What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Week one semi

if ya cant beat the raiders (havnt won a finals game since 1997)

well then you probably wont win it.

team 1 is pretty much obligated to beat 8 IMO.

and they might be 7th anyway

RedVDave

First Grade
the raiders (havnt won a finals game since 1997)

Actually I was talking about that on the way home from Newcastle I thought the last time they won a finals game was 2001 but 13 years? That is some streak, not to mention Saints are 2-0 against Canberra come finals time, although whos to say Canberra will finish 8th? Cooperman for mine has summed it up best though, quite frankly I just don't like this thread, FFS Canberra should be fearing US not the other way around.

*end rant*

Actually I was talking about that on the way home from Newcastle I thought the last time they won a finals game was 2001 but 13 years? That is some streak, not to mention Saints are 2-0 against Canberra come finals time, although whos to say Canberra will finish 8th? Cooperman for mine has summed it up best though, quite frankly I just don't like this thread, FFS Canberra should be fearing US not the other way around.

nah i i was wrong it was the year 2000. they also won in 1998 week 1.

they last played semis 2008. were confident of beating the sharks due to their attacking flair and our grind game. we crushed em.

dragons would be favourites and shoukd win due to the pressure

RedVDave

First Grade
nah i i was wrong it was the year 2000. they also won in 1998 week 1.

they last played semis 2008. were confident of beating the sharks due to their attacking flair and our grind game. we crushed em.

dragons would be favourites and shoukd win due to the pressure

Even still ten years with a semis win is massive, have to agree RCB it's us in the box seat not the other way around. Good thing the finals are not played in the ACT ay?

if they were first its a no brainer. they win at home on a sunday and score run away trys. thats what they do regardless of the opposition

weird thing is thought that say they do beat you in week one im pretty sure they dont get a home region semi in week 2.

the raiders will rue the two games they threw away against souths and the tigers. feasibly they could be fighting for a home semi or a position where they arent automatically eliminated.

then again this year i dunno who will win anywhere. manly at 7th could still miss the finals and the titans could slip down to 6th. all 4 home teams could lose in week 1.

are the tigers good?
titans?
warriors?

no brisbane and storm...the 4 prelim finalist from last year arent there. new zealand in the finals is always interesting

TheRev

Coach
- None of the other 7 teams are superstar teams, all beatable, doesnt mean we will, but we have as much a chance as anyone, especially with a home final and 2nd chance.

- Im really glad to have lost recently to Canberra though, it means we come in as the underdogs (sort of), and I think it will be all the difference and we will smash canberra by 12-20pts.

- Note: Parramatta last year played way beyond their paygrades during the finals, if any team plays that good footy against us, it will ba tough/tight battle, but this is finals, this is why we follow the game!

(KW)

Juniors
weird thing is thought that say they do beat you in week one im pretty sure they dont get a home region semi in week 2.

IF, and it is a mighty big IF, the Raiders make the top 8 and win in week 1, their next game WILL be at Canberra Stadium. IF they make it that far, good luck to the team coming down for that game.

We havent even made the 8 yet.

KW

saint frank

Juniors
I want to play canberra because simply puttting it, we a due against them. If you take it from a probability perspective say you keep getting black evenuately red will be turned and sunday week it will be red.:D