5/8th, might just be scaring a few sides, imagine all 3 on the field come GF

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Our pack is a 9/10. The Storm maybe a 5/10 if I'm being generous. Our big boys do their thing and the game is already decided.

Our backs are also miles better, it's not even close. 13+ is where most the money will go and with good reason

Iamback

Coach
I'd be working on Smith as a starter. Leota has the skillset to offset the loss of Spencer a bit. Hopefully we have someone else coming through that can help fill the void as well. Thats the price of success I suppose. I think we will adapt.

That would be my plan

MugaB

Coach
I'd be working on Smith as a starter. Leota has the skillset to offset the loss of Spencer a bit. Hopefully we have someone else coming through that can help fill the void as well. Thats the price of success I suppose. I think we will adapt.
Leota rips and tears alongside Fish, this one two punch, ruins the opposing middles and then the team goes to work, you'll not get that same impact in the first 20-25 minutes from fish and smith, if you want a spencer replacement, you find another one or put hosking on the edge, and get Martin to play that role in the middle off the bench rotation, when Martin came off the bench, he was just as loose as Leniu

soc123_au

Staff member
Leota rips and tears alongside Fish, this one two punch, ruins the opposing middles and then the team goes to work, you'll not get that same impact in the first 20-25 minutes from fish and smith, if you want a spencer replacement, you find another one or put hosking on the edge, and get Martin to play that role in the middle off the bench rotation, when Martin came off the bench, he was just as loose as Leniu
That plan has merit too.

MugaB

Coach
That plan has merit too.
You cant replace our starting middles and expect not to be vulnerable elsewhere, we ruined parra in the GF in that first 20 mins, it has to start early or the opposition don't get fatigued at the back end of the game, the grind is all that matters

Iamback

Coach
You cant replace our starting middles and expect not to be vulnerable elsewhere, we ruined parra in the GF in that first 20 mins, it has to start early or the opposition don't get fatigued at the back end of the game, the grind is all that matters

Yes but the plan would be the develop Smith into a starting middle.

You are looking at Smith as he currently is not with another pre season of development

Latest posts